• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg roads

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

Actually the rules are quite clear: Cyclists are treated as motorists with some exceptions, like expressways.

The problem is that a lot of motorists do not understand or know those rules since the cycling population was very small in the past 20 years, to the extent that they believe the roads are exclusively their turf. Everybody else has to give way. With the number of cyclists exploding in the past 5 or so years it is logical that friction between motorists and cyclists will increase.

The government should educate more and tweak the rules along the way.

Do u think the increase in cyclists is due to the expensive COEs and increasing motor vehicle prices?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

I am saying that cycling 2 abreast should be illegal and it is. Someone posted up the road rules in one thread. They cyclists should be on death row. Asshole.

Cyclists are allowed to ride two abreast you twit. You should be thrown in jail for your ignorance. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I am saying that cycling 2 abreast should be illegal and it is. Someone posted up the road rules in one thread. They cyclists should be on death row. Asshole.

Cycling two abreast is perfectly legal.

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/cyclists.html

On Safe Cycling Behaviours (DON’Ts)
  • Do not cycle more than two abreast in the same direction.
  • Do not cycle along the footway and on the expressways.
  • Do not cycle across pedestrian crossings and overhead bridges.
  • Do not cycle against the flow of traffic.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tat is y it should be illegal asshole. And since u posted the rules. How come cyclist still violate them?

Cycling two abreast is perfectly legal.

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/cyclists.html

On Safe Cycling Behaviours (DON’Ts)
  • Do not cycle more than two abreast in the same direction.
  • Do not cycle along the footway and on the expressways.
  • Do not cycle across pedestrian crossings and overhead bridges.
  • Do not cycle against the flow of traffic.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As u know cyclists are going to be slower than other motor vehicles does this mean that a car has to stay behind a cyclist?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Tat is y it should be illegal asshole. And since u posted the rules. How come cyclist still violate them?

Why ask me you twit. Ask the cyclists who don't comply. I don't break any road rules when I ride my bike.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do u think the increase in cyclists is due to the expensive COEs and increasing motor vehicle prices?

That is definitely one of the reasons. There are many other reasons why people would want to cycle, like:

- traffic conditions
- environmental awareness
- personal health
- interesting hobby
- and many more...

The one thing that was always holding people back till a few years ago was the simple lack of cycling infrastructure. Nobody likes to cycle along busy roads and crowded pedestrian walkways. Building PCN's and cycling paths kicked it of.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is definitely one of the reasons. There are many other reasons why people would want to cycle, like:

- traffic conditions
- environmental awareness
- personal health
- interesting hobby
- and many more...

The one thing that was always holding people back till a few years ago was the simple lack of cycling infrastructure. Nobody likes to cycle along busy roads and crowded pedestrian walkways. Building PCN's and cycling paths kicked it of.

Ok but still cycling on busy roads and using it as a means of transportation isn't a very good idea and cycling paths don't extend from one end of singapore to the other it's just designated in certain parks and places.

Overall one still has to take quite number of risks cycling on roads and the prime worry would be an accident cos it's always fatal to the cyclist. I think the cyclist is also a hazard to other vehicles i mean you're hogging the road other vehicles have to overtake you and then you start to complain if they suddenly zoom past you. :rolleyes:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is the kind of cyclist behaviour that disgusts me:

http://ride.asiaone.com/news/genera...stops-middle-busy-junction-after-being-honked

Stomp contributor Dave saw an elderly cyclist who stopped in the middle of a busy traffic junction in Bishan after being honked at. Then, he started directing traffic. Dave wondered if the uncle reacted the way he did because other vehicles sounded their horns at him. Dave elaborates: "A cyclist rode blissfully across a traffic junction at Bishan, causing vehicles to my left to slow down. They even honked at him. "He then continued to walk against oncoming traffic on the right before finally standing in the middle of the road. "Was he angry that vehicles horned at him, was he in need of medical help, or is it a mix of both?" - See more at: http://ride.asiaone.com/news/genera...ction-after-being-honked#sthash.bg8koUjG.dpuf

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Between cyclists and drivers, I will side with drivers, most of the time anyway.

I have seen bad behaviour on both parties but the worst is the cyclists. Imagine one small cyclist riding on the left lane but in a way that prevents one entire line of vehicles INCLUDING A BUS from moving forward! I've seen that several times already.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok but still cycling on busy roads and using it as a means of transportation isn't a very good idea and cycling paths don't extend from one end of singapore to the other it's just designated in certain parks and places.

Overall one still has to take quite number of risks cycling on roads and the prime worry would be an accident cos it's always fatal to the cyclist. I think the cyclist is also a hazard to other vehicles i mean you're hogging the road other vehicles have to overtake you and then you start to complain if they suddenly zoom past you. :rolleyes:

I have never heard of any incidences where a cyclist caused a traffic jam unlike cars and lorries that park illegally by the roadside blocking an entire lane. Or worse, cars that suddenly stop to pick up or drop off passengers.

People that can't overtake keeping a safe distance should not have a driving license. These safe distances apply to cyclists and cars alike. Why is it so hard to overtake a cyclist???

The issue is clear: Drivers are impatient. For them, reaching their destination 1 minute faster is more important that a cyclists health. Come on, how many cyclists that slow you down do you encounter en route to your destination?

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is the kind of cyclist behaviour that disgusts me:

http://ride.asiaone.com/news/genera...stops-middle-busy-junction-after-being-honked

Stomp contributor Dave saw an elderly cyclist who stopped in the middle of a busy traffic junction in Bishan after being honked at. Then, he started directing traffic. Dave wondered if the uncle reacted the way he did because other vehicles sounded their horns at him. Dave elaborates: "A cyclist rode blissfully across a traffic junction at Bishan, causing vehicles to my left to slow down. They even honked at him. "He then continued to walk against oncoming traffic on the right before finally standing in the middle of the road. "Was he angry that vehicles horned at him, was he in need of medical help, or is it a mix of both?" - See more at: http://ride.asiaone.com/news/genera...ction-after-being-honked#sthash.bg8koUjG.dpuf
Clearly a mental case. Same class as those drivers that block others on the street because they were "offended" by other motorists.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

What does road tax have to do with right to use a public road? :rolleyes:
Same mentality as those who think that because they pay any form of tax, they can litter or damage public properties.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cyclists are allowed to ride two abreast you twit. You should be thrown in jail for your ignorance. :rolleyes:

As long as they get out of my way or burn in hell, and you can join them in their cluster f**k in hell.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why ask me you twit. Ask the cyclists who don't comply. I don't break any road rules when I ride my bike.

What you do in the privacy of your abode with your bicycle which has no seat, is none of anybody's business. And there's no law against that as well.

Last edited:

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal

What does road tax have to do with right to use a public road? :rolleyes:

Then where do those cheapskate cyclist derive their rights (if any) to hog the roads? Cyclists should all burn in hell!

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what if he is in the right? So what if all the drivers are wrong? The worst that can happen for the drivers are for them to go to jail for knocking him down. The worst for him is death. Does it matter whos right or wrong when he is dead?

LauCheeBye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Foreign Talent "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100+ videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg roads.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SingaporeCyclist/videos

To be fair, Locals vs Foreigners aside, one could argue it is more an issue of Cyclists vs Car Drivers, both of whom accuse that the other group "wrongly and selfishly thinks the road belongs to them".

This guy is Greg Sullivan. A chow angmo working in Singapore with an MNC. I think its Unilever.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

there are roads for motorised vehicles and there are sidewalks for pedestrians. cyclists cycle where?

lianbeng replies: PCN - Park Connectors Network! :biggrin: along pedestrian sidewalks coz bicycle is not meant to be on the main road!

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what if he is in the right? So what if all the drivers are wrong? The worst that can happen for the drivers are for them to go to jail for knocking him down. The worst for him is death. Does it matter whos right or wrong when he is dead?

If the argument over who is right or wrong leads to fewer accidents and death, YES, it matters.

Last edited: