• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS Selling Home To Contest Election 吴明盛破釜沉舟背水一战

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can ask GMS to pte msg his bank account number. I would like to transfer a small token sum for his campaign fund.

I hope the snowball is start rolling now. It's either we do something about it or we being screwed for another 5 -6 years.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can ask GMS to pte msg his bank account number. I would like to transfer a small token sum for his campaign fund.

Thanks. Very much appreciated. It's inconvenient for GMS to receive donation under personal bank account, that entails accounting complexities. I'll go consult with him and Sebastian Teo, if they want to put up NSP bank account number on their website to receive donation.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Very much appreciated. It's inconvenient for GMS to receive donation under personal bank account, that entails accounting complexities. I'll go consult with him and Sebastian Teo, if they want to put up NSP bank account number on their website to receive donation.

No problem.

If we can't put opposition into the parliment this GE, we will never be able to do it.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This should be GMS last resort.
NSP no sponsors or 金主?

In other countries, you see lot of candidates contesting in seats that they will 99% lose but they want to because elections is a time to earn big money from political donations. That is not the case in Singapore.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This should be GMS last resort.
NSP no sponsors or 金主?

In other countries, you see lot of candidates contesting in seats that they will 99% lose but they want to because elections is a time to earn big money from political donations. That is not the case in Singapore.

Sebastian Teo and Steve Chia are not exactly poor fellows. However, they have their campaigns to finance and fight too. Tan Chee Kian is not exactly a poor fellow too, but he's in retirement, any heartless people want him to put up his funeral funds? Let's be fair. Let's have a heart to feel. Let's have a brain too, to think.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure about how much the campaigning costs or will costs...

For security deposits of 13-16,000 per candidate, I am sure they will be able to come up with and collect back when it is over.

As for props and such, is there any way to break down the costs?

I am also not sure how much anon fund contributors will be legal or illegal. If contributors can contribute directly to supplier, might be more feasible,,,,

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not sure about how much the campaigning costs or will costs...

For security deposits of 13-16,000 per candidate, I am sure they will be able to come up with and collect back when it is over.

As for props and such, is there any way to break down the costs?

I am also not sure how much anon fund contributors will be legal or illegal. If contributors can contribute directly to supplier, might be more feasible,,,,

For a GRC, try count 400 polling agents (2 shifts) and 20 counting agents. About 50 sq. km. of posters and banners. Put up during election and bring down after election. Others don't count first, just count these first. PAP manpower average is about 2,000 per GRC team. For SMC, just divide by about 5.5. you can figure it out, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a GRC, try count 400 polling agents (2 shifts) and 20 counting agents. About 50 sq. km. of posters and banners. Put up during election and bring down after election. Others don't count first, just count these first.

paying the polling and counting agents? I thought they are party volunteers.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paying the polling and counting agents? I thought they are party volunteers.

Posters must pay. Hire printers and contractors. Election agents are volunteers, no pay. But they also must be fed, volunteers also must be fed with proper meals and drinks. You think what, glucose? If you can find a few thousand who support you without pay and without food, I think LKY and PAP must be terrified of you right now. In any case, this is an non-argument. It's commonsense and reality.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
MBT made all Singaporean richer under his watch, our asset and home price rise..it dosent make any sense to vote for someone who can't even fork out $14k and need to sell house..Fatty Goh can't manage his own life and want to help SIngaporean? What kind of a logic is that?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
吴明盛 is a failure in life! After so many yr of hard works as a businessman, there were no progress in his career & financial..he will become a laughing stocks for not being able to manage his own life and want to criticise our born leader Mr MBT.. Singaporean do not want a loser to lead their life!
He can't even run and want to learn to fly :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Goh Meng Seng is a successful, not seriously prosperous like ministers, but self-sustainable businessman. That's for all to see. MBT is far more prosperous. Nobody dispute that. What's the question now?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MBT made all Singaporean richer under his watch, our asset and home price rise..it dosent make any sense to vote for someone who can't even fork out $14k and need to sell house..Fatty Goh can't manage his own life and want to help SIngaporean? What kind of a logic is that?

So democracy has a price-tag now, S$14k is the going rate?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
poor chap....hope he win..he must win for the sake of the people....pray hard that the election is fair and no rigging....

It's a given that the FAPee TRAITORS will do all they can to win, including rigging. Did they not say that they would introduce electronic voting? The Oppos should start contacting the UN to send a team over to monitor the GE!

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng is a successful, not seriously prosperous like ministers, but self-sustainable businessman. That's for all to see. MBT is far more prosperous. Nobody dispute that. What's the question now?

You are a joker! what rubbish kind self-sustainable businessman is that? My last Europe trip already cost more than $14k :oIo: pui

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
So democracy has a price-tag now, S$14k is the going rate?

Singapore got the freedom choose who is the right candidates to represent them, that is democracy..lucky in democratic country like Singapore, we are given chance to vote for winner not loser

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore got the freedom choose who is the right candidates to represent them, that is democracy..lucky in democratic country like Singapore, we are given chance to vote for winner not loser

you mean the same kind that label us as lesser mortals that are daft with 'spurs not in our hides' and are 'deaf to all criticism'? :rolleyes:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean the same kind that label us as lesser mortals that are daft with 'spurs not in our hides' and are 'deaf to all criticism'? :rolleyes:

You spastic moron! Do you expect them to lie and call you higher mortals? Wake up, it is the truth and live with it if you are a lesser mortals..
Ops I forgot lesser mortals are inferior lots who need to tell only kind words:oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought you just said it's not worth choosing anyone who have difficulty coming up with S$14k since your Euro vacation already cost >S$14k?

Yes, there may be difficulty. But he'll come up with it. And let the people decide. Isn't that democracy?

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought you just said it's not worth choosing anyone who have difficulty coming up with S$14k since your Euro vacation already cost >S$14k?

OMG i am talking to a blur fuck..ur definition of winner is someone who cannot come out with $14k? Go kill urself better