• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng Challenge Yaw Shin Leong to contest in Tampines

silentisgolden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaw Shin Leong & a team of WP activists are conducting their first post GE2011 public outreach at Tampines GRC. Concurrently another WP team is at East Coast GRC.

Last edited:

silentisgolden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear MR Yaw,

Welcome to Tampines! Hope you would be leading the team personally to contest in Tampines during the next GE!<abbr title="Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 11:43am" data-date="Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:43:27 -0800" class="timestamp livetimestamp">6 hours ago</abbr> ·

http://www.facebook.com/yawshinleong

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal

382918_197209567026340_115316645215633_413698_1591905363_n.jpg

YIPPEEE....FINALLY tampines residents got hope liao....cant' wait for WP to walk the ground at my neightbourhood......OLE OLE OLE OLE!!!!...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:..

GMS CAN GO FUCK DOG!!! :mad: :oIo:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear MR Yaw,

Welcome to Tampines! Hope you would be leading the team personally to contest in Tampines during the next GE!<abbr title="Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 11:43am" data-date="Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:43:27 -0800" class="timestamp livetimestamp">6 hours ago</abbr> ·

http://www.facebook.com/yawshinleong

KNN, fatass GMS stay in Tampines meh? Welcome kee lan arh? KNN becos of him tampines residents has to suffer for another five more years....KNNBPCB GMS :oIo:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If WP contest in Tampines there is a higher chance of winning as compared to NSP. I feel that NSP is a let down during the last election as many have felt that NSP was not around. NSP basically give the nut Mah Bow Tan a free ride in his election win. Singaporeans cant afford another NSP no show again.

The only NSP candidate that did well was Nicole. Maybe WP and NSP can send a combine team for Marine Parade however I doubt that will work as WP is quite strict and disciplined.

Maybe NSP can concentrate on the West. Leave Marine Parade, East Coast and Tampinese to WP. at least there is a higher chance of winning and denying PAP the 2/3 majority.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is strange that the thread starter actually thinks that my comment is a "Challenge" to Mr. Yaw! :wink:

Well, I guess different people will have different perception towards such simple words.

But I truly mean it. WP should not repeat what it did last GE, elbows its way into Moulmein Kallang and even risking a 3 corner fight but in the end, send in a team which up till now, hardly anybody know who they are (well, maybe with exception of Rahizan).

Moulmein Kallang, as a 4 seat GRC, is vulnerable to fall, especially so when Yaacob who has failed in controlling the floods and Lui TY who is not that popular. I am confident that if NSP Tony and Hazel led a team to MK, they could at least perform much better or even has the chance of winning. Basically it means that WP has basically saved Yaacob and preventing other opposition party NSP of putting up a better performance.

Understandably, that is for WP's "party interests" but such narrow consideration is actually not helpful to the greater aim of enhancing democratic development in Singapore. It is regrettable that such party interests are not in line with the overall National interest of faster political democratic development.

I have stated prior to GE that if WP is to put up their top team to contest in MK, I would have gladly concede to them MK without any grudges and with all blessings. But I am truly disappointed when they sent their weakest GRC team there. It is really like putting up tissue to chope place in hawker centre.

Similarly for the next GE. I hate to see 3 corner fights for next GE just because of some "party interests" which may not be aligned to the greater National interests of depriving PAP the two third majority. If WP is truly interested in Tampines for next GE, I hope that they will not just play play only because this GRC has potential to fall.

If WP is committed to send a respectably strong team, preferably with one or even two of the present WP MPs leading their team, I would support them with all my blessings. But if they are going to do the same thing that they did in last GE, merely making use of such fertile ground for "training" of their weakest team, please lah, how could I ever give them my full blessings?

Thus, my comment is sincere; I really hope Mr Yaw will lead the WP team to Tampines next time round.

Goh Meng Seng

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm So Happy By Looking At This Latest Picture..Tampines was my Hometown for 19 years.. Even though I'm now staying In Hougang, I still have a Soft Spot For Tampines.. Workers Party Welcome To Tampines..Your Presence There Will Be Greatly Appreciated..!!!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
A nearly 43% is "no show", then WP's many 41% would be what show?

I have said before, the swing in Tampines is above national average. Jumping from merely 31% to nearly 43%. I don't think WP's side has any GRC recording more than 12% swing at all. (Joo Chiat is the only abnormally to record 15% swing) To expect NSP to get 20% swing in Tampines to record a win is unreasonably unrealistic.

If the general swing on the ground is more than 20% and NSP under perform in Tampines, then I would concede that my team's showing is really lousy. However, this is not the case.

Goh Meng Seng

If WP contest in Tampines there is a higher chance of winning as compared to NSP. I feel that NSP is a let down during the last election as many have felt that NSP was not around. NSP basically give the nut Mah Bow Tan a free ride in his election win. Singaporeans cant afford another NSP no show again.

The only NSP candidate that did well was Nicole. Maybe WP and NSP can send a combine team for Marine Parade however I doubt that will work as WP is quite strict and disciplined.

Maybe NSP can concentrate on the West. Leave Marine Parade, East Coast and Tampinese to WP. at least there is a higher chance of winning and denying PAP the 2/3 majority.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is strange that the thread starter actually thinks that my comment is a "Challenge" to Mr. Yaw! :wink:

Well, I guess different people will have different perception towards such simple words.

But I truly mean it. WP should not repeat what it did last GE, elbows its way into Moulmein Kallang and even risking a 3 corner fight but in the end, send in a team which up till now, hardly anybody know who they are (well, maybe with exception of Rahizan).

Moulmein Kallang, as a 4 seat GRC, is vulnerable to fall, especially so when Yaacob who has failed in controlling the floods and Lui TY who is not that popular. I am confident that if NSP Tony and Hazel led a team to MK, they could at least perform much better or even has the chance of winning. Basically it means that WP has basically saved Yaacob and preventing other opposition party NSP of putting up a better performance.

Understandably, that is for WP's "party interests" but such narrow consideration is actually not helpful to the greater aim of enhancing democratic development in Singapore. It is regrettable that such party interests are not in line with the overall National interest of faster political democratic development.

I have stated prior to GE that if WP is to put up their top team to contest in MK, I would have gladly concede to them MK without any grudges and with all blessings. But I am truly disappointed when they sent their weakest GRC team there. It is really like putting up tissue to chope place in hawker centre.

Similarly for the next GE. I hate to see 3 corner fights for next GE just because of some "party interests" which may not be aligned to the greater National interests of depriving PAP the two third majority. If WP is truly interested in Tampines for next GE, I hope that they will not just play play only because this GRC has potential to fall.

If WP is committed to send a respectably strong team, preferably with one or even two of the present WP MPs leading their team, I would support them with all my blessings. But if they are going to do the same thing that they did in last GE, merely making use of such fertile ground for "training" of their weakest team, please lah, how could I ever give them my full blessings?

Thus, my comment is sincere; I really hope Mr Yaw will lead the WP team to Tampines next time round.

Goh Meng Seng

why are you recommending your failed diversification strategy...? your diversification strategy is such an epic fail that Hazel say they will consolidate and field less candidates next GE

MK have 2 ministers
CCK only have Gan who was the manpower minister which give you more ammunition to shoot... they also took out the popular Amy Khor which should make you job easy.... ALex Yam and Low Yenling were 2 newbies in CCK... Alvin Yeo was a nobody

and your NSP Tony and Hazel still get less than WP MK team ....
Yaw also went to AMK for training and he is MP now.... why cant Hong Boon lead Tampines next GE ???

if you cant even get NSP Tony and Hazel + Nicole Seah to contest 10kkj, then you really shouldnt expect one or even two of the present WP MPs to goto 10kkj

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I guess you have just hit yourself on the toe. YSL got his training in AMK, not exactly a fertile ground! AMK was available or even Marine Parade which is JUST NEXT TO Aljunied and East Coast was available. So why not having that as the most convenient and LOGICAL training ground?

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have said before, the swing in Tampines is above national average. Jumping from merely 31% to nearly 43%. I don't think WP's side has any GRC recording more than 12% swing at all. (Joo Chiat is the only abnormally to record 15% swing) To expect NSP to get 20% swing in Tampines to record a win is unreasonably unrealistic.

Joo Chiat was a disappointment. I saw how good JJ and his EA (you know who) was on the ground. I was expecting a win.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
We must look at things in perspective. CCK is the last minute switch and in comparison, we have plough the ground in MK much longer with more resources thrown in as compared to CCK.

Just in terms of newspaper sales, we have visited MK aka Jalan Besar more often than CCK. Thus, with some common sense, it would natural for NSP to choose MK. Well, turn it around, how about asking WP to go to Jurong? or even CCK? Would WP want to go?

MK has the strongest MP Lily Neo plus Heng CH taken out. It is definitely a softer target.

Goh Meng Seng

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
A nearly 43% is "no show", then WP's many 41% would be what show?

If the general swing on the ground is more than 20% and NSP under perform in Tampines, then I would concede that my team's showing is really lousy. However, this is not the case.

Goh Meng Seng

you and James Gomez are both delusional

TOC said:
You contested Sembawang GRC under the SDP banner in the May General Elections. And even though your team eventually lost to the PAP, it still caused the highest vote swing percentage-wise (12.8%). What do you think could account for such a huge swing?
Dr James Gomez said:
It shows that we have a lot of resonance with the voters there in Sembawang. And I think it’s something to build on. At a personal level, I also will be taking the next month to reflect more on the Sembawang results and perhaps write up something. I’m not sure at this stage whether it’ll be an article, essay or even a small book. But I’m certainly beginning to look into understanding the significance of the results. Because nearly 50,000 people voted for the SDP and the Sembawang voters represent almost half of all the votes that SDP got. That means Sembawang votes are equal to Holland-Bukit Timah, Yuhua and Bukit Panjang combined. So that is quite a significant amount. Because it gives you a nearly 30% swing. Never in the history of the electoral division of Sembawang has there been that huge a sway, with that large number of voters. So I would say in that sense that there is a ‘Sembawang spring’ that you can draw from the analogy.

both you and JG are staring from such low base of course there is such a huge swing..

WP is starting from a high base of 45% thanks to you 2 cocksters... hence you dun expect such a huge swing. an econ-trained person like you would know what is the law of diminishing returns....

Sembawang also wasnt expect to fall so no1 blame JG... rightly or wrongly, fairly or unfairly, you were expected to win...

prease dun talk about how much you gains you made relative to Edmund Ng team GE06 but how far you missed the mark by in GE11

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Joo Chiat was a disappointment. I saw how good JJ and his EA (you know who) was on the ground. I was expecting a win.

Joo Chiat is ideal battleground which unfortunately given up by Eric. There are local issues and it is just a small SMC. For large GRC, even if there are local issues in one place, the impact might be average out by other divisions. Thus, generally, as long as there are local issues in a small SMC, it would be very vulnerable while for GRC, you will have to fight on national level, national issues.

Goh Meng Seng

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
We must look at things in perspective. CCK is the last minute switch and in comparison, we have plough the ground in MK much longer with more resources thrown in as compared to CCK.

Just in terms of newspaper sales, we have visited MK aka Jalan Besar more often than CCK. Thus, with some common sense, it would natural for NSP to choose MK. Well, turn it around, how about asking WP to go to Jurong? or even CCK? Would WP want to go?

MK has the strongest MP Lily Neo plus Heng CH taken out. It is definitely a softer target.

Goh Meng Seng

then I blame you for letting the 2 scholars to insist on CCK... you should have order them to go somewhere else ... or isit because they been walking CCK when they were in RP

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

I live here and I certainly know where you grievance is coming from. I've seen Seb and Steve and NSP members around here over past five years. LTK, Sylvia and WP members too. Honest to you and to myself, I should say 50:50. Less than a year before GE, Yaacob brought LKY down here. PAP isn't sleeping either.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess you have just hit yourself on the toe. YSL got his training in AMK, not exactly a fertile ground! AMK was available or even Marine Parade which is JUST NEXT TO Aljunied and East Coast was available. So why not having that as the most convenient and LOGICAL training ground?

Goh Meng Seng

would you feel less aggrieved if WP insist on MP instead??

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Statistically speaking, vote swing is generally evenly spread. This is due to many reasons and one of them is the evenly spread of all races due to HDB Ethnic quota. i.e. PAP learned their lesson in the 80s.

Places like Yishun GRC, also started with low base what. Apparently, even with 30 plus base, WP only managed to get a less than 8% vote swing in Yishun GRC. East Coast also has a base of 30 plus, 36% to be exact. Thus the swing is less than 9%.

Moulmein Kallang which three quarters are from previous Jalan Besar, has a low base of 31% as well but the swing is also 10%.

Aljunied though in the 40s could also get a swing of about 10% as well. Be it MK with base of 31% or Aljunied with 44%, both gets the same swing of 10%. Thus there is really no excuse lah.

I think we should look at things in an objective perspective. Statistics is actually neutral but only people try to lie through it.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Even when both parties have equal efforts (which I disagree actually) in MK, then the fair thing is to see which party could commit a team with better candidates.

That is actually my point. As I have said, I would give my full blessings to WP if it send Sylvia or LTK or even CSM leading a team to MK. YSL also barely acceptable. But no, that wasn't the case.

Goh Meng Seng

I live here and I certainly know where you grievance is coming from. I've seen Seb and Steve and NSP members around here over past five years. LTK, Sylvia and WP members too. Honest to you and to myself, I should say 50:50. Less than a year before GE, Yaacob brought LKY down here. PAP isn't sleeping either.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Statistically speaking, vote swing is generally evenly spread. This is due to many reasons and one of them is the evenly spread of all races due to HDB Ethnic quota. i.e. PAP learned their lesson in the 80s.

Places like Yishun GRC, also started with low base what. Apparently, even with 30 plus base, WP only managed to get a less than 8% vote swing in Yishun GRC. East Coast also has a base of 30 plus, 36% to be exact. Thus the swing is less than 9%.

Moulmein Kallang which three quarters are from previous Jalan Besar, has a low base of 31% as well but the swing is also 10%.

Aljunied though in the 40s could also get a swing of about 10% as well. Be it MK with base of 31% or Aljunied with 44%, both gets the same swing of 10%. Thus there is really no excuse lah.

I think we should look at things in an objective perspective. Statistics is actually neutral but only people try to lie through it.

Goh Meng Seng

Nee SOon GRC didnt really exist in 2006 so not really fair ... East COast 36% is still higher than 10kkj and MK?

Even when both parties have equal efforts (which I disagree actually) in MK, then the fair thing is to see which party could commit a team with better candidates.

That is actually my point. As I have said, I would give my full blessings to WP if it send Sylvia or LTK or even CSM leading a team to MK. YSL also barely acceptable. But no, that wasn't the case.

Goh Meng Seng

when you say it like this, it sound much more reasonable...
instead you kept calling WP team 3rd rate.... that really reflect quite badly on you

but wasnt MK a ploy by you and LTK to distract PAP and make them think that LTK was goin to MK....