• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went fishing from Ponggol Marina Ah Jiang's yatch very comfortable, spacious,
18 bed to sleep with full aircon, large sitting area, cost for the trip $5000.00

So the organiser invited 17 kakis to cover the cost and fish we caught shared equally
after 3day/2nite we got 2.5 fish shared amongst us!! we venture far away, boat journey took
us 10 hours to our fishing spot.

Similarly we tried Elly Fishing in Tanjong Pinang Trikora, our trip even during opening season catch from
Elly's boat has been poor, this guy is a real businessman, when our catch was poor he smiled!!!

Why? all of us need to buy fish from him!! My fren some time couple of hundred $$ worth of grouper from
him, ikan bilis, sotong, etc!! his business boom but make fishermen like suckers!!

I 'll stop visiting Trikora! next will try out Ah Kiang's boat Wasita at Tanjong Pinang near the ferry terminal.

Just go to one of the fish farm in Ubin $38 /person day trip bring your own lunch and drinks.
Red snapper,grouper and other type of fish.Fish in open water not their farm net enclosure.
owner pick you at changi point in morning and send you back at 3-4 pm.My kaki going this sunday,
I go to one for overnight fishing.caught 15 snapper and 3 grouper all around 1 kg each.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just go to one of the fish farm in Ubin $38 /person day trip bring your own lunch and drinks.
Red snapper,grouper and other type of fish.Fish in open water not their farm net enclosure.
owner pick you at changi point in morning and send you back at 3-4 pm.My kaki going this sunday,
I go to one for overnight fishing.caught 15 snapper and 3 grouper all around 1 kg each.

This very fruitful and meaningful for $38.00 its worth it!
15 snappers and 3 groupers you bid us hollow, we spend $300.00 to $400.00
get 2.5 fish I give up this kind of fishing!!

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro

Can pm me the contact? kum sia

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
This very fruitful and meaningful for $38.00 its worth it!
15 snappers and 3 groupers you bid us hollow, we spend $300.00 to $400.00
get 2.5 fish I give up this kind of fishing!!

No I didnt go to the $38.00 day trip farm,I went to a fish hatchery farm in Ubin.
Only invited by the farm owner for over night fishing.Outsider not allow unless you know
the owner.That trip was fruitful,was with my son,his first time fishing and was hook then.
Might want to help owner look after the farm on some weekend.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone ever went to this breakwater besides the Changi Exhibition Ctr?

Used to go there back then.. My last trip there was in 2009.. Big garoupas can be found there.. Caught a few of them back then..

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone ever went to this breakwater besides the Changi Exhibition Ctr?

Used to go there back then.. My last trip there was in 2009.. Big garoupas can be found there.. Caught a few of them back then..

I saw your lobang a while back and went to recee. Kenna chased out as it's out of bounds! :biggrin:
SG these days beach fishing very jialat - most nights no bites at all. Sigh!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw your lobang a while back and went to recee. Kenna chased out as it's out of bounds! :biggrin:
SG these days beach fishing very jialat - most nights no bites at all. Sigh!

Yup its actually an out of bound area.. Most out bound areas have aplenty of fishes.. Seasoned shore anglers would know the famed Changi Hyundai beach which is of course another restricted area.. That was my my favorite haunt back then during the late 90s, early 2000s..

Another place would be the Tanah Merah beach area besides the Ferry Terminal.. Its an isolated beach.. You need to walk through the forested area.. Go there with few Kakis, the more the better..

Sting rays, Garoupas can be found there if you're lucky..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Zed; besides fishing, that famed Changi Hundai beach was a fave Lovers' haunt too.. :smile:
Remembered once my car got punctured and was stuck in between the webs' of Acacia trees; it finaLLy took my mechanic quite awhiLe to reach me & tow my car out.. :o

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Zed; besides fishing, that famed Changi Hundai beach was a fave Lovers' haunt too.. :smile:
Remembered once my car got punctured and was stuck in between the webs' of Acacia trees; it finaLLy took my mechanic quite awhiLe to reach me & tow my car out.. :o

For sting ray lovers, the last carpark of Changi beach is a damn good place for rays 10 kgs and above.. But must cast your line really really far out into the sea..

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to revive fishing at Sedili Kechil my favourite spot during 1982 to 1990,
also missed Mersing and Palau Aur fishing there!!

Any brothers here still visit these places for fishing?

The other place was Penyabong, my fren Thomas Lim used to share one
kelong at Sri Buat with Ah Seng from Mersing, Ah Seng now up lorry already
for many years, his son Ah Siong (Fat Boy) was a nice and friendly fella who
help operate the kelong, it was blown away during the monsoon season few years
ago! That kelong opposite island was our fishing ground, lots of Sagai, Chermin,
tenggiri, snappers!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to revive fishing at Sedili Kechil my favourite spot during 1982 to 1990,
also missed Mersing and Palau Aur fishing there!!

Any brothers here still visit these places for fishing?

The other place was Penyabong, my fren Thomas Lim used to share one
kelong at Sri Buat with Ah Seng from Mersing, Ah Seng now up lorry already
for many years, his son Ah Siong (Fat Boy) was a nice and friendly fella who
help operate the kelong, it was blown away during the monsoon season few years
ago! That kelong opposite island was our fishing ground, lots of Sagai, Chermin,
tenggiri, snappers!

Sedili was one of my favorite fishing places.. Hired a boat there owned by a Malay Uncle named Aziz.. Fished there from 2002 till 2009..

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fishing was a cheap hobby in the early days!

Way back 1970 I rode a Suzuki 200cc bike with my brother pillion, carry
a 2 long pole with fishing nets strap with steel chain bottom and rubber float
at the top, we would venture catching prawn and when high tide are in,
we would bamboo fishing rod to fish using live prawn to fish for "Kims"
and we would get 2 -3 Kims each trip, cost us nothing, our lunch 10 pcs
prata for 2 person at $1.00 mind you, it was 10cts per piece.
Motorbike petrol cost $2.00
Petrol at time was $2.15cts per gallon (1970)

The place we regularly fish Singapore Royal Yatch Club, Pandan River
now become Pandan Reservoir! SRYC also moved out of this place too!

So inland fishing opportunity becoming lesser and lesser! and we have
to spend big money to fish overseas!