• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

jw5

Loyal
i recall once they lost to Newcastle by the same score...but never at Old Trafford...

to lose with this scoreline at OT is inexcusable.

Think Newcastle loss was 5 goals..............
This loss could be a good wake up call for all of them.
Coaching staff and players have become too arrogant and over-confident.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I concur. The humbling defeat will do Man U alot of good if lessons were learned. I think they have to look for a defensive midfielder and cover for Evra in earnest when trading resumes in January. Enuff said about the game and I believe this could be a start of something special for the RED DEVILS!!!!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I concur. The humbling defeat will do Man U alot of good if lessons were learned. I think they have to look for a defensive midfielder and cover for Evra in earnest when trading resumes in January. Enuff said about the game and I believe this could be a start of something special for the RED DEVILS!!!!!
]

Fergie usu hesitant to stock up during Jan transfer window...n unless he unearth another Chircatho...difficult to find anyone not cup-tied in Europe thats fit the bill.

If they manage to list in SG in Jan, we will be financing this transfer ...

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
]

Fergie usu hesitant to stock up during Jan transfer window...n unless he unearth another Chircatho...difficult to find anyone not cup-tied in Europe thats fit the bill.

If they manage to list in SG in Jan, we will be financing this transfer ...

The prospect of having to play the rest of the season with none other than M. Carrick is a scary one. In fact he is the only defensive midfielder we have. Playing a defensive midfielder in front of the back 4 is the way forward for United. It would be nice if they could unearth another Makelele.

Vidic returning to central defence is not the solution to the current crisis of confidence we have at the back. It may alleviate the problem but covering for Evra who is on a steep decline in form in recent months may be near impossible especially if Vidic has another shoulder to look over-Rio Ferdinand. If they play Evans again, we can expect more defeats and we will probably challenge for 3rd or 4th placings in the Premier League.

If SAF is serious about challenging Barca, he has to set the bar alot higher than what we have seen so far. Act ruthless and remove the no gooders, CMIs and what have you. Nurture those who are willing to put their heart and soul for the club. In so many words, stop farking around!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The prospect of having to play the rest of the season with none other than M. Carrick is a scary one. In fact he is the only defensive midfielder we have. Playing a defensive midfielder in front of the back 4 is the way forward for United. It would be nice if they could unearth another Makelele.

Vidic returning to central defence is not the solution to the current crisis of confidence we have at the back. It may alleviate the problem but covering for Evra who is on a steep decline in form in recent months may be near impossible especially if Vidic has another shoulder to look over-Rio Ferdinand. If they play Evans again, we can expect more defeats and we will probably challenge for 3rd or 4th placings in the Premier League.

If SAF is serious about challenging Barca, he has to set the bar alot higher than what we have seen so far. Act ruthless and remove the no gooders, CMIs and what have you. Nurture those who are willing to put their heart and soul for the club. In so many words, stop farking around!!

Man U calling for DMC since Roy Keane left. From Djemba to Carrick to Fletcher to Anderson. I left out Heagraves. he would be good if not for his crippling injury.

Fletcher I thought was good too until he kenna that mysterious virus....looks like DMC of Man U all hexed.

I thought Fergie decided to cheong and attack for this season as strategy...using wingers to overwhelm opponents..but great teams should have multi faceted attacks...the injury to Cleverly and the lack of a creative midfielder robs them the opportunity to organise attacks from the middle. Rooney can play as AMC but it means having someone else in attack besides Little Pea.

Before Man C match, i read the papers rate Man U's wingers higher than Man C...but in the match, looks like Milner & Silva dominated Nani and Young.

So, Fergie, back to the drawing board, DMC please...go get that Mamamdou from Madrid...forget about UCL for the time being, organise your domestic challenge first.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought this is funny when my Liverpool cousin fan sent me this

Husband:" I wanna fuck you 6 times in 90 minutes"
Wife:"Who do you think I am? Man United?"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rooney deploy as a playmaker behind the 2 strikers. Rooney has to take up the role of Anderson. wtf.
Berbatov better sell him together with Anderson while they still worth a penny.

altho they hold more possession but doesnt reflect their game at all. sloppy first half.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's likely to play that role on a regular basis as there aren't many players capable of 'pulling the strings' for United in that department except perhaps Giggs. He's also the only one who has the legs and willingness to chase down the balls unlike Young and Nani.
I think Anderson have been given ample time to prove his consistency and I can't see him improving from here. As far as Berba is concerned, I thot he was sharp against Aldershot in the Carling Cup tie and it was no surprise that he played some part in the league game last weekend and this morning's Euro tie.

SAF fielded a very weak team this morning and the margin of victory was a tad too flattering. With Vidic seeing thru his 3 match suspension and Smalling sidelined with an injury, Fergie played 3 misfits at the back four-Ferdinand,Evans and Fabio but fortunately we were just playing a Romanian outfit and not some top clubs in Europe.

All in all, it was a good day for the Red Devils but I can't help but wonder if SAF is thinking of making wholesale changes to the squad come end of season, perhaps remove the fringe players who are injury prone like Owen, Fletcher and Ferdinand once and for all and put more steel in midfield by taking out Anderson,Carrick,Giggs and Park. They need to work out changes to the flanks as I thot Valencia has been figured out by defenders in the premier league-just a one trick pony u might say and I think they may have problems with Asley Young.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SAF fielded a very weak team this morning and the margin of victory was a tad too flattering. With Vidic seeing thru his 3 match suspension and Smalling sidelined with an injury, Fergie played 3 misfits at the back four-Ferdinand,Evans and Fabio but fortunately we were just playing a Romanian outfit and not some top clubs in Europe.

14968177fd56eba7aace0dd7493876c52c332ad5.jpg

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's likely to play that role on a regular basis as there aren't many players capable of 'pulling the strings' for United in that department except perhaps Giggs. He's also the only one who has the legs and willingness to chase down the balls unlike Young and Nani.
I think Anderson have been given ample time to prove his consistency and I can't see him improving from here. As far as Berba is concerned, I thot he was sharp against Aldershot in the Carling Cup tie and it was no surprise that he played some part in the league game last weekend and this morning's Euro tie.

All in all, it was a good day for the Red Devils but I can't help but wonder if SAF is thinking of making wholesale changes to the squad come end of season, perhaps remove the fringe players who are injury prone like Owen, Fletcher and Ferdinand once and for all and put more steel in midfield by taking out Anderson,Carrick,Giggs and Park. They need to work out changes to the flanks as I thot Valencia has been figured out by defenders in the premier league-just a one trick pony u might say and I think they may have problems with Asley Young.

totally agreed...Man U din play well this morning & Otel played worse....Anderson immediately at start of the game, gave the ball away, Otel could not figure out what to do with it effectively.

Another point, a cross came in, Ferdinand was not in the box defending but running behind Jones who was at the flanks...Fabio attempted a weak header, WTF...Ferdinand was guarding Jones's shadow

I noticed Anderson keep giving balls away, his passes are sloppy - and I am frustrated why Fergie play him almost in every game...put a youngster there and let him prove himself...Anderson has proven to be junk.

Berba - I don't know if it is because he don't have enough playtime or what...surely a Golden Boot winner cannot suddenly turn dud right (except Torres of course)...i expected a goal from him.

Like RVP for Ars, I think Rooney is half carrying the team for the moment, but playing him as CM (like this morning) means he is missed upfront...how i wish you could copy n paste another Rooney upfront.

Come Jan, dun wait Fergie, do something in Jan, buy a CM and DM...

jw5

Loyal
Fergie 25 years, everyone is naming their best Fergie 11.
Here's mine.

Schmeichel, Paul Parker, Denis Irwin, Stam, Pallister, Ronaldo, Giggs, Keane, Scholes, Cantona, RVN.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Best 11

Keeper-Schmeichel

Back 4- Berg.Stam, Vidic and Irwin

DM- Keane(Robson/ Hargreaves)

Midfielders-Giggs, Ronaldo (Kanchelski),Scholes(Cantona),

Striker-RVN(Mark Hughes)

Subs-Rooney, Ince,Pallister, Bruce, Beckham

jw5

Loyal
You team only 10 players, those not in brackets.

Suggest Cantona in the first team. :wink:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I meant to put Hughes and RVN upfront. Formation will be 4-1-3-2 with Hughes just playing behind RVN. This high octane line up can go on an unbeaten run anytime. Cantona can play the ace in the pack when we need leadership or chasing the game. That is wat I remembered Cantona for n of course his unforgettable Kung Fu kick.

jw5

Loyal
I meant to put Hughes and RVN upfront. Formation will be 4-1-3-2 with Hughes just playing behind RVN. This high octane line up can go on an unbeaten run anytime. Cantona can play the ace in the pack when we need leadership or chasing the game. That is wat I remembered Cantona for n of course his unforgettable Kung Fu kick.

OK. :wink:
Popular choice at right back is Gary Neville, but I don't like him and it appears nether do u. Don't really like Berg either, prefer Parker. Vidic is ok, Pallister just got the edge over him becos of his power of recovery.

Hargreaves definitely no for me. And not Ince either. Botak pundit McMahon once said that he played against both Keane abd Ince and Keane was by far the better player. Under-rated for his technical ability.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK. :wink:
Popular choice at right back is Gary Neville, but I don't like him and it appears nether do u. Don't really like Berg either, prefer Parker. Vidic is ok, Pallister just got the edge over him becos of his power of recovery.

Hargreaves definitely no for me. And not Ince either. Botak pundit McMahon once said that he played against both Keane abd Ince and Keane was by far the better player. Under-rated for his technical ability.

Berg did an outstanding job in central defense when United acquired him from Blackburn. He was versatile and could have played on the right side of defense had it not been for one injury prone Ronnie Johnsen. Vidic is unbelievably strong in the air and has played with several players in defense. I thot Pallister was equally outstanding, not so much individually but part of that dynamic partnership with the other rock solid Steve Bruce.

Hargreaves was a waste. He could have been the perfect fit for that role. As far as Ince is concerned, he had the tenacity of a pit bull and this is one quality that I dun see in the midfielders we have today. Dun mention Gary.Even my grandma can dribble past him.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
manutd player Wes Brown made sure manutd gained their valuable 3 points by heading the ball into Sunderland net.
oops, itz ex-manutd player Wes Brown.:biggrin:

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First they have to get rid of the Bulgarian @ half price.

Disgusting. Now Fergie wants him around for another year just after the Bulgarian said that he may consider joining Anzhi. :biggrin:

Friday 18th November 2011

650777_33_preview.jpg

United keen to keep Berbatov

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Manchester United are likely to activate a clause in Dimitar Berbatov's contract that will keep him at Old Trafford for another year.