• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subway is opening a outlet in Bukit Indah AEON.

Just outside the Jusco Ground Floor Cashiers.

I think they took over the space that used to sell kopi toast.

hope it fares better than BreadTalk....dont know who taking over the space vacated by BreadTalk...

cheers.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I called, they told me to go to their web to check n see, went to web too, so many n location map not too clear.

Have to visit their show village/office to find out details. alternatively can go their habourfront office to enquire though they still need to call bukit indah office also..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check your loan document. It is indicated in mine.

Anyway, it is good to have an insurance to cover potential risks. Imagine whole house got burnt down. Where got money to rebuild? When that happens, want to cry also got no tears.
Think the insurrance is for the loan amount, similar to the HPS scheme for CPF.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its not compulsory anymore. I took 90% loan btw on 30yr tenure. Of course planng to clear the loan asap. Targetg 10yrs. Dun wan d bank to eat my hard earned money.

Took 10 yr loan.. hope to clear by 6 yrs.. (probably earlier than my HDB)

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
News of the EDL Toll x 2 ways may be the Killer Of Singaporean interest in JB Home. Otherwise JB seem to be the best option for S'porean getting a good value Condo or Landed. I signed S & P for Horizon Residence as weekend Home before the News in Dec 2011.
Hopefully they reverse the decision
Assuming a young person @ 25 to 30 yrs of age . They may have not enough money to buy a pte condo , cannot buy BTO , cannot buy resale HDB. Option 1) save the small amount of money they have until 35yrs and buy resale HDB , have to stay with parents / rent a house . Option 2) Buy a basic house in JB for 500K ringit , while they wait / save for next 5 to 10 yrs to buy their first house in Singapore . Not forgeting that your JB house might fetch a significant amount of money then , enough to pay for a big chunk of your HDB .
Dont you think option 2 make sense ?

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just received a summon from SPF. 12 pt demerit.. S$200 compounded for driving through red traffic light which I really don't know if i did that. I really appreciate Malaysia TP which I can settle on the spot. In Singapore I don't even know if I did the offence and yet the demerit point is quite serious.. As if drunk driving... In Singapore committed a big crime like what TT durai did is much " value for money" than small little offence here and there..

Think about it, what if our loved one is being knock down by a car beating red light or by a drunk driver. For this I support SG gov for the demerit point system. Drive safely bro.

Sg_JB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for anyone's interest. Got flyer to share - Bandar Dato Onn New show house opening on Saturday. Looks like prices are reasonable here.

DatoOnnOpenHouse.jpg
DatoOnn1.jpg

News of the EDL Toll x 2 ways may be the Killer Of Singaporean interest in JB Home. Otherwise JB seem to be the best option for S'porean getting a good value Condo or Landed. I signed S & P for Horizon Residence as weekend Home before the News in Dec 2011.
Hopefully they reverse the decision

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to visit 1Medini showflat. The block launched in Jan 12 (over 300 units) is almost fully sold, with a few units left. Some Japanese buyers bought over 80 units. Understand the other block will be launched soon (looks symmetrical, should be another over 300 units).

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to visit 1Medini showflat. The block launched in Jan 12 (over 300 units) is almost fully sold, with a few units left. Some Japanese buyers bought over 80 units. Understand the other block will be launched soon (looks symmetrical, should be another over 300 units).

Bro , understand that Medini is 99 yrs only ? Price is very expensive too , what is the indicative price they give you ?

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro , understand that Medini is 99 yrs only ? Price is very expensive too , what is the indicative price they give you ?

Wow Japanese bought over 80 units. Living within a Japanese community will be super Great.
The Japanese are very nice culture pples. Should consider Medini seriously.:*:

aperfectcircle0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bros,

This is my 1st post and it is a post to seek help and advice from those who bought sub sale unit in Horizon Hills.

Here is my nightmare experience so far:

mid dec
- lady P who works for developer informed me there is a subsale terrace unit available @ the golf
- seller's asking prize 600k (based on valuation)
- my wife loved it, the only stumbling block was no price negotiation allowed, P said must follow valuation and i cannot view valuation report
- P also said no need to pay agent's fee, not entitled to house warranty and club membership
- P said I must choose lawyer assigned by them and she will recommend me the best and most reliable one
- Family crisis back in s'pore pushed us to sell s'pore home and commit to jb house as we need a temporary and weekend home anyways
- P instructed me to cut S$5k cheque directly to seller, instead of law firm
- P said the whole process take 3-4mths and I can expect to collect keys in Feb
- I reminded P although i expected slight delay in collecting keys, my family cannot wait longer than March
- Lawyer did not show up yet

end dec
- turns out P only submitted my loan application to standard chartered bank, which gave me a lower loan 75%
- after chasing P, she gave me other bank contacts to resubmit loan application to HSBC, Allianz, UOB, which took up a few more weeks
- lawyer did not show up yet

jan
- loan with uob approved 85% which i accepted
- however, valuation is 580k not 600k stated by P
- seller issued warning to my lawyer that if SPA still not signed he will forfeit my 5k deposit, he is getting anxious just like me
- lawyer's assistant finally emerged and emailed to seller and cc to me
- apparently, the lawyer still on holiday and only back on 8 Feb, must wait for his return to sign SPA
- i issued warning that SPA cannot miss deadline, demanded for a copy for review, no reply from law firm
- i am getting agitated and contemplating changing lawyers, also threatened to seek damages if i cannot move in by Mar

Feb
- seller knew i need to move in Mar, offered to rent empty shell home to me @ RM1500 (instead of market rate RM1800)
- i began to feel uneasy about the deal and confronted P who replied "seller is her rightful customer, she has nothing to gain from me, i should appreciate her help"
- lawyer finally came back from holiday, i spoke to him for the first time since he took up my case in dec
- he sounded incoherent over the phone and said seller requested a few amendments so he need time to amend for seller's lawyer
- he could not answer me when i ask why he never respond to my email, why simple amendment took so long to complete?
- he never ask me whether I wish to state any special conditions to seller, I am fully convinced he was never acting in my interests
- he also replied tersely "dont push the blame to me"
- i took the signal and axed the lawyer immediately, fortunately through UOB banker I found a reliable panel lawyer who arranged for a meeting with his team next Mon

Questions:

a. can i take action against P or the axed lawyer for costs incurred due to late move in (ie. rental of temporary home, misrepresenting valuation price)
b. uob banker say i must pay for the valuation report, is this the norm?
c. what special conditions should i state to further protect my interests in the SPA?
d. In dec, seller verbally agreed to allow me early move in for reno before completion, but now change tune and want me to pay rent upon hearing my circumstances, is this fair?
e if seller disagree, the deal goes south or he refuse to extend deadline for SPA and forfeit my 5k, can i sue him or the axed lawyer for the forfeited cash?
f. anyone faced similar frustrations before in sub sale deals, any stories to share here?

Many thanks in advance.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found this article in Malaysia Newpaper today. Very different sentiment/outlook compare to Singapore.

KUALA LUMPUR: The property market is expected to see 10 per cent growth in transaction value this year from over RM40 billion last year, according to property consultant CH William Talhar & Wong Sdn Bhd.

Managing director Foo Gee Jen said the growth is slightly lower compared to 11 per cent last year, adding the appreciation in market value is mainly driven by cost rather than demand.

"The higher land value, shortage of labour and rise in building material prices rather than buyers' demand prompted our forecast value," he said.

He said the property market would stay buoyant on the back of the strong housing property segment, with the growth mainly contributed by demand from the young population.

Speaking at a media briefing on the outlook for the property sector today, he said office rentals would remain stagnant or decline for older buildings but there would be higher asking rentals for newly completed buildings with green certification and Multimedia Super Corridor status.

With over 0.74 million sq m of new office space expected to enter the market this year, there will be a very competitive office leasing environment, he said.

"Hence, older buildings will face pressure from declining occupancies as tenants seek newer, better quality offices," he added.

For the condominium sector, Foo said luxury condominiums could face the threat of oversupply in the future. On new non-landed developments, he said a total of 13,716 units in 47 developments are currently under construction, with about 2,900 units to be completed this year.

"With the average occupancy rate at 68 per cent, this gives some pressure on the developers, whose current focus is more on smaller and more affordable unit sizes of 46.5 to 93.0 sq m," he said.

Selling prices range from RM9,136 to RM21,520 per sq m in the KLCC area, and RM7,532 to RM10,760 per sq m in the Mont' Kiara/Sri Hartamas and Kenny Hills areas, he added.

However, he said, sales of new housing developments are expected to be sustained this year due to the low interest and unemployment rates and attractive financing packages.

He said the take-up rate will be maintained at last year's rate, with the House Price Index at 11.4 per cent for Kuala Lumpur and 9.6 per cent for Selangor.

"Last year, the landed residential sector showed strong movement on the supply side while demand was correspondingly positive, with most new launches recording high sales rates of between 60 and 70 per cent," he added. - BERNAMA

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone has any idea who is developing what here?? All along, I thought we are talking about the theme parks (Legoland, Hello Kitty and etc.) over here but when I look at the location, it is out towards Marlborough school.

International Destination Resort

The International Destination Resort is envisioned to be a complete destination resort anchored by international brand theme parks and other themed attractions. The International Destination Resort in Nusajaya will feature theme parks, water parks, 5-star hotels, resorts, prime real estate, golf courses, upmarket retail centres, restaurant districts and a marina.

The International Destination Resort at Nusajaya aims to be different from other Southeast and East Asian regional theme parks through state-of-the-art design, content and attractions. Due to its proximity to Singapore, it is also designed to complement Singapore’s Integrated Resorts by offering a world-class destination resort located in a lush tropical setting 13.8 times the size of the combined integrated resorts in Singapore. The International Destination Resort is easily accessible from Singapore, being approximately 40 km or just a half hour drive from downtown Singapore and 25 km from Johor Bahru city centre

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Crystal and Teck for the welcome and offer for assistance!

I didn't expect my post to appear so soon.

This investment will help fund my retirement some 20 - 30 years down the road. I did a simple calculation and if I am able to amass say a portfolio of about SGD 750,000 worth of assets in today's dollar, I would be able to live off the rent/interest (@ 7%) for the rest of my life and still have something to leave behind for my children. So I guess my time horizon is pretty long.

As for my thoughts on the IM, I foresee a day when Singapore will become the place to work but not very ideal for living. IM may just become the new suburb for Singaporeans. Don't be mistaken, I love my country and what makes it unique but sometimes I just get very perturbed over the number of FTs and how our lower wage workers have to compete with them.

Anyway, am hoping to do a quick survey of IM tomorrow to get a feel of the various properties that has been mentioned here. Just a thought, how about a Google map listing all the property developments in IM?

Yes bro...if u consider a retiree with little or no risk appetite and just wanting to put the money in the bank....SGD 1 million today will garner him about $800 per month in terms of interest. Just enough for basic survival in SG today.

On the other hand, RM 1 million will generate close to RM3,000 in interest per month at around 3.5% p.a. Assuming house fully paid and car fully paid, i think can survive much better in JB than SG...just based on interest alone without even touching principal. So bro..dont need SGD750K,...400K suffice. haha.

In SG today, the low interest rates forces many retirees to take on greater risk in search of higher returns - sad state of affairs where interest earned from FD cant even cover inflation. In Malaysia, Bank Negara have the decency to set a base rate to at least allow people to earn something from their hard earned cash.

cheers.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi horizonhill,

Ahmm,.. We are not allow to fire fireworks, the last two years we fire the big ones ( those used during national day) immediately the patrol cars came with their siren lights on. Telling us that we are not allow to do that, but on e they are gone , we did it again n again. They stationed one gurkha at my gate! Another year they told us,"not so loud, not so loud". This year I was not there, but My bro did fire some at my mum's place. Am envious that at HH they r allow to. Mayb I should rent my place out n buy one unit at HH to join in the fun!

haha i was enjoying the fireworks at my friend's house when the guards came, they told us they will help us keep a look out and asked us to fire in intervals so as not to attract the authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.