• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please Guess? No Talent Mediacorpse Actor Auditioned for Netflix Drama Featuring Michelle Yeoh, asked to F Off!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tay Ping Hui auditioned for Netflix's The Brothers Sun but didn't get it, remains open to acting in a Mediacorp show if plot and role are interesting​

The Singapore actor also said he is looking forward to opportunities to act in western movies and shows.​

Bryan Lim
Bryan Lim
·Contributor
Wed, 13 March 2024 at 2:34 pm SGT

Singapore actor Tay Ping Hui reveals he auditioned for Netflix's The Brothers Sun. PHOTO: Instagram/taypinghui

Singapore actor Tay Ping Hui reveals he auditioned for Netflix's The Brothers Sun. PHOTO: Instagram/taypinghui
Netflix’s short-lived drama The Brothers Sun could have featured a familiar face for Singaporeans, aside from Michelle Yeoh.
Speaking to Lianhe Zaobao, 53-year-old Tay Ping Hui revealed that he auditioned for the Netflix drama but didn’t get the role. However, the Singaporean actor is still looking forward to opportunities to act in western movies and shows.
He said, “I like to challenge myself. If I have the opportunity, I want to experience it, learn it, and understand how filming is done in western countries.”
Tay pointed out that he recently watched the live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and there were a lot of Asian American actors in it.
He also observed that there have been more Asian American actors, and Asian content, featured in Hollywood and on other western media platforms.
“I think this is a good development direction for the market,” he noted.

Now a ‘free man’

Tay also chose not to renew his contract with GHY Culture & Media when it expired at the end of February, marking the end of a five-year relationship with them.
He announced his decision on Instagram on Tuesday (12 March), writing, “It has been a great time with GHY for the past 5 years. But now it is time to move on and do the things that I want to do, pick projects that I am passionate about and work with people that I want to work with.

“Freedom can be a little intimidating, but it is extremely liberating. I look forward to an exciting future ahead!”
On making the decision to part ways, Tay told the Chinese daily that he felt “the time has come” as he was described as someone who has never been content with the status quo.
He recalled, “For example, when I was at Mediacorp, I also thought it would be great if I could go abroad to shoot some TV series, and experience different production methods. Looking back, I have really been to a lot of places to film, such as Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia. When you go to different places, you will see the working methods of different crews."
Tay also refuses to be the proverbial frog in the well, and believes that actors and directors should go out and see the world. He admitted that he feels a “sense of danger” by stepping out of his comfort zone, but it’s a good thing.
Though he didn’t renew his contract, it doesn’t mean he won’t be open to opportunities with GHY Culture & Media. He has spoken with Guo Jingu, GHY's executive chairman and group CEO, and if there are suitable roles, they will “still invite me to participate”.
What about something working closer to home, like Mediacorp, which he left in 2018?
He said, “If there is a suitable role (and Mediacorp invites me), and the plot and roles are interesting, why not?”

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one motherfuvker who has been stealing a living and his marriage to an NUS lecturer. Goes around thinking he’s God’s gift to mankind. Fuck off

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don’t understand the hype about this man. He’s hardly handsome. He’s old. He’s not that great in acting. What’s his strength?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is one motherfuvker who has been stealing a living and his marriage to an NUS lecturer. Goes around thinking he’s God’s gift to mankind. Fuck off

He made good money acting as a tough guy in chink tv drama shows.

leap-1.jpg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought he was going to join the PAP? Kena rejected? :unsure:
When you are Media Corp actor or actress, you've already signed an unspoken contract to be PAPPY mouthpiece without joining. Otherwise you get fired by your master immediately.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don’t understand the hype about this man. He’s hardly handsome. He’s old. He’s not that great in acting. What’s his strength?
You must drive an Audi first to understand lah. He is Audi's brand ambassador. Very soon, he will become Audemars Piguet's brand ambassador.

16640_1_l.jpg