• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone said on BBC the other day ...
French & German Leagues on the rise again .... quietly.
Someone sported a key statistic : 20 over French players in the Champions League last 8 ...

With the continued fall of the British Pound vis-a-vis the Euro & their high taxation system & the high levels of debt afflicting the Premier League clubs ... BPL is now 'nice to see not nice to eat', extensive cracks beneath the glamorous facade of 3 teams in CL semis for past 3 consecutive seasons ....

If BPL clubs decline, then surely England prospects will also decline ...

The English demise has begun .... :mad:

The emerging sovereign debt crisis will somewhat cushion the body blow on the English league. With Greece in the 'sick' house, we've still got Italy and Spain to be treated and I reckon they will be served with some painful and bitter pill to swallow.
Much depends on the owners of clubs and the resources at their disposal to attract and retain talent. The sight is far from pretty if you look at the headline numbers of the English Clubs.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope that blardy old fart will do away with the 4-5-1 formation for this tie. Play Berba and Macheda or Diouf upfront. Three goals will be safe but seriously I'd be happy if they score one and do not concede.

C'mOn UnItEd!!!!!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the form of Messi and Barcelona, MU is better off not beating BM. Bow out of ECL and concentrate on how to salvage whatever little chance left in EPL.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the form of Messi and Barcelona, MU is better off not beating BM. Bow out of ECL and concentrate on how to salvage whatever little chance left in EPL.

A very sensible strategy .... won't be surprised Sir Alex will agree with you in private & proceed skilfully to relieve themselves of Champions League distraction & go all out for the BPL Title ...... I know he die die want to break through the 18-title ceiling & stare down Liverpool fans by brandishing his 19th Title new record :mad: !

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

They have no chance with EPL. They have 2 home games and 3 away while Chelsea have 3 home and 2 away. Besides, Chelsea will play away to Liverpool on May 1st. Do you seriously think Pool will make an effort to win this tie?

Barcelona for all their fluid play and brilliant individuals do have weaknesses which I think any reasonable team can exploit. Moreover, its not too often that we get 'favourable' draws like this.

Our best bet is still CL and I won't be surprise if Inter beats Barca. If Barca put up a defensive performance like they did this morning, Inter will win it easily.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pray Sir Alex will start with kiko Macheda tonight,
so as to sent a message to those Krauts
RED DEVILS ARE HERE TO ATTACK!!
STOP US IF YOU CAN!!

Man Utd 3-0 Bayern Munich
and Bernabeu awaits the red devils in May.:p

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean like...

LOL, Ramseth .... good one !

Actually, Ah Wayne was ominous - at one point, Man U really was leading Bayern 3-0 .....

So, a Man U fan simply will not understand why in the end they are OUT of the semi-finals losing on away goals.

It is like it is fated to be a Greek Tragedy - from 3 English semi-finalists for 3 consecutive seasons to NONE this season.

Hate to gloat when misfortune happens but seriously ....:biggrin:

They say, kiang tio ho, mai keh kiang ....
Blessed with an early goal, at 1-0 ManU will go thru on away goals;
at 2-0, ManU has 1 goal advantage on aggregate;
at 3-0 wah! greedy, stretch to 2-goal aggregate !

End up : blame ref for red card, won 3-2 on the night only to lose on away goals...

Perhaps at Old Trafford, ManU don't have it in their genes to play negative football to lock up the game at 1-0/2-0/or 3-0.

It will be poetic justice if Fulham outdo all the rich big boys by clinching the Europa Cup come May - the biggest prize for any BPL club this season.

What a bloody strange 2009/2010 season :confused::eek::mad: !

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps at Old Trafford, ManU don't have it in their genes to play negative football to lock up the game at 1-0/2-0/or 3-0.
Wayne Piew said:
Yes, the dream is over. Prediction was spot-on until the 43rd min.Time to stop making predictions for the rest of the season
Amazing, what 1 goal difference makes. A UK pal (Spurs fan) smsed me before 43min change in fortunes, asking how's my nerves:o

Kns, that bloody softie (and grossly overpaid transfer ex Spurs) Carrick did it again by giving the ball cheaply away midfield that led to the goal. He had also did this in Pool game not so long ago. And young and naive Rafael was almost in tears after his disfavour to his team.

Still, good and valiant efforts -no shame to lose out like this. And WP, predictions are everybody's prerogative. Still have few games for your crystal ball gazing, so don't lose heart:p:wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the dream is over.:(
Prediction was spot-on until the 43rd min.
Time to stop making predictions
for the rest of the season.:o

No worry pal, life's like that, especially football.

Like I said, perhaps better this way for Manchester United, so as to concentrate on the remaining league games.

Even perhaps better this way for England in the World Cup, less risks of players injury and fatique.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
By playing a half fit Rooney, does that mean Fergie has finally given up on Berba? So what is your take?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
......Kns, that bloody softie (and grossly overpaid transfer ex Spurs) Carrick did it again by giving the ball cheaply away midfield that led to the goal. He had also did this in Pool game not so long ago. And young and naive Rafael was almost in tears after his disfavour to his team........

The fans should pelt this idiot with rotten eggs. Ferguson should share the blame as the signs were there that Carrick's form was going downhill.

Pity Rafeal. He did marvellously well until that stage.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing lasts forever. Liverpool reigned supreme from mid 70s to 1990. Manchester United reigned supreme from mid 90s so far, but looks like 2010 is the year.

Decade years (---0) are very omnimous, even outside football. Beatles broke up in 1970 and Bee Gees faded like a supersonic diving star from 1980.

jw5

Loyal
Amazing, what 1 goal difference makes. A UK pal (Spurs fan) smsed me before 43min change in fortunes, asking how's my nerves:o

Kns, that bloody softie (and grossly overpaid transfer ex Spurs) Carrick did it again by giving the ball cheaply away midfield that led to the goal. He had also did this in Pool game not so long ago. And young and naive Rafael was almost in tears after his disfavour to his team.

Still, good and valiant efforts -no shame to lose out like this. And WP, predictions are everybody's prerogative. Still have few games for your crystal ball gazing, so don't lose heart:p:wink:
Rafael is too inexperienced and Neville is too slow. The signs have been there for a long time, but Fergie just didn't see it. Putting O'Shea on after he hasn't played at all for 5 months also wasn't very clever.
I don't think Carrick is that bad a player, but he certainly isn't good enough to play the defensive midfield role he was given.
Fergie actually did well to put in Gibson, whom the Germans didn't know too much about. Butt in the Bayern goal was shocked when Gibson shot the ball past him into the goal. He thought that Gibson was going to pass the ball to Rooney.
But the team as a whole was just not good enough.

jw5

Loyal
By playing a half fit Rooney, does that mean Fergie has finally given up on Berba? So what is your take?
I don't know whether Fergie has given up, but I don't think he should.
It was quite clever to put in Rooney, because he drew attention away from Gibson and Nani who scored the first 3 goals. But the negatives of course were that Rooney got injured again, Rafael is really too inexperienced still to play at this level, Neville is too slow, Carrick is too soft to play defensive midfield, the defence is not as good as Fergie and the defenders themselves think they are.

Berbatov is a very specific type of player, someone who can only play a certain way. He is not suited for the uptempo game that Man Utd likes to play. Some people forget that he was in the Bayer Leverkusen team that knocked Man Utd out of the Champions League a few years ago. When he was at Leverkusen and at Spurs, there were times when commentators and analysts said that he put on "masterclasses" in forward play, especially when he was playing alone upfront, with his flicks, shielding of the ball, passing, knock ons, control, etc

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not a question about what players the manager should buy now. As much as a fan of SAF I am, I think the time has come to think about the next manager a.s.a.p.