• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Low ratings for local dramas

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can they bring back Fiona Xie? :o:o:o

s25u2q.jpg

Samthaikong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of all the actors I dislike most is 张耀栋 (Zhang Yao Dong). So woody in acting still get so many lead roles....

20090402_zt_zhangyaodong_AM.jpg

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mediacorp has got to wake up their ideas,all their drama is boring...the director and producer need to be shot..
They should do more hot sizzling scene in which actress like xiang yun,felicia,fann,pang lingling,zoe,ann kok,joanne..etc..hot scenes which allow the actors to slowly taking off their bra..or in the shower...dun have to really show their nipples just 1/3 of their breast will do..these actress also need to sometime without their bra wear tight polo shirts or see through shirt to show their nipples like those western dramas serials...
if the director or producer can do what i have suggest all the above he can rest assure their rating will shoot up right across the board to an all time high never seen before.:wink:

Hey, with rape scenes that are defined to be:
- Rapist puts mouth to victim's neck
- Rapist alternates his mouth left and right of the victim's neck

I think it will be hard to get what you wish for.

I stopped watching long time ago like many, due to unrealistic acting/themes and too much censorship (i.e., scenes such as violence and rape are simply too fake).

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the chief reason is the stiff restriction by that stupid Media Review committee...

any thing more than a kiss is being rapped at their half-yearly review...

and the report made a valid point - the sight of actors / actress speaking pure Mandrain is creepy...becos the dramas ought to reflect actual daily life...no one speak like that in their daily life...

bring back the dialects..it will be more realistic and closer to reality...the government should recognise by now their Speak Mandrain campaign is like a tattered kite...fighting for its life achieving no heights.

Having dialect programs will not help or harm the situation further than it is.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
the chief reason is the stiff restriction by that stupid Media Review committee...

and the report made a valid point - the sight of actors / actress speaking pure Mandrain is creepy...becos the dramas ought to reflect actual daily life...no one speak like that in their daily life...

bring back the dialects..it will be more realistic and closer to reality...the government should recognise by now their Speak Mandrain campaign is like a tattered kite...fighting for its life achieving no heights.

Indeed, I always find the issue of dialects in local tv intriguing. We can have Korean,Japanese dramas/shows in Dual Sound, and yet the HK,Taiwanese shows don't have that option. We have families that can and do speak, Cantonese, Hokkien, Teochew, Hakka, yet out local dramas never had that. I suppose once we replace all the Mediacorpses actors with PRCs this won't be a problem anymore. Probably makes the millions of FTs feel more at home watching them as well. Perhaps this is what the MIWs mean by making them feel at home. :wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must pay that $100+ so-called TV License to those suckers some more...

Ah so!...go to MDA website & read why you must pay Licences? and a warrant of arrest for you, if you continually refuse to pay up & a court order is issued for a $110 ( + $xx levy)

This MY UNIQUELY sinGAPORE!:p

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of all the actors I dislike most is 张耀栋 (Zhang Yao Dong). So woody in acting still get so many lead roles....

20090402_zt_zhangyaodong_AM.jpg

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. this crap-faced, called an actor.
3. in hk, we have tons of such faces on the set, care-le-faring!
4. of course, really can perform too.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This fellow looks more like a hawker selling chicken rice than actor...

This is why SG never reached HK standard..

Look more like those you see hanging around the coffee shops in small groups, either with racing times in their hands...:wink:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
everyday 1900hrs, the whole of sinkieland is blaring the new national anthem.
<object width="400" height="325"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KuZ-JB8Cqs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KuZ-JB8Cqs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="325"></embed></object>
its very obvious that foreign drama series interest the local viewers more. otherwise, its indicative that foreigners r supporting their national productions.

if not, y would they choose to air the pinoy drama series on channel 5 too?

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal

And what is more stupid is that if you are willing to PAY, you can still watch dialect programmes on TV...

So it's like the gahmen is saying: "Dialects on TV are BAD... but only if you can't afford pay TV!" :confused:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i miss those days when jap drama are the hottest. under one roof... etc and etc
yes jap drama. ok i still rmb, GTO, beach boys, 101 love.:p
ok i know is Jpop idol dream.

but now i tink is Kpop drama liao. Jpop outdated at the moment.:o

Mediacorpse also acting on govt orders la. only put up wat the govt wan.

very sucky shows.

one more cant act, Jeanette Aw. motionless acting.
but many ppl like?:confused:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I rent DVD or download movie from internet. None of them are from Singapore source. I feel like throwing away my TV set at home.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rent DVD or download movie from internet. None of them are from Singapore source. I feel like throwing away my TV set at home.

Hook up your computer to the TV and watch it through it loh. Like this no need throw away the TV liao lah.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see it as their own doing. They chose to live like a frog in a well by creating STAR AWARD yearly to deceive and self-reward themselves with the honour they think they should be getting. The well creates a comfort zone full of self-praise and false illusions, totally sheltered from the harsh reality out there. The result we see today is the manifestation of the mentality and "fall-sight" of the management. I think they decide to play it in their own small league of no competition. Like that, it will be too much of us to ask of them to be good or improve. We can't force a horse to drink water if it doesn't want to. We will go for other horses.

Wait a minute, I thought you are describing the PAP!

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've not watch a single TCS/Mediacock drama since 1992! Simply can't make it!

this was the last drama i made a serious effort to watch/catch. Whenever i missed it, there was a streaming website from TCS website back then.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYIrpZIdp9Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYIrpZIdp9Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Anything else after this, i have no idea :confused:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
With only shouting and brawling, there is nothing new. Further more, the serials are also propagenda machine for Garment. I remember there is this serial about Union which coincide with garment's push for union.

It really disgust me when the purpose of Garment doing so is wayang only. We all know that Unions is just another means of Garment trying to control the people, not the other way round. the SIA pilots is a good example.