• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
next match with Chelsea will probably decide the title.
Man U is in the driving seat and once they are leading,will be very difficult for any team to overtake it.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
:wink:
No credit to Berbi this morning? Thought his deft touches (in absence of Ron) was good, no?

Berba along with Nani, Vidic,
were the top 3 players last Sat.
A lot of credit should also go to Van Der Sar,
for making a couple of good saves.
Unlike the spanish dipstick Almunia
who caused ArseWipe to drop 2 points.:p

jw5

Loyal
Don't forget Valencia and park too!
They were talking about last Sat's match against Bolton. Park didn't play at all. I think he was being saved to match up against Ribery or Robben. (who apparently is injured and doubtful although I think he will play) Valencia was relatively quiet. I thought Vidic was United's best player on the day.

Like any other team, Man Utd also has its problems. There is too much reliance on Rooney, Fletcher and Evra, there is simply no replacement for any of these 3 at the moment. Right back is also a problem position. Neville is too slow now and Rafael is too inexperienced. Either may be exposed against a very skilful and fast left winger.

Medium term, they need to get a top class goalkeeper. Doesn't say very much when they have 3 international keepers and the best is the 39 year old. Kusczak has proven he is quite reliable but he is not top class. Foster is not even reliable, he always looks nervous when playing in big games. And Ferdinand is becoming another Ledley King, fit for one game, unfit for the next.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United's run-in games:

H v. Chelsea
Blackburn Rovers v. A
Manchester City v. A
H v. Tottenham Hotspur
Sunderland v. A
H v. Stoke City

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he had not redeemed himself with that goal last Sat, he otta be kicked for slipping up and losing his boot! Right in front of the goal mouth!!

:wink:
No credit to Berbi this morning? Thought his deft touches (in absence of Ron) was good, no?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man U should play Berba as the lone front man with Park playing just behind. Berba has played in the Bundesliga and should be familiar with the way the Germans play.Better if they rest Rooney for the home games. The more physical Germans are lining up to take him down one way or another.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at Tevez! All winning goals by Man City were scored by him! Lord Fergie shldn't have let him go. Berba is nothing in goals scored compared to Tevez.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tevez is a disruptive force in the dressing room. With Adebayor the skiver around, good luck to Mancini.

Look at Tevez! All winning goals by Man City were scored by him! Lord Fergie shldn't have let him go. Berba is nothing in goals scored compared to Tevez.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a bore! Bored to tears watching the limp display by United. Bayern should have hammered them silly.

For all football purists and fans of the beautiful game, let's hope Arsenal and Barca put up a show that is worthy of CL quarter finalists. Good riddance to rubbish football!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha return from Munich trailing 1-2 with Wayne Rooney injured ....

Same situation as when Chelsea returned from San Siro trailing Inter 1-2 .... thinking they can overturn result at home & enjoy away goal oredy...

Well, looks like Bayern Munich is MU's jinx .... apart from '99 Final, MU always has difficulties with Bayern.

Last night's injury time winning goal is Bayern's payback to MU '99 fluke triumph ... poetic justice :biggrin: !

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha return from Munich trailing 1-2 with Wayne Rooney injured ....Same situation as when Chelsea returned from San Siro trailing Inter 1-2 .... thinking they can overturn result at home & enjoy away goal oredy...
Last night's injury time winning goal is Bayern's payback to MU '99 fluke triumph ... poetic justice :biggrin: !
Not all's so cock sure on who's having last laugh on return leg. Your snigger smacks of vested interests:rolleyes:

Neville bloke couldn't out pace Riberi, and worse gave away the silly free kick which led to equaliser in 77min. Misplaced loyalty in my books

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not all's so cock sure on who's having last laugh on return leg. Your snigger smacks of vested interests:rolleyes:

Neville bloke couldn't out pace Riberi, and worse gave away the silly free kick which led to equaliser in 77min. Misplaced loyalty in my books

Yeah Lah, I Liverpool fan - but not the anti-everybuddy type.
Saw Man U people like that Wayne guy came to Liverpool thread to pee so I also post here lor .... basically supporter of English Clubs .... if Man U win I happy also, just not against Liverpool.

You are right - Neville trying very hard, too hard these days to show he is still a relevant oldie like Giggs & Scholesy but his talent not that great all along ...

Still, if I Man U fan sure bang balls, leading till 77th min - with less than 20 min left ...

Some more lose to injury time goal.... well, Liverpool has lots of such experience this season, so in the immortal words of Clinton ..... I feel your pain :biggrin: !

jw5

Loyal
What a bore! Bored to tears watching the limp display by United. Bayern should have hammered them silly.

For all football purists and fans of the beautiful game, let's hope Arsenal and Barca put up a show that is worthy of CL quarter finalists. Good riddance to rubbish football!
A very poor performance by Man Utd, especially in the second half.
The Bayern goalie hardly touched the ball in the second half.
The midfield trio of Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher were particularly poor.
Neville has lost his pace, while Vidic and Ferdinand are not as good as their manager thinks, they lose their concentration sometimes at key moments.
If Rooney is going to be out, the others had better step up.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very poor performance by Man Utd, especially in the second half.
The Bayern goalie hardly touched the ball in the second half.
The midfield trio of Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher were particularly poor.
Neville has lost his pace, while Vidic and Ferdinand are not as good as their manager thinks, they lose their concentration sometimes at key moments.
If Rooney is going to be out, the others had better step up.

Yes bro, if only I could put my hands around Neville's scrawny neck.....
I'm gutted!:mad::mad::mad:!!!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd deserved to lose, but its still only half-time,
just a 1-0 will get them through to the semis.
Speaking of piss as one Loserpool dipstick have mentioned here,:rolleyes:
Rooney's injury has me pissed off,
keeping in mind the next few games against Chelski, Bayern and Shitty.

Man Utd won't play as poorly next Wednesday at Theatre of Dreams.
They won't give away possession as freely.
They only need to win the game 1-0, something the Red Devils are capable of
EVEN if they are without Rooney.

With the crowd at Theatre of Dreams behind the team,
Sir Alex's team will give those bloody Krauts
a right good spanking next week!!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd won't play as poorly next Wednesday at Theatre of Dreams.
They won't give away possession as freely.
They only need to win the game 1-0, something the Red Devils are capable of
EVEN if they are without Rooney.
With the crowd at Theatre of Dreams behind the team,

Yeah, everything you say here, the folks at Stamford Bridge also say the same .... especially the 'we need only 1-0 win over Inter at home' part... of course, u can say they are chelski & you are United blah blah ...

For the flag of England sake, I hope an engrish club go through, but I still think Bayern has always been & will prove to be Man U's jinx AGAIN ..... that injury time goal will prove fatal ...

jw5

Loyal
Yeah, everything you say here, the folks at Stamford Bridge also say the same .... especially the 'we need only 1-0 win over Inter at home' part... of course, u can say they are chelski & you are United blah blah ...

For the flag of England sake, I hope an engrish club go through, but I still think Bayern has always been & will prove to be Man U's jinx AGAIN ..... that injury time goal will prove fatal ...
Didn't Man Utd use to be Bayern's jinx and not the other way around?