• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jollibee To Start Operations In Singapore

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I made the posting on the assumption that a significant proportion of filipinos in Singapore are on S pass or EP Q pass. Assuming $6 to $8 per meal, this would be a significant premium to what it would cost to eat Jolibee in the PI. Also in the mind of many filipinos, Jolibee is a "cheap" filipino fast food. I cannot imagine them willing to pay large premiums to eat it in Singapore.

I am somewhat surprise at you bro as most of your posts are sensible. I thought you would have done a bit of research before posting. Now what makes you think there are only Filipina maids in Singapore and they cannot afford to eat at Jollibee?

menu_price_list.jpg

mcdonaldsfood.png

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I made the posting on the assumption that a significant proportion of filipinos in Singapore are on S pass or EP Q pass. Assuming $6 to $8 per meal, this would be a significant premium to what it would cost to eat Jolibee in the PI. Also in the mind of many filipinos, Jolibee is a "cheap" filipino fast food. I cannot imagine them willing to pay large premiums to eat it in Singapore.

Nope Mac and Jollibee are not considered cheap in the Philippines. They are popular but still affordable to most Filipinos. If you have not been there long enough you may not know their lifestyle and see how crowded these fast food joint are. I can assure you they are not "cheap" even in Philippines. I posted the prices for you to see how "cheap" they really are. I am not exactly sure these are the current prices but if the prices for the same meals in Singapore is 50% higher, I am sure it is fine for them.

I don't frequent MacDonald's so I am not sure whether one can see many Filipinos eating there, but I have no doubt there are lots of them. I will make it a point to step inside one weekend to see for myself.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its not cheap when u consider their minimum wage is about 300p or 350p per day for about 12 hrs work,,,and that is the 200P is nearly 5 bucks sing,,,,i would not want to spend this sort of money in a 3rd world country fast food joint...

Nope Mac and Jollibee are not considered cheap in the Philippines. They are popular but still affordable to most Filipinos. If you have not been there long enough you may not know their lifestyle and see how crowded these fast food joint are. I can assure you they are not "cheap" even in Philippines. I posted the prices for you to see how "cheap" they really are. I am not exactly sure these are the current prices but if the prices for the same meals in Singapore is 50% higher, I am sure it is fine for them.

I don't frequent MacDonald's so I am not sure whether one can see many Filipinos eating there, but I have no doubt there are lots of them. I will make it a point to step inside one weekend to see for myself.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow pinoy foods moving to singapore. Hey i'm sure that's fine with you guys afterall they aren't chinese right?

I mean if let's say jollibee was a china franchise the anti chinese crowd who should be chinese themselves would be angry at it for no reason other than it being a chinese franchise. Anyway it seems that jollibee was started by a chinese person.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Burritos is a Mexican wrap, somewhat similar to our popiah, cept with thicker corn(?)-based skin which you can hold with your fingers. It comes with three grades (of spiciness) of salsa (sauce). I like the hot one. You pour the sauce into one end of the wrap, and then chow down on it. Inside is egg, some ground beef, and fresh veggies. It is the whole combo that I like. For breakfast, it comes in two rolls plus coffee.

Cheers!

the burritos made in fast food places are smaller and have fewer veggies compared to those made by mexican restaurants. I ate the ones not from fast food joints and they were fucking huge and tons of veggies inside them. Needless to say burritoes are famous for giving ppl the runs.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
....................Needless to say burritoes are famous for giving ppl the runs.

Haha, that's because Mehican food is loaded with beans. Makes ya fart crazy. But not so Mac's breakfast burritoes, it got a decent shaare of eggs and ground beef.

Ya that's right. Mehican restaurant burritoes (like those at Chi Chis) are humongous.

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha, that's because Mehican food is loaded with beans. Makes ya fart crazy. But not so Mac's breakfast burritoes, it got a decent shaare of eggs and ground beef.

Ya that's right. Mehican restaurant burritoes (like those at Chi Chis) are humongous.

Cheers!

If you want to put it in context you can say fast food burritos aren't as good as the authentic mexican food obviously like how kfc isn't as good as the chicken cutlet from the hawker stall i suppose.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to put it in context you can say fast food burritos aren't as good as the authentic mexican food obviously like how kfc isn't as good as the chicken cutlet from the hawker stall i suppose.

Actually I've only eaten Mehican food once - at a classmate's birthday at Chi Chi's. So I don't know any about their cuisine, cept that I was told when ya go to a Mex rest, order the cheapest cos when ya mix is up, its all the same. Anyway, MacDonald's isn't Mex food is it? And neither is Taco Bell.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are plenty of Pinoy PMETs in SG now. Doctors, dentists, engineers, designers, legal counsels etc.

They're no longer just call center monkeys and maids now.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

a typical burrito del grande has rice, beans, cheese, salsa, and a choice of beef, chicken, or pulled pork. the combo has all 3 kinds of meat. 1 burrito can take care of brunch and dinner. but for hungry fat americans, 1 is not enough, and they need to supplement the meal with chips, salsa and a super-sized soda. in a true blue mexican joint, i prefer to gulp it down with an horchata.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are plenty of Pinoy PMETs in SG now. Doctors, dentists, engineers, designers, legal counsels etc.

They're no longer just call center monkeys and maids now.

What I have been saying earlier. Apparently many Singaporeans has the perception that only Filipino maids and factory workers are here in numbers. There are many working here as architects and in various other fields as well.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
read somewhere :

first Singapore eatery opens next Tuesday, March 12, on the sixth floor of Lucky Plaza.