• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Berbatov is a non-factor, easily dispensible and replaceable. Messi and Rooney are on form and riding upcurve towards the World Cup. Hope they peak there and somehow there's an Argentina v. England match again.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On our vet Giggsy, hear he's on the bend with his broken arm and will be in this sun's lineup vs Pool:wink:

Giggs is an unambitious and loyal player, even though he's one of the best around at any time during his peak, sometimes even off peak he's better than many others. Had he chosen to play for England instead of Wales, he'd surely be a bigger star than Beckham.

jw5

Loyal
Chelsea's loss this morning is bad news for us. Chelsea has only the EPL and FA Cup to play for and looking at the fixtures, we may be playing Chelsea just before a Champion's league QF game.

Of the quarterfinalist so far, I'd rather meet Lyon, Bayern or CSKA Moscow.
Chelsea's loss may be bad news for Man Utd, but I'm sure it's bad news also for Chelsea themselves. They badly wanted to win.
Bayern and Lyon are both very dangerous teams. CSKA has proven that they can give Man Utd trouble in the qualifying rounds, and the team won't fancy a trip to Russia at the important time in the season.
It may be better to play Arsenal, Inter or the winner of Bordeaux and Olympiakos.
Btw, fair comment about Berbatov.

jw5

Loyal
Giggs is an unambitious and loyal player, even though he's one of the best around at any time during his peak, sometimes even off peak he's better than many others. Had he chosen to play for England instead of Wales, he'd surely be a bigger star than Beckham.
Giggs is certainly not unambitious.
He played his whole career for one of the best clubs in the world. We don't really know whether any other big club wanted to buy him, but Man Utd would not have wanted to sell anyway and why would Giggs want to go to another club and win less medals?
He had personal reasons for playing for Wales instead of England. I think Wales is his mother's side while England is his father's.
If you ask any England manager of the last 15 years, I think all of them would say that Giggs would have been their first choice left winger if he had been available to them.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chelsea's loss may be bad news for Man Utd, but I'm sure it's bad news also for Chelsea themselves. They badly wanted to win.
Bayern and Lyon are both very dangerous teams. CSKA has proven that they can give Man Utd trouble in the qualifying rounds, and the team won't fancy a trip to Russia at the important time in the season.
It may be better to play Arsenal, Inter or the winner of Bordeaux and Olympiakos.
Btw, fair comment about Berbatov.

We've played Lyon and CSKA before so we're familiar with the players and their style of play. Lyon has a few new faces though after the departure of Juninho, Ben Arfa and Benzema. They're chasing top two in the French league. As far as Bayern is concerned they were the least threatening of the big clubs and were very lucky to qualify.

We would be better off if Arsenal remains engaged in CL, as they have the easiest run to the finish line in the EPL. Hopefully, CL distraction will make things a tad more difficult for them.

Mourinho's Inter this season is definitely better than the one we met last season. They look capable of going all the way to the finals. That leaves the dark horse Bordeaux who until this morning look the most impressive of the french teams. They've got Diarra suspended for the QF but otherwise its a full strength of players going into the QF. They're in pursuit of the french league, a domestic cup and CL. That speaks volumes of their ambition and capability. Under Blanc, they were easily the most impressive in the preliminary rounds. Better for United to avoid Bordeaux given that Blanc is familiar with the way United plays.

There were 3 century of goals for 3 of United's players ( I think)-Scholes, Giggs and Rooney. If we go on a winning trot right up to the finish line for both competitions, I think it will be a record of sorts.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giggs is certainly not unambitious.
He played his whole career for one of the best clubs in the world. We don't really know whether any other big club wanted to buy him......

I think the Italians were very keen on him. Like Scholes, he did'nt try to hold the club hostage for more pay unlike many of the players today.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with barca & bordeaux winning...i think man u will have a tough opponent.

my feeling will be man u vs barca ...replay of last yr's finals.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EPL's CL coefficient's gonna drop a bit this year:-
Last 8 :-
England : 2 (was always 3 for past 3 seasons)
France : 2
Germany: 1
Spain : 1
Russia : 1
Italy : 1

Final will be Man U vs Barca in Bernabeau Stadium !

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Barcelona seems to have good records against English clubs, beating Arsenal in 2006 and Manchester United in 2009 finals. Anyway, despite a lengthy ban from mid 80s to early 90s, the English league is the only one that produced four European champion clubs (Liverpool, Manchester United, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa). Though the Spanish league produced only two (Real Madrid and Barcelona), their combined total titles are so far 12:11 versus English clubs. Italian clubs combined are also on 11 titles. In terms of reaching finals, Italian clubs are on 25 (11:14) Spanish clubs are on 21 (12:9), English clubs are on 17 (11:6).

Last edited:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see no reason for Man United
to be scared of anybody in this Fri's draw.
If you want to be the best,
you have to beat the rest.
What is this crap of praying for a easy draw.
Rooney and gang are not guniangs like Wanker's team.:biggrin:
Bring on Messi's Barcelona,
bring on Jose's Inter,
bring on those ArseWipe.
Manchester United will take on ANYBODY
and beat them when they are on form.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see no reason for Man United
to be scared of anybody in this Fri's draw.
If you want to be the best,
you have to beat the rest.
What is this crap of praying for a easy draw.
Rooney and gang are not guniangs like Wanker's team.:biggrin:
Bring on Messi's Barcelona,
bring on Jose's Inter,
bring on those ArseWipe.
Manchester United will take on ANYBODY
and beat them when they are on form.

Exactly. Classic case was Italy winning the World Cup in 1982. Cleared Argentina, Brazil and Germany to win it. When you're good enough, no one can stop you. Holland got two impressive runs but fell in the finals to hosts. In 1974, they cleared Argentina and Brazil but fell to Germany. In 1978 cleared cleared Germany and Italy but fell to Argentina.

Of course, the ultimate example was Brazil in 1970. Bulldozed over every one in the way all the way.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
with barca & bordeaux winning...i think man u will have a tough opponent.

my feeling will be man u vs barca ...replay of last yr's finals.

My guess is Man U play Lyon, Arsenal to gift wrap Fabregas and deliver to Nou Camp, Inter to entertain another Russian-CSKA Moscow and the two Bs-Bayern vs Bordeaux.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CL QF Fixture

Bayern Munich vs Man. Utd

Lyon vs Bordeaux

Arsenal vs Barcelona

Inter Milan vs CSKA Moscow
French vs French !

Repeat of CL Final 1999 !

Repeat of CL Final 2006 !

Mourhino looking forward to another CL Final !

Hor Say Leow !

jw5

Loyal
CL QF Fixture

Bayern Munich vs Man. Utd

Lyon vs Bordeaux

Arsenal vs Barcelona

Inter Milan vs CSKA Moscow
Interesting draws.
Bayern will be looking for revenge for 1999.
Arsenal will be looking for revenge for 2006.
Inter won't fancy a trip to Russia.
Both French teams will fancy their chances.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting draws.
Bayern will be looking for revenge for 1999.
Arsenal will be looking for revenge for 2006.
Inter won't fancy a trip to Russia.
Both French teams will fancy their chances.

Its a good draw for us. I think Fergie will concede the EPL chase as it will take too much out of an already weary and decimated resource. I remain hopeful they will surprise in the games against Pool and Chelsea.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
One down two to go-Chelsea and Man. City.

Fergie should give Carrick a hard kick in the butt for his poor performances of late. He gave away the ball in the penalty area that almost led to an equalizer in the dying minutes against Wolves and now with Pool. What the %#@! was he thinking?

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bolton 0 Manchester United 4

Another great performance from the Red Devils
Nani performance was exceptional,
Vidic back to his world-class standards.

Next week "Clash of the Titans" with Chelski
would be the title-decider.
It is a 2-horse race now
as ArseWipe as usual in previous season during the run-in
crash and burned last night.
Wanker will plead for 5 more years
before his geena kias will win any sliverware.:rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bolton 0 Manchester United 4

Next week "Clash of the Titans" with Chelski