• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alot depends on Ferguson and he has to critically examine the stock he has on hand-those who will not make it at this level and those who will if given 'time'. He has to act decisively and make the changes. No sense carrying half-baked players who are only going to act as dead weights and impede the team's development.

Kaka is creative and he can be assertive in midfield as he has done for Milan and REAL. His movement and crossing is alot better than the current lot that we have and his approach to the game more forward looking. The downside risk with Kaka is that he's really poor in defence. My guess is a defensive midfielder would serve us well at this time given our status quo. Vidic is out and the hole in the middle is frighteningly large.

We can't let Ferdinand go just yet as it will leave an even bigger hole. Old fart should stop twiddling his thumb and make the first move.

I think he crave more for Benzema, he can be had for some moola...

surely something can be arranged since Mourinho is harboring hopes of taking over from Fergie.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he crave more for Benzema, he can be had for some moola...

surely something can be arranged since Mourinho is harboring hopes of taking over from Fergie.

You seriously think Mourinho wants the Utd job? I very much doubt it. He's not looking for job security but one that will render him a decent squad and a blank cheque. My money is on Mourinho landing in City.

Mourinho has strikers that have similar styles- Benzema and Higuain. Always thot a physical player in the mold of Drogba would do the REAL team alot of good.

jw5

Loyal
no...not Kaka.

a defensive midfielder in mould of Roy Keane to start with. there is this belgian guy he is tracking before...sorry cannot remember name...can get him?

Do u mean Steven Defour previously of Standard Liege? Fergie wrote to him while he was injured to encourage him.
He moved to Porto in the summer. Good player, not as exciting as his countryman Hazard or German Gotze, but quite combative midfielder.

jw5

Loyal
I believe Gotze will choose Arsenal ahead of United provided Bayern doesn't come in with the money. Gotze knows he'll have a better chance to play in the first 11 if he chooses Arse. Moreover, he has Matersacker for company. Ferguson on the other hand is not going to guarantee Gotze a place in the final eleven week in week out. We've seen his player rotation strategy and some of the promising youth players hardly had a look into the first team. I understand that is the reason why Pogba doesn't want to extend his contract. Be that as it may, that old fart had better look at the players that he needs before they list the club on the Singapore bourse.

Yes, I agree about Gotze's choice and what oldfart should do.
Old fart is over-rated a lot of the time, he is to blame for a lot of problems, even as he takes credit for their success.
He has too much faith in his existing players like Wenger and also too yayapapaya.

I thought of another player. Jack Rodwell.
Not the most exciting player in the world, but he can cover both defence and defensive midfield.
He is young, english, and Everton may be willing to sell.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do u mean Steven Defour previously of Standard Liege? Fergie wrote to him while he was injured to encourage him.
He moved to Porto in the summer. Good player, not as exciting as his countryman Hazard or German Gotze, but quite combative midfielder.

yes, thats the one.

there's another Diarra or something of Real Madrid - dunno still there or not...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old fart is over-rated a lot of the time, he is to blame for a lot of problems, even as he takes credit for their success.
He has too much faith in his existing players like Wenger and also too yayapapaya.

Not the most exciting player in the world, but he can cover both defence and defensive midfield.

Rodwell was on Fergie's radar before...but this season have not been that outstanding...Barkley (did i get the spelling right?) is now the rising star.

Sorry, am typing on the fly...unable to verify via Wiki on the name...:P

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no...not Kaka. risk missing out developing Cleverly and Pogba (when they return) further. First, sell off Anderson. He is as useful as an empty can. Gibson can as well follow him out.
Ferdinand shld go...please, i cannot say it more...injury prone and slow. Get the Blackburn guy - Samba for a cheap dea
...i am surprised that Macheda could not improve on his form 2 seasons ago.
Don't disagree, bit dilemma here. But Anderson's done his time, Gibson's as good as his physique like hokkien sweet potato. Is Macheda short lived wonder (started with a bang) or maybe more game exposure needed?

Now ours like a ER list, lucky we ate wolves last weekend (needed uplift after CL debacle). And rarely can thank Chelskis for slim 2 pts lead. Hope the gunners can put them on their sights this weekend. But then we better cover our own ass vs QPR.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't disagree, bit dilemma here. But Anderson's done his time, Gibson's as good as his physique like hokkien sweet potato. Is Macheda short lived wonder (started with a bang) or maybe more game exposure needed?

Now ours like a ER list, lucky we ate wolves last weekend (needed uplift after CL debacle). And rarely can thank Chelskis for slim 2 pts lead. Hope the gunners can put them on their sights this weekend. But then we better cover our own ass vs QPR.

Ars vs Man C...i hope for draw...hopefully Van Pussy can still carry the hot form for one more match...cannot really see them walking away with victory...not at Etihad.

Man U vs QPR this weekend, away. QPR is not an easy team to beat away...they might slip on this as well...

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

The only time Jack Rodwell impressed me was when he got sent off in the Merseyside Derby. My guess is Fergy will make public that he sees no need to buy in January but quietly make hush hush bids to bring someone in. The world must not know Man U is shopping for players otherwise the price tag will inflate faster than we can say buy.

jw5

Loyal
Rodwell was on Fergie's radar before...but this season have not been that outstanding...Barkley (did i get the spelling right?) is now the rising star.

Sorry, am typing on the fly...unable to verify via Wiki on the name...:P

Yes, it's Ross Barkley, quite an exciting player, dribbler winger type.
But he can't even get into Everton first 11 at the moment, perhaps Moyes thinks he's still too green.

Rodwell is not outstanding but he can cover defence which I think will be a problem later with injuries.

jw5

Loyal
The only time Jack Rodwell impressed me was when he got sent off in the Merseyside Derby. My guess is Fergy will make public that he sees no need to buy in January but quietly make hush hush bids to bring someone in. The world must not know Man U is shopping for players otherwise the price tag will inflate faster than we can say buy.

Now the team not only needs good players, but also versatile cover. Desperate times.
red's idea is not bad, Lassana Diarra of Real who is used sparingly as Xabi Alonso's backup.
Some of these players at big clubs used sparingly may be useful.
Looks like Chelsea got a good player in Romeu.
Another good player is Honda of CSKA Moscow, but he has been injured for a long time.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now the team not only needs good players, but also versatile cover. Desperate times.
red's idea is not bad, Lassana Diarra of Real who is used sparingly as Xabi Alonso's backup.
Some of these players at big clubs used sparingly may be useful.
Looks like Chelsea got a good player in Romeu.
Another good player is Honda of CSKA Moscow, but he has been injured for a long time.

REAL will not rock the boat by selling players while they're ahead of the pack and going into the second half of the season. It's make a break for Mourinho to win Laliga. As far promising Jap players are concerned, Arse have gotten hold of that player and he's only 18. The boy is all speed. Wenger was tipped by his 'successor' who is currently plying his trade in the J-league.

United has already identified the player they want in January. They've also thrown out alot of smoke and names of various players to distract the big clubs.The player of interest is unlikely to be a tier one type.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy Keane hits out at Fergie

By MIKE McGRATH
Published: 18 Dec 2011
The SUN

ROY KEANE has launched an astonishing attack on former boss Alex Ferguson.
Keane blasted back in a bitter war of words with Ferguson — accusing his ex-manager of trying to turn Manchester United fans against him.

And the legendary former United skipper claimed Fergie had not always acted in the best interests of the club.

Keano went on to insist the level of Ferguson's success was down to players like him putting 'bodies on the line'.

He also claimed United threatened legal action after an interview in 2008 when he criticised their handling of his exit from Old Trafford.

Keane pointed to Ferguson's row with Irish shareholder John Magnier over racehorse Rock of Gibraltar when suggesting the United boss does not always do what is best for the club.

He said: "People say Ferguson always does what is right for Man United.

"I don't think he does. He does what's right for him.

"The Irish thing, I was speaking to the manager about it. This didn't help the club, the manager going to law against its leading shareholder.

"How could it be of benefit to Man United?

"It wasn't and we know what happened in the end. What was that all about? Power and control."

Despite winning seven Premier League titles together, Keane's relationship with Fergie has totally broken down since he left the club in 2005.

And the row escalated after Keane criticised United's youngsters when they crashed out of the Champions League at the group stages earlier this month.

Fergie then questioned Keane's own managerial record.

His ex-boss also wrote in his programme notes that his side were getting stick 'even from people we thought were perhaps on our side'.

But Keano said: "You could question every pundit's managerial skill in relation to Ferguson's and we're all going to come up short.

"But I would also say that without players like myself, maybe he wouldn't have such a good managerial record because it's soon forgotten that we put bodies on the line for him."

The recent clash was sparked when Keane revealed his shock at Phil Jones saying he was relaxed before the decisive Euro defeat to Basel this month.

At the time, Keane, 40, said: "I'd be getting hold of some of those lads, saying, 'You'd better buck up your ideas'."

That is when Fergie responded with his 'on our side' comments.

And Keane added: "There was an angle there of trying to get the fans to look differently at me and I thought, 'I can't have that'. I thought it was ridiculous. I can hardly do TV wearing the United scarf.

"And if telling the young players to pull their socks up is such a hard thing to accept, I ask myself what kind of world are we living in."

Keane reckons Fergie is still trying to 'control' him despite leaving the club.

He revealed: "I spoke to Alex about management before I left United. The two words he always used were power and control. I understand power and control over people inside the football club.

"But not power and control of people who've left the club.

"He's trying to have power and control over me but I left Man United six years ago."

He added: "People say he stood by me in difficult times.

"But he didn't when I was 34, not when I was towards the end and had a few differences with (assistant boss) Carlos Queiroz. All of a sudden then, 'Off you go, Roy, and here's the statement we've done.'"

As for getting threatened with legal action by United, Keane said: "I count my blessings to have played for Manchester United.

"All of my family are United fans and I don't have any bitterness towards Man United, please let's make that clear.

"But when you get a letter from lawyers representing the club, you wonder what it was all about."

**************************************************************************************************************************

It is a pity it has come to this. Old fart would do well not to go into a tit for tat respond from Keane. I thot Keane made several valid points about that tyrant and of course he meant well.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think fergie won't normally intervene...but this time i believe Keane has hit the raw nerve.

- he is right , the youngsters need to buck up. De Gea - so far, his performance has not been mighty - yes, he made some good saves but far from showing the assurance that he can take over from VDS.
- Young, he was superb in the first few games, then he faded ...
- Phil Jones, from the body language, I gather Fergie treat him differently. Hence when Keane criticize Jones, Fergie jumped to his aid and lashed back at him. And Fergie is known to be protective of his players in front of media, Keane shld know it, back when he was in Man U's squad.

i recalled during his episode with that Leeds bugger (where he admitted to stamping on him), Fergie backed him. And Fergie valued him until his performance started to dip (after an injury) and suddenly he was shipped out.

Keane has a grudge to bear with Fergie. He shld know better than to ruffle Fergie's feathers. Look at Giggs, he toed the line and despite his messy private life, Fergie still treat him good. Ditto for Rooney.

Those that ruffled his feathers suffered ...Beckham, Horse-face RVN, Ince, Stam

jw5

Loyal
United has already identified the player they want in January. They've also thrown out alot of smoke and names of various players to distract the big clubs.The player of interest is unlikely to be a tier one type.

Who is that player? Tell us leh.................

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United are set to be without Phil Jones and Ashley Young for a number of weeks after both players picked up injuries in the victory over Fulham, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed.
ashleyyoungcelebvbasel20110927_275x155.jpg
<cite></cite>Ashley Young joins United's growing injury list

Ferguson revealed he expects winger Young to be out for two to three weeks following an injury picked up in the 5-0 away win on Wednesday.
As yet the injury remains unspecified but, regardless, it is blow for United that winger Young joins their increasing injury list.
"The tackle on Ashley Young was a very aggressive tackle and I will have to see that again,'' Ferguson told MUTV. "Fulham were very aggressive in the second half and Ashley Young has paid the price for that. He has got a sore one so will be out for two to three weeks."
Young was only brought on at Craven Cottage as a substitute for Jones, who was forced off in the first half after a clash with Clint Dempsey.
The youngster will go for an X-ray on Thursday, but is expected to miss six weeks if initial fears about a facial injury are confirmed.
"On Phil Jones it was an elbow from Dempsey, but I don't think it was intentional. But he caught him with an elbow," Ferguson added.
"We are sending him for an X-ray tomorrow and it doesn't look great. We are picking up injuries at the moment."
Ferguson also confirmed Rio Ferdinand missed the clash due to a foot injury. The defender will miss the Boxing Day clash with Wigan, but is expected to be fit for the New Years Eve match against Blackburn.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
losing Phil Jones is critical. They miss out a central defender & central midfielder. Also, because of this, Smalling have to play central defense with Evans (who is still unconvincing) - Ferdinand is injury prone.

With this, Valencia play right back - which is the weakest link because he sucks at being a right back.

The running & defending of Phil has been crucial for Man U....ashley young is nothing of concern since they have Valencia & Nani.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
losing Phil Jones...miss out a central defender & central midfielder. Also, because of this, Smalling have to play central defense with Evans (who is still unconvincing) - Ferdinand is injury prone.
With this, Valencia play right back - which is the weakest link because he sucks at being a right back.
Fine clearance before he left pitch this morning. Hope he gets a facelift before next home game vs Wigan on Boxing day.

And followed by new year's eve home vs Blackburn. I went back to bed this morning, comfortable with 1st half 3 goals lead (with a bigger grin knowing we knocked them for 5). Bit of dejavu seeing Arne Risse and Murphy plying their trade with Fulham (when they did us in whilst playing for another esteemed opposition)