• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg roads

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Foreign Talent "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100+ videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg roads.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SingaporeCyclist/videos

To be fair, Locals vs Foreigners aside, one could argue it is more an issue of Cyclists vs Car Drivers, both of whom accuse that the other group "wrongly and selfishly thinks the road belongs to them".

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

there are roads for motorised vehicles and there are sidewalks for pedestrians. cyclists cycle where?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

Honestly speaking, I find Singapore roads rather cycle unfriendly. No cycle lanes nor priority traffic lights given at hazard spots. But as a motorist myself, I do see a lot of crazy behavior by cyclists. Jumping red lights and riding in the opposite direction to the flow of traffic are my particular favorites.

I am surprised that not even more cyclists are killed given the poor driving skills of many singaporeans and bangla drivers.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I must admit that his headgear camera is good, clear and sharp.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

this guy aside.

there is a bunch of ang mo cyclists who love to cycle down the right lane of orchard road. ive seen them a few times, always tell them use the left lane and get the finger.... many more incidents... reality is ALOT of foreign cyclists think they own the road, and make up their own rules in the country in which they are guests of...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

this guy aside.

there is a bunch of ang mo cyclists who love to cycle down the right lane of orchard road. ive seen them a few times, always tell them use the left lane and get the finger.... many more incidents... reality is ALOT of foreign cyclists think they own the road, and make up their own rules in the country in which they are guests of...

Why do you require them to ride in the left lane? Surely the lane they choose should be the one that is appropriate for where they are going.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

from wisma to dhoby ghaut... on the right lane, with no sign of truning right...

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

from wisma to dhoby ghaut... on the right lane, with no sign of truning right...

Road hogging is proscribed under Rule 5 of the Road Traffic Rules, which states that (a) every vehicle which is moving at a slow rate of speed shall be driven as close to the left-hand side of the roadway as possible, and (b) every vehicle shall at all times be driven in such manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed. Breach of that Rule is an offence under Section 131 of the Road Traffic Act, which attracts a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine or 3 months’ imprisonment for the first offence, and a $2,000 fine or 6 months’ imprisonment for a second or subsequent offence. Where a person is convicted of the offence, four demerit points will also be awarded under the Driver Improvement Points System.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

they are ang mos, probably give TP the finger, and TP will accept...

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal

This guy is right man.......really pointed out many of the dangerous habits of
Singapore motorists....one mistake he keep making is he keeps cycling
He should take his own lesson and stop before he is killed. When I was young
I cycled all over singapore, I stopped because I outgrew my bicycle and realise also it
Is hell of a dangerous to be a cyclist in singapore.Today the danger is even higher some of
those drivers they hire from developing countries have low safety awareness....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

They might be intending to turn into Grange Road, Killiney Road or any of the shopping centres on the right. I'd be in the right lane too if I was going to turn right along a one way street.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

they didn't turn....i saw them at the top of orchard at ion, and they were still on the right lane at palza singauura...

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ive seen them a few times, always tell them use the left lane and get the finger.

when they give you finger what do you give back to them ?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

whole bunch of third world drivers!!!!!... and why the hell he stay in sinkieland?? that is what he gets.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

There is nothing fair or not fair.

Cyclist have no rights on the road. They road hog and makes the traffic too slow. The road is already jammed enough and LTA did not take them into consideration in road expansion.

Cyclists expect rights as a motorist who pays taxes but privileges of a pedestrian where motorists must give way to them. They say they are vulnerable, but they put themselves in those situation.

Foreign Talent "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100+ videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg roads.

To be fair, Locals vs Foreigners aside, one could argue it is more an issue of Cyclists vs Car Drivers, both of whom accuse that the other group "wrongly and selfishly thinks the road belongs to them".

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

With many buses stops, car park entrances and taxis on the left lane of that stretch of road, of course it is more dangerous to ride on the left lane. OTOH, for that stretch of road, the right most lane has a lot less traffic.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is nothing fair or not fair.

Cyclist have no rights on the road. They road hog and makes the traffic too slow. The road is already jammed enough and LTA did not take them into consideration in road expansion.

Cyclists expect rights as a motorist who pays taxes but privileges of a pedestrian where motorists must give way to them. They say they are vulnerable, but they put themselves in those situation.
I agree that cyclist should not be on expressway and heavily used roads like Lornie road and even Braddell road. But there are many other roads in singapore that are lightly used, such as changi coast road, upper thomson road, suburb areas etc. You should not generalize.

If I am not wrong, most of cyclist death occurs on these roads with light traffic. Too many drivers are just impatient in their rush to the next traffic light.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Run him off the road, then no more worries about his posting already.