• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng Challenge Yaw Shin Leong to contest in Tampines

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is therefore now a race between the opposition party to become the dominant opposition party, and WP is in the lead now, with NSP and SDP behind them. It is therefore no longer in WP's interest to "give way" to the other parties when choosing the constituencies that they want to compete in. Whatever they choose to do is part of their longterm strategy for GE2016 and beyond. There is no point trying to guilt WP into giving way by saying that three-corner fights only help the PAP - while this is true for the immediate GE, it is actually in WP's interest to have three-corner fights as part of the longterm strategy. This was seen in Punggol East SMC, with the results showing that WP is the dominant opposition party over SDA, and makes SDA irrelevant to the political scene in Singapore.

These points were first raised is a very nice and coherent way by Alex Au in the run up of GE2011. I think it is inevitable that there is competition to see who can build capacity and grow the fastest. There is nothing wrong or immoral with trying to be the best. Let us not talk about giving chance, being accommodating, etc. WP has never asked any party to make way for it. I don't see why another party should demand to have something it did not earn.

The long term objective is to serve the PEOPLE of Singapore by giving them a strong, credible opposition in parliament that has the POTENTIAL to one day be a solid alternative to the PAP should the PAP really fail in holding the country together. And the only way to achieve this is to grow in both numbers and quality of talent. You can't get this by going back to the old ways where you tolerate many parties and everyone gives way to everyone else in order to give everyone an equal chance. That simply cannot work.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So after losing in the forum one goes out to win allies? Sounds like kindergarten kid.

Watch GMS, Ramseth and Bob Sim. The dim sum breakfast/lunch is coming up and the trio will emerge as close allies who have shared top secret details, intricate plots, and other juicy plans that are only meant for the exclusive political club.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't understand the purpose. It's about the albatross. It's the intention. It's what's here (heart). The same as why one would say, "I don't agree with you that this is a horse, I say it is a horse."

Too cheem for me understand. You may only he can say its a horse but others cannot say its a horse?

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by ssrrvv11
loser gms,

just answer this question is u dare.

IF u were the WP chief instead of LTK for the 2011GE, do u think u can win more than 6 mp + 2 ncmp positions? Yes, No, Maybe, Don't Know?

Most ppl will say no way u can do better than him but knowing u, u will probably answer as "Don't Know" to save your own thick-skin. nobody will know the answer to this as this thing never happen.

thus in the same breathe, i don't know how can u confidently say your NSP team will do better in MK if allowed to contest instead of WP. pls lah i can also say IF your mother have balls she would have been your father instead. tiu.

reasoning with u is worse than reasoning with a 1 year old kid. u just cannot accept logic. any1 that counters u here must either be from pap or wp. siow.

loser goh meng seng, dont siam the question hor.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this post. There is something for everyone. :p

Remember what you said on 26 Oct 2011?
"Someone has wisely advised him to stay out of this forum today and he has wisely agreed."

And what I replied:
"This is and will be as cyclical as spring, summer, autumn, winter. Any middle age chap has at least another few decades of four seasons."

Now I narrow it down to a monthly cycle, since we are approaching 26 Nov soon.

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former NSP chief not quitting politics for good
By Carolyn Quek, TODAY | Posted: 25 November 2011 0632 hrs
phpOt7G7S.jpg
Photos 1 of 1<input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18">

<tbody>
</tbody>
dotline_240.gif

Goh Meng Seng, NSP

<tbody>
</tbody>

SINGAPORE: Former National Solidarity Party (NSP) secretary-general Goh Meng Seng is not closing the door just yet on the next General Election (GE).

Instead, he is planning to devote the foreseeable future to strengthening Opposition policy formulation.

The 41-year-old, who stepped down from the NSP in June to go into a "partisan political sabbatical", gave these details on Thursday on his blog and also in an interview with Today.

On his blog, he said that he will let his NSP membership lapse by the end of this year, adding that he formally informed the party's president and secretary-general about this in September.

However, unlike what some of his friends had thought, he is not quitting Opposition politics for good.

"There are other things which are equally important to contribute towards the political democratic development of Singapore other than joining a party. Some of these things need us to be non-partisan in order to be effective," he said on his blog.

Speaking to Today, he further explained that the May GE had shown that Singaporeans wanted more alternative voices in Parliament but are still not comfortable with the idea of a change in government.

"One reason is (that) opposition parties really have not provided a more holistic policy platform to convince voters that if they are voted in, they are ready to take over and make certain changes in the policy," he said.

He added that he was also in talks to collaborate with a "third party" but would not give further details.

To naysayers who may criticise his joining and leaving of two Opposition parties - he had contested as a Workers' Party candidate in the 2006 GE - Mr Goh said: "Whichever party and whichever way you choose to work, I think as long as we are going in the same direction and contributing to the bigger picture of the political development for Singapore, I think it's fine."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1167519/1/.html

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP MK Team is 3rd rate in relative to other WP team what! I mean we have to be truthful to ourselves in such assessment.

I have said it openly and published in the papers that if WP send its top team, best if it is LTK leading the team to MK, I would gladly concede and give my full support and blessings to them....

As for your speculation of conspiracy, I really have no comment. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

fark can you just comment on the conspiracy, either you take credit for the Aljunied GRC disinformation campaign

or you shuddup about MK Now

http://www.sgpolitics.net/?p=6824

Aljunied GRC: A disinformation campaign that took forever to implement

A disinformation campaign that took forever to implement was initiated by a tight inner circle in WP. Even party faithfuls and cadres were kept in the dark about Mr Low’s true plans.

Painstakingly, “inside information” that Low Thia Khiang would contest in either Moulmein-Kallang or Nee Soon GRC was leaked out from the top echelons within WP. The idea was that Mr Low would try to take down one of these GRCs on his own, while Chen Show Mao and Sylvia Lim would try to take down Aljunied. The WP goal, it was purported, would be to make political history by winning 2 GRCs in a single election.

This misinformation was spread to the PAP moles who took the poison back to their masters.

Even National Solidarity Party’s Goh Meng Seng was in on the disinformation campaign. He pretended to initiate a quarrel with WP over Moulmein-Kallang, when actually the intrepid Sec-Gen had already decided quite early on in the horse-trading that it would let WP contest there.

At a crucial stage in the game, Mr Goh Meng Seng threw WP an impossible curveball: Send either Mr Low or Ms Sylvia Lim to Moulmein-Kallang, and NSP will give up the constituency to WP.

Mr Goh’s purpose in doing so was the reinforce the disinformation campaign that Mr Low was planning to contest in Moulmein-Kallang.

By that time, PAP grassroots volunteers and even members of the PAP Aljunied team had been thrown off track. They knew Mr Low would come out to contest a GRC, but they never expected it would be Aljunied.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rakyat said:
He added that he was also in talks to collaborate with a "third party" but would not give further details.

If he plans to collaborate with a "third party" he better be mentally prepared to take the role of financier and not as a strategist or campaigner. Does he have another flat to sell?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's either E-Jay was too imaginative or he was LIED to.

who would lied to E-Jay ? who stand to gain from it ???

who is so thick skin to take credit for soimething not true??

and who is so dumb to forget the story, flip and complain about it now ???

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
who would lied to E-Jay ? who stand to gain from it ???

who is so thick skin to take credit for soimething not true??

and who is so dumb to forget the story, flip and complain about it now ???

The one chap who boasted the disinformation campaign here as well. Suddenly no longer disinformation campaign but he really feel disturbed that the Aljunied combo did not contest in MK. Mind you these are not his words but indirect. Since it was mentioned that LTK, SL should come MK.

Or maybe the other possibility was that EJ was trying to save the village idiot's face.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
When GMS keeps his cards close to his chest and throw feint punches, he calls it strategy. When others do that, he calls it disformation. When he loses, he calls it conspiracy.