• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jollibee To Start Operations In Singapore

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Manila I have gone to both eateries and Jollibee beats MacDonald's hands down. Jollibee also serves rice with fried chicken. In Indonesia MacDonald's do serve rice too but not here.

they started in the bay area a couple of years ago, and they're constantly packed! usually, a cake or confectionery store is adjunct to the fast food store. they need sugar. even pinoy beer is sweet. :p

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they started in the bay area a couple of years ago, and they're constantly packed! usually, a cake or confectionery store is adjunct to the fast food store. they need sugar. even pinoy beer is sweet. :p

It is normal for Pinoys to love anything that is American but in the case of Jollibee local appears to be better which is unusual to say the least.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do we need another FAST FOOD RESTAURANT?? a Filipino one??

There is sustainable demand now due to demographic changes on the island.

It's also why you see this popping up everywhere:

192322_1892267437512_1566320322_2613332_7778990_n.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is normal for Pinoys to love anything that is American but in the case of Jollibee local appears to be better which is unusual to say the least.

what i meant was they opened stores in california not too long ago, but jollibee is founded in the philippines. the other pinoy joint popular in the bay area is goldilocks. max's serves the best pinoy fried chicken, according to bay area residents. they just opened a max's in milpitas a year ago. taking business away from jollibee, but both are still packed. too many flips here. :eek:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinoy's food stresses the stomach after a while. They love their pork fats. On the other hand, Jollibee fried chickens - at least the ones I tasted in Philippines - are better tasting than KFC. Had them for lunch often.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what i meant was they opened stores in california not too long ago, but jollibee is founded in the philippines. the other pinoy joint popular in the bay area is goldilocks. max's serves the best pinoy fried chicken, according to bay area residents. they just opened a max's in milpitas a year ago. taking business away from jollibee, but both are still packed. too many flips here. :eek:

Yes I remember Max but cannot recall their food. Goldilocks is too sweet compared to Red Ribbon. I flew to LA once from Manila on a PAL flight. Almost all passengers were Filipinos and many of them were dressed as if they were taking a bus in Manila, some in slippers even.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is this a chain? never tried this. Normally i go for the tofu/egg soup when i do Korean.

top secret. the recipe is based on spicy sweet korean sauce. very crunchy outside, tender and juicy inside. the fat on the chicken skin is reduced due to the cooking technique. not very well known in the u.s. but can kill all competition, including wingstop. wingstop, btw, is my favorite american wing place. well done lemon pepper and mild spicy are the best combo. this korean joint has only 1 restaurant in the bay area, and it serves only fried chicken with kimchi coleslaw. no bulgogi, no bibimbob, no tofu soup. if we open a franchise in sg, we can add other stuff, such as curry chapjae. :eek:

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
what are we waiting for then?...Hurry lets organise the franchise...and get BosSam to advertise on the net for us.

Mr Abrasive Leong will ensure we lose the customers and our pants.

. this korean joint has only 1 restaurant in the bay area, and it serves only fried chicken with kimchi coleslaw. no bulgogi, no bibimbob, no tofu soup. if we open a franchise in sg, we can add other stuff, such as curry chapjae. :eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let not the country of origin blind us to the fact that everything American is not the best. Singaporean brands like Old Chang Kee has outlets in Philippines and I believe a few well-known Singapore food stalls(selling chicken and duck rice) already in Jakarta. Zouk is also in KL Bt Bintang.

I am just stating the obvious, another Filipino ?? it is obviously aiming at the large Pinoy/Pinay population here, who will defintely support JOLLIBEE for it is well known back home...if it will to occupy the entire floor of Lucky Plaza..don't think it will be enough especially Saturday/Sunday/ Public Holiday..hmmmm

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is sustainable demand now due to demographic changes on the island.

It's also why you see this popping up everywhere:

I actually know how to cook a simplified version of their Tinola Manook & Adobo, whatever chicken pork...based on the recipe found on the Internet, certain ingredients I substitute, can't find..have tested it on some Filipinos...taste authentic..for their food is easy to cook than Thai.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jollibee founder is Tony Tan? Whahahahahaha, should us our president to be the mascot, can fight with Colonel Sanders. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone pls bring in Chow King as well, and Greenwich piza.
let there be tense competition here for us.