• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg roads

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

So what if he is in the right? So what if all the drivers are wrong? The worst that can happen for the drivers are for them to go to jail for knocking him down. The worst for him is death. Does it matter whos right or wrong when he is dead?

lianbeng replies: YES coz it is a matter of life and death! :biggrin:

SadPlumpGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

If the argument over who is right or wrong leads to fewer accidents and death, YES, it matters.

oh you stupid chickenshit, fuck off please and go back to your own country.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am saying that cycling 2 abreast should be illegal and it is. Someone posted up the road rules in one thread. They cyclists should be on death row. Asshole.
You should argue with context. I would say cycling two abreast on a busy road can be inconsiderate. But doing the same on changi coast road or upper Thomson road is perfectly fine.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You should argue with context. I would say cycling two abreast on a busy road can be inconsiderate. But doing the same on changi coast road or upper Thomson road is perfectly fine.

It's fine on a busy road because the bikes and cars are going at more or less the same speed.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

This guy is Greg Sullivan. A chow angmo working in Singapore with an MNC. I think its Unilever.
I see nothing wrong with this ang moh cycling. Note that all his rides are on less busy roads and he kept to road safety practices. OTOH, many drivers he encountered are clearly bad drivers, especially those on merging lanes.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's fine on a busy road because the bikes and cars are going at more or less the same speed.
Not on roads like Lornie and Braddell. The cars are going at about 50 to 70 kmh. Cyclists average 30 - 45 kmh.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not on roads like Lornie and Braddell. The cars are going at about 50 to 70 kmh.

I will honk any cars going 50 to 70 kmh on Lornie and Braddell road off the road

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When i was taking my 2B license, the instructor gave one very good word of advice. It doesn't matter whose fault, in the end the biker dies/ at disadvantage (physically) in any incident. So just siam first and dont care who wrong or right... wheels don't really care at that moment.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

singapore not a place to cycle. better go to some kampung road in johore and cycle.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That silly FT cyclist should record a video of heavy vehicles which piss him off. :wink:

Let's see... how about a cement truck? :biggrin:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha. Lianbeng is rite. it matters to the family. always good to have some milk powder money.

anyway, just after my last post, i drove to the bank. road was clear for me to make a right turn. dam bangala on a bicycle zoomed past from my blind side on the pedestrian crossing. he could have easily been the dead man with lots of milk powder money... and i could have been the poor guy spending 2 weeks behind bars.

lianbeng replies 1nottiboy: he still got family leh!:biggrin: so it matters lor!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How to implement the rule for 2 different type of roads? Singkie Traffic poodles are that smart.?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tat is why cycling must be banned on roads and if cyclist violate the rules, the book should be thrown at them to ensure compliance by these nut jobs.

hahaha. Lianbeng is rite. it matters to the family. always good to have some milk powder money.

anyway, just after my last post, i drove to the bank. road was clear for me to make a right turn. dam bangala on a bicycle zoomed past from my blind side on the pedestrian crossing. he could have easily been the dead man with lots of milk powder money... and i could have been the poor guy spending 2 weeks behind bars.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Clearly the road in SG is not suitable to cycling. Look at the number of incidents captured by this cyclist alone. Ask the forum owner how often he encounters this kind of thing in NZ. Ban cycling on the road of SG is the way to go to stop all these nonsense. :oIo:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg

IMG_1110[1].JPG

like a boss!

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

our roads are simply not wide enough . they were never built with cyclists in mind. forget the ftrash. he'll end up being another speed bump soon enough

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

our roads are simply not wide enough . they were never built with cyclists in mind. forget the ftrash. he'll end up being another speed bump soon enough

The only thing that's too narrow here is the peoples mind. With a "I'm the king of the road" mindset no road will ever be wide enough.