• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jollibee To Start Operations In Singapore

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why doesn't McDonald's sell their Burrito Breakfast in Sg? Its the only thing decent in their entire menu.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is this breakfast about?

Burritos is a Mexican wrap, somewhat similar to our popiah, cept with thicker corn(?)-based skin which you can hold with your fingers. It comes with three grades (of spiciness) of salsa (sauce). I like the hot one. You pour the sauce into one end of the wrap, and then chow down on it. Inside is egg, some ground beef, and fresh veggies. It is the whole combo that I like. For breakfast, it comes in two rolls plus coffee.

Cheers!

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I actually know how to cook a simplified version of their Tinola Manook & Adobo, whatever chicken pork...based on the recipe found on the Internet, certain ingredients I substitute, can't find..have tested it on some Filipinos...taste authentic..for their food is easy to cook than Thai.

I think it is called Tinolang Manook which is a very healthy dish. I eat that with sambal belacan real shiok.:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it is called Tinolang Manook which is a very healthy dish. I eat that with sambal belacan real shiok.:biggrin:

Something lost in the spelling..you sure it taste good with Sambal belachan, I substitute the green papaya with what's the name I forgot veg I find in the market & substitute sili leaves ( chilli leaves) with green chilli(s) , I don't trust the plants grown in downstairs "garden". It is actually giner chicken with green papayas & chilli leaves for the "kick" I guess!. Mine pass the test...I let some pinoy/pinay to taste!!

Anyway, one will notice that, their food are things that come from the land & can be grown from the land, like mangoes, papayas, just to name a few, chicken, duck...and carabao meat!! if possible...milk fish etc.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Something lost in the spelling..you sure it taste good with Sambal belachan, I substitute the green papaya with what's the name I forgot veg I find in the market & substitute sili leaves ( chilli leaves) with green chilli(s) , I don't trust the plants grown in downstairs "garden". It is actually giner chicken with green papayas & chilli leaves for the "kick" I guess!. Mine pass the test...I let some pinoy/pinay to taste!!

Anyway, one will notice that, their food are things that come from the land & can be grown from the land, like mangoes, papayas, just to name a few, chicken, duck...and carabao meat!! if possible...milk fish etc.

Ours we cook with sayote(vegetable pear), chilie leaves and chicken.
fruits-vegatables-032-225x168.jpg

Yes boneless bangus is a great dish too. I love eating the stomach, real lemak!:biggrin:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
This will most likely fail like Taco Bell, Hardees and A&W.

Majority of Singaporeans won't eat it. Kids in Singapore will pay good money to eat hip and "atas" sounding burgers. Unlikely they will be converted to regularly eat what is widely perceived as "low class" Pinoy fast food.

The large pinoy community would form a natural market. It should however be noted that while their numbers are large, most of them are low wage earners in Singaore. Given the high cost of rentals and manpower, Jolibee would have to charge Singapore prices for what is essentially "cheap" food in the PI. While they might eat it once in a while, it is unlikely that they will eat it regularly.

Jennie Chua, a well-known Singaporean hotelier who spent the past four decades developing some of Asia’s best-known hotels such as the fabled Raffles Hotel she once helmed, is now redirecting her energy to help another iconic Asian brand, Jollibee Foods, establishing a foothold in Singapore.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ours we cook with sayote(vegetable pear), chilie leaves and chicken.
Yes boneless bangus is a great dish too. I love eating the stomach, real lemak!:biggrin:

Yes Sayote...I was searching my brain for it..the ah neh eats them too, I forgot the name for them...substitute for green papaya...now I found a vegetable stall that sells green papayas...yahh!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's good to have more choices.....

Yes! & MacDonald these days do not have value for money...not like in the past & Burger Kind is no better...the fact is most of the Burger joints here are almost tasting the same..like they get their supplies from the same source. Whereas in the past, A&W taste like A&W, MACD..Burger King & so forth.

Jollibee would be a breath of fresh air...

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes! & MacDonald these days do not have value for money...not like in the past & Burger Kind is no better...the fact is most of the Burger joints here are almost tasting the same..like they get their supplies from the same source. Whereas in the past, A&W taste like A&W, MACD..Burger King & so forth.

Jollibee would be a breath of fresh air...

Yesterday while waiting for someone near a Mac outlet, I have the urge for my favourite ice cream sundae. It now cost $1.50 and I got about 1/2 a cup instead of the usual 3/4. I felt cheated.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This will most likely fail like Taco Bell, Hardees and A&W.

Majority of Singaporeans won't eat it. Kids in Singapore will pay good money to eat hip and "atas" sounding burgers. Unlikely they will be converted to regularly eat what is widely perceived as "low class" Pinoy fast food.

The large pinoy community would form a natural market. It should however be noted that while their numbers are large, most of them are low wage earners in Singaore. Given the high cost of rentals and manpower, Jolibee would have to charge Singapore prices for what is essentially "cheap" food in the PI. While they might eat it once in a while, it is unlikely that they will eat it regularly.

I am somewhat surprise at you bro as most of your posts are sensible. I thought you would have done a bit of research before posting. Now what makes you think there are only Filipina maids in Singapore and they cannot afford to eat at Jollibee?

menu_price_list.jpg

mcdonaldsfood.png

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Didn't know there is so much interest in a fast food chain from Pinoy. Surprising.

http://misc.meltwaternews.com/sph_view.php?view=1486

"..................Has she ever considered remarrying? "There was never an overwhelming opportunity. There were people I liked but never an 'Oh my god, what am I going to do with this' scenario," she says, with a laugh. But 14 years ago, Joseph - a Filipino businessman who was her former dance instructor - entered her life. They have been together since in a happy relationship.

From the start, she decided their relationship would be an open book with her children, family, friends and employers.

"There's nothing to it. You realise what you want and need and you go for it with your head held high and be completely transparent about it," says Ms Chua who has five grandchildren, aged between three-and-a-half months and 10 years old.

"You cannot be ashamed of it because if you were, you would only create hardship for yourself, your relationship and your family."

The avid reader also intends to carve out a lot of "me time" from now on.

"I love cruises. When you sail among the great fjords and icebergs, you are overwhelmed by something very potent and powerful," she says.

"You begin to know your place in the world: in history, in the time of man, your place is very minute. You ask yourself if you have lived a good life."

"And you tell yourself you really shouldn't be sweating the small stuff."