• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg roads

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

Clearly the road in SG is not suitable to cycling. Look at the number of incidents captured by this cyclist alone. Ask the forum owner how often he encounters this kind of thing in NZ. Ban cycling on the road of SG is the way to go to stop all these nonsense. :oIo:
The roads are fine, it is the drivers that are bad.

In this ang moh recordings, you will see that he cycles on roads with little traffic, yet the drivers are either inconsiderate or plain careless. The road conditions were just like any suburb roads in developed countries like NZ and USA, and local drivers still want to cut into his lane suddenly. It is the light punishment and lack of enforcement that result in today's bad driving behavior. Not only cyclist lives are endangered, even motorcyclists and motorists are endangered by such reckless drivers.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

Re-educating the drivers will work just as fine.

The problem with cyclists is because they are the most vulnerable vehicles on the road, they think everyone should give way, everyone else is in the wrong. Then when it comes to dealing with pedestrians, they get aggressive, they speed past by you without warning, and endanger both themselves and others. Everyday without fail on my jogging trail I will see young punks on fucking bikes cycling at top speed and brushing by other people who are walking, almost grazing them in the process.

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

the whole crappy situation was caused by the stupid prcs. I remember cycling to east coast. not much cyclists on the road then. everything was fine. same with everything else, once too many people start to do it everything went to hell. i like the king of the road comment. try telling that to a heavy vehicle. a bicycle hits anything, you will be dead or half dead. right of way does not supercede simple survival sense. will the cyclists die if they do not cycle?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

There will never be a truce between drivers and cyclists as long as they're sharing the same roads simply because of the speed differential between the two modes of transport.

When it comes to roadies out for a group ride, cyclists are even more infuriating because we take up a whole lane. The fact that we are out for a fun ride while there are motorists stuck behind us who are late for a meeting or rushing to pick up their kids makes us even more hated than ever.

The only way to achieve some degree of harmony is to separate the two groups as they have done in some European cities.

I've been cycling in NZ for more than a decade. I do not expect any consideration from motorists. When I get on my bike, they are the enemy. However, taking my chances is a lifestyle choice. I accept the risks. I've had friends killed and maimed. The same may happen to me tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm enjoying today.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There will never be a truce between drivers and cyclists as long as they're sharing the same roads simply because of the speed differential between the two modes of transport.

When it comes to roadies out for a group ride, cyclists are even more infuriating because we take up a whole lane. The fact that we are out for a fun ride while there are motorists stuck behind us who are late for a meeting or rushing to pick up their kids makes us even more hated than ever.

The only way to achieve some degree of harmony is to separate the two groups as they have done in some European cities.

I've been cycling in NZ for more than a decade. I do not expect any consideration from motorists. When I get on my bike, they are the enemy. However, taking my chances is a lifestyle choice. I accept the risks. I've had friends killed and maimed. The same may happen to me tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm enjoying today.

pray tell why are you ppl so inconsiderate?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

pray tell why are you ppl so inconsiderate?

Because we are entitled to use the road just like anyone else. We pay just as much as the motorists do for construction and maintenance of the road network so why should we be forced to play 2nd class citizen.

We aren't the slowest objects either. Farm equipment is even slower. They can block a whole road for miles on end. However, the law allows them to use the road to get from one paddock to another. Motorists often kill themselves trying to overtake these vehicles when it isn't safe to do so. Horses are pretty slow too.

At the end of the day, motorists are simply part of the overall equation. Cars don't rank any higher in the hierarchy than non motorised transport. Horses and bicycles arrived on the scene earlier anyway. Cars came much later. In terms of seniority, bikes should rank higher.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Because we are entitled to use the road just like anyone else. We pay just as much as the motorists do for construction and maintenance of the road network so why should we be forced to play 2nd class citizen.

We aren't the slowest objects either. Farm equipment is even slower. They can block a whole road for miles on end. However, the law allows them to use the road to get from one paddock to another. Motorists often kill themselves trying to overtake these vehicles when it isn't safe to do so. Horses are pretty slow too.

At the end of the day, motorists are simply part of the overall equation. Cars don't rank any higher in the hierarchy than non motorised transport. Horses and bicycles arrived on the scene earlier anyway. Cars came much later. In terms of seniority, bikes should rank higher.

oh really cyclists have to pay rd tax too in nz?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

oh really cyclists have to pay rd tax too in nz?

There is no road tax in NZ. Households pay council rates and road construction and maintenance is funded by these rates.

A household with 3 bicycles pays the same rates as a house of the same value with 3 cars. The 3 bicycles therefore have equal entitlement of road usage if monetary contributions are considered to be yardstick regarding rights to use the road.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Horses and bicycles arrived on the scene earlier anyway. Cars came much later. In terms of seniority, bikes should rank higher.

good roads came with the arrival of cars, horses and bikes rank higher on dirt tracks

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm a cyclist myself but I do not agree with this chow ang mo FT view on our local drivers. U can see from the video that he is cycling too far off the side of the road. Some video even show he cycle nearly in the middle of the lane.

He think he fucking tua kee izzit? Machiam his father road lidat. For me, i always try to limit my cycling path as close to the double yellow line as possible.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is no road tax in NZ. Households pay council rates and road construction and maintenance is funded by these rates.

A household with 3 bicycles pays the same rates as a house of the same value with 3 cars. The 3 bicycles therefore have equal entitlement of road usage if monetary contributions are considered to be yardstick regarding rights to use the road.

Not applicable in Sinkieland. Cyclists, please fuck off from the road. :oIo:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Not applicable in Sinkieland. Cyclists, please fuck off from the road. :oIo:

I see no reason why it is not applicable in Singapore. Roads aren't funded just from road taxes.Everything goes into a consolidated fund and some cyclists would have paid big amounts in GST which goes into the same fund. A good road bike with carbon rims and electronic shifting costs almost $20,000.

If you think road taxes determine the pecking order on the roads, then Nissans should fuck off from the roads when they see a Ferrari or Bentley in their mirrors because these cars pay far more road taxes than a cheap Jap runaround.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Ms Chan hopes the accident will remind people to stay alert on the roads. -- PHOTO: COURTESY OF DINAH CHAN

By Chan U-Gene

Singapore's top female cyclist Dinah Chan was involved in a collision with a car yesterday while training for the upcoming SEA Games.
The 27-year-old was cycling alone along East Coast Park Service Road at around 11am when she collided with a right-turning Mazda 3.
The collision flung her about 3m away, but she landed on a grass patch which cushioned her fall and so did not suffer any broken bones. Her helmet - cracked from the impact - also protected her from serious head injuries.

Nevertheless, she suffered abrasions, a swollen neck and lips, and damaged teeth, and drifted in and out of consciousness. She was put under 24-hour observation at Changi General Hospital.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I see no reason why it is not applicable in Singapore. Roads aren't funded just from road taxes.Everything goes into a consolidated fund and some cyclists would have paid big amounts in GST which goes into the same fund. A good road bike with carbon rims and electronic shifting costs almost $20,000.

If you think road taxes determine the pecking order on the roads, then Nissans should fuck off from the roads when they see a Ferrari or Bentley in their mirrors because these cars pay far more road taxes than a cheap Jap runaround.

If that's the case, why J Walking is illegal and why pedestrians are not allowed to walk along expressway? They are paying some form of other taxes too. The point is cyclists are not even paying a fucking single cent on road tax. A lousy fuck made in China car cost more than the your good road bike with carbon rims and electronic shifting. If Japanese cars should fuck off from the road when they see a Ferrari or Bentley because their road tax is cheaper. Bicycle should not even be allowed on the road when they are not paying a single cent on road tax.
If these cyclists insist to ride on the road of SG, FINE. Stop complaining. I used to cycle. I am prepared to bear the consequence of any road accident that might happen to me. You can argue the rights about it but 1 freak accident is enough to make one spend the rest of his life on wheelchair.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ms Chan hopes the accident will remind people to stay alert on the roads. -- PHOTO: COURTESY OF DINAH CHAN

By Chan U-Gene

Singapore's top female cyclist Dinah Chan was involved in a collision with a car yesterday while training for the upcoming SEA Games.
The 27-year-old was cycling alone along East Coast Park Service Road at around 11am when she collided with a right-turning Mazda 3.
The collision flung her about 3m away, but she landed on a grass patch which cushioned her fall and so did not suffer any broken bones. Her helmet - cracked from the impact - also protected her from serious head injuries.

Nevertheless, she suffered abrasions, a swollen neck and lips, and damaged teeth, and drifted in and out of consciousness. She was put under 24-hour observation at Changi General Hospital.

Is the culprit going to get a death sentence if this cyclist died in this accident? Fucking NO. What's the fucking point of pointing who's right or wrong?
"Accident happens everywhere" Sounds familiar, Leong?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

If that's the case, why J Walking is illegal and why pedestrians are not allowed to walk along expressway? They are paying some form of other taxes too. The point is cyclists are not even paying a fucking single cent on road tax. A lousy fuck made in China car cost more than the your good road bike with carbon rims and electronic shifting. If Japanese cars should fuck off from the road when they see a Ferrari or Bentley because their road tax is cheaper. Bicycle should not even be allowed on the road when they are not paying a single cent on road tax.
If these cyclists insist to ride on the road of SG, FINE. Stop complaining. I used to cycle. I am prepared to bear the consequence of any road accident that might happen to me. You can argue the rights about it but 1 freak accident is enough to make one spend the rest of his life on wheelchair.
do you seriously think the road tax is sufficient to cover for the entire true cost of building and maintaining the roads, in addition to cost of land? Almost 20% of singapore land is covered by paved roads, so that's easily hundred of billions worth of usable land.

And do you think vehicle owners pay sufficient money to compensate for air pollution and sound pollution?

In fact I think private car owners should be made to pay more ERP for driving to work. The low energy efficiency of private cars (1+ tonne car to drive 1 person around) and peak hour road congestions should be sufficiently taxed to further reduce such anti social functions.

Think about it, a regular smoker pays more cig tax than car tax per year, and smokers' damage to environment is much smaller as compared to cars.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

do you seriously think the road tax is sufficient to cover for the entire true cost of building and maintaining the roads, in addition to cost of land? Almost 20% of singapore land is covered by paved roads, so that's easily hundred of billions worth of usable land.

And do you think vehicle owners pay sufficient money to compensate for air pollution and sound pollution?

In fact I think private car owners should be made to pay more ERP for driving to work. The low energy efficiency of private cars (1+ tonne car to drive 1 person around) and peak hour road congestions should be sufficiently taxed to further reduce such anti social functions.

Think about it, a regular smoker pays more cig tax than car tax per year, and smokers' damage to environment is much smaller as compared to cars.

I wasn't the one who bought road tax into this discussion. I m just making a direct comparison to the situation of NZ quoted by Leong. This thread has nothing to do whether the road tax amount is justifiable or sufficient to cover anything.