• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi fishing kakis Kuailan, Cestbon, fenwick etc. Handline is the tool of a traditionalist and for me still the best way to feel a bite. But nowadays we have braided line, so it increases the feel of a fish bite and so thats why fishing with rod & reel has taken off i believe.

The last time I was fishing at Sedili Kechil our Malay boatman uses hand line jigging for selar with 30 hooks, we only use 10 hooks, he pull in 3 times his basket full already, you have to be very skillful to handle 30 hooks full of selars, they jump all over the place...now skill come in play...

And fishing at night for biggies with handline the boatman will out fish us four to one...they are very fast with their hands..if use rod very slow to haul the fish, they fight like hell but off course you'll enjoy the fight too..

cheers

:eek::cool: :biggrin::biggrin:

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
And fishing at night for biggies with handline the boatman will out fish us four to one...they are very fast with their hands..if use rod very slow to haul the fish, they fight like hell but off course you'll enjoy the fight too..

cheers

:eek::cool: :biggrin::biggrin:

What sort of Biggies are you all catching uncle kuailan :smile:

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
any dynamite fishing in singapore? i find this way of fishing should be max efficiency and save time.

Its a NO NO my freind. Haha. It may be efficient in catching fish but its outlawed for very good reasons. People get maimed or killed doing it. Second terrible thing is the reef systems are destroyed causing a chain reaction to cause an ecological disaster.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What sort of Biggies are you all catching uncle kuailan :smile:

We are talking about Golden snapper 5 to 10kg size, Grouper 5kg, Cobia plenty fight like hell untill we gave up, Stingray hugh exceed 20 kg you have to use handline 120 lb Dupont. Nowadays not anymore, due to over fishing...
:rolleyes::cool::eek::eek:

slurpoyster

Alfrescian
Loyal
U608P1T1D16055988F21DT20080804085045.jpg

this ray was reported caught off China news.

SCARY

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very sad to see such a platon eater also not spared. Manta Ray is very graceful in the water, can't understand ppl kill it. In the West i am sure the Commercial Fisherman would release the Manta Ray.

:confused: :mad: :(

You're right bro if it's a shark ( whale shark not included ) i'm still ok with it cos they still attack human occasionally. But a Manta Ray at this size ! It is really sad lor !:( Takes more than half a century at least , to grow this big ....

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Very sad to see such a platon eater also not spared. Manta Ray is very graceful in the water, can't understand ppl kill it. In the West i am sure the Commercial Fisherman would release the Manta Ray.

:confused: :mad: :(

You're right bro if it's a shark ( whale shark not included ) i'm still ok with it cos they still attack human occasionally. But a Manta Ray at this size ! It is really sad lor !:( Takes more than half a century at least , to grow this big ....

I think it was killed by an anchor... An accident...

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Tenggiri is going on a deep sea fishing trip this weekend ! Lets hope he got something to share with us here when he's back:biggrin:

Q

qbe

fishing is more to the kick from the catch rather than the quantity that we catch...if l may say. pulau pemanggil is not a bad place to fish if u get the right boatman and have about three days of time to spare.

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me shared some of my experiences here about fishing in singapore, Many local anglers find that there are no fishes around our water, Its not that I disagreed, but if you know where is the right spot, the catch are as good as making a trip to indonesia or malaysia.
Location 1) sunken wreck out off Tanah Merah/ changi. This wreck is good for Giant Groupa that weight up to 40kgs. The tips here is these giant only come in for shelter during the monsoon season (from nov - jan) They only feed at night. Remember to use steel wire leader

Location 2) 200meter south off sister island (anchor your boat aft towards st john island) Queen fish for fighting thrill. Between 0630 -1000 hrs. (baits tambuan)Best to fight them with handline using hong kong hooks.( from end NOv - end Jan) look out for water surface, if you see tambuan or school of small fishes jumping out of water mean that the school of Queen fish had arrived. You can be busy for the next few hours having no time to light up you cigarette.

Location 3. Back of st John island facing sister island. Look out for the pump room on the island. Just about 50meters away from shore, you will find a spot that suddenly plunge to about 80 feets deep. Red groupers in the days / golden snapper in the night.

Location 4. The fairway between Pulau Bukom and Pasir Panjang port. PS> Only can fish at this spot from 0230hrs to about 0500hrs. (reason: coast guard and MPA all went to take cover and sleep during these hours)
Must be alert and on lookout for ship passing by.( can be heavy traffic on certain nights) Use the drifting methods is safest for quick runaway. This spot never failed me on all my trip, easily more then 8 golden snapper of 2-3 kg in size.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your info bro darememore ! By the way i do all sorts of fishing except fly fishing .

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just trying to bring back this thread to front cos too many new thread up too fast ! Hope to see more fishing kakis here !!