• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS Selling Home To Contest Election 吴明盛破釜沉舟背水一战

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG i am talking to a blur fuck..ur definition of winner is someone who cannot come out with $14k? Go kill urself better

Who's the blur f*ck? He could and he would again. He contested Aljunied GRC, didn't he? You blind or Treasury Department blind? Didn't see or count his deposit properly?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
MBT made all Singaporean richer under his watch, our asset and home price rise..it dosent make any sense to vote for someone who can't even fork out $14k and need to sell house..Fatty Goh can't manage his own life and want to help SIngaporean? What kind of a logic is that?

It takes way more than the 14K deposit to run an election. Stupid.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
RonRon
user_offline.gif

Banned

aiyoh, why u tio banned. :eek::biggrin:

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh ron ron e elitist who thinks highly of himself... Wif such supporters, pap dunnid to do much 2 alienate itself frm e voters.

Fyi: 14k is a lot of money even to people who earns 5k a mth and that's alr above e average if statistics could b believed.

Spare a thought for e peasant

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the $14K is a election deposit and will be refunded unless a freak result, getting less than 15% votes - very unlikely. There are other hidden costs though.

regarding Tampines GRC, GMS need a massive 20% swing against PAP to win. That is a big challenge and very hard - good luck to him... :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sigh ron ron e elitist who thinks highly of himself... Wif such supporters, pap dunnid to do much 2 alienate itself frm e voters.

Fyi: 14k is a lot of money even to people who earns 5k a mth and that's alr above e average if statistics could b believed.

Spare a thought for e peasant

That's right. All PAP candidates can afford election deposits comfortably and are provided with free PAP/CCC/RC manpower. An opposition candidate has to find the money and find the manpower.

If you still don't vote for opposition, I accept that's democracy. But if ridicule him, I'd say yours is wolf's heart and dog's lung.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
i can donate for his campaign.
but
i ish peasant....notch much $$$.
cannot afford peanut.

:o :p :o

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey please spare MBT lei. Let me make my flat worth 5 mil first la. Otherwise how to migrate and live like king in other countries?

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng is a successful, not seriously prosperous like ministers, but self-sustainable businessman. That's for all to see. MBT is far more prosperous. Nobody dispute that. What's the question now?

If that is the case why then does he have to sell his home to finance his election bid?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is the case why then does he have to sell his home to finance his election bid?

Very interesting question you have. But we are more keen to know about the answers for the questions listed below from u...

1) Why does an an neh like you say ppl don't hire u cos they racist, when in fact the President is same race like u?

2) How come you didn't work as courier boy and choose to say cannot find job in Sinkapore?

3) How come guy and guy like to hold hands for a certain group?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure some businessmen in printing businesses also very TULAN pap, they probably can sponsor free flyers or banners to help alternative parties win this election. Those in food or drink businesses can also donate FOC supplies to volunteers of alternative parties. Such is a small gesture that Singaporeans will appreciate during election. Singaporeans have sacrificed to the extreme under PAP, time to show good gesture back and reclaim our land.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm WP member but also GMS personal friend. As long as there's no conflict interest like 3-cornered fights, I'm on any side that fights for democracy against hegemony, including SDP.

Ramseth,

I must sound a caution to u.

U revealed that u r a WP member. Now u claim that u on any side dat fight against hegemony, including SDP.

I don't think ur party leadership adopt the same stand. Did u clear ur post with your party CEC first?

jare0

Alfrescian
Loyal
吴明盛破釜沉舟背水一战

I asked him, why S$5k COV for fellow citizens. He replied, that's not for me. That's to pay agent commission and HDB fees.

Admirable !!

I'll do my part..I'll support him.. No Agent commission.. I'll do it for free !!

PM me.. i'm a property agent.. i can help :smile:

Serious !!!

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Find it ironic that GMS has position of lowering HDB flat prices, stifling future price rises not allowing one to profit from sale of flat.

Yet when he needs $$, he has to sell his flat to cash in on the gains that his policy would not allow. I wonder how much he stand to gains from the sale of flat.

I applaud his conviction but please lah, any policy that will result in asset of 80% pop to drop will not be popular.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Will donate something to GMS upon him confirming the authenticity of this course of action.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ramseth,

I believe many are not familiar with the costs of running an election. I presume the election deposits are taken care of. Whatelse are there?

We, the commoners, cannot foresee how the hundreds of thousands or millions or hundreds of millions (like in US presidency race) are spent, and being singaporeans, prudent and stingy, needs to budget and give our support accordingly.

Like in the modern wedding in the west, the newly weds will state their needs with the supermarket or departmental store so the guest can buy gifts directly from the store, and need not fear duplication or waste.

Breaking down of costs may interest certain people in certain industry to support with their best interest and capabilities. depending on the cost of poster, I think I can support up to 50 posters for the event.

Some one may support by reducing their chciken rice price etc etc,,,,

there will be people willing to support with money, some with action and some with materials and some with drinks,,,,

cheers

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Election is not about deposit alone. There're many other expenses as mentioned in earlier posts. GMS position now is also different from that in 2006 when he had teammates who could afford to share the burden equally without needing financial help from each other.