• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Kuailan bro, if you are going for any kelong or sea fishing, can i join you? i am so addicted to fishing now... after few trip to local & malaysia water, i gave up on shore fishing... hehehe..

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any kaki want to make lead fishing sinkers? I have the aluminum mould of different sizes for deep sea fishing. Just buy the lead from tyre shop they will sell cheap!!
Must have a gas burner to melt the lead!

cheers[/QUOTE]

1 of my fishing kaki have some lead, can i borrow the mould from you? thanks.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any kaki want to make lead fishing sinkers? I have the aluminum mould of different sizes for deep sea fishing. Just buy the lead from tyre shop they will sell cheap!!

cheers

1 of my fishing kaki have some lead, can i borrow the mould from you? thanks.[/QUOTE]

I need some sinkers as well I can be loan u plus be your consultant on how to make sinker.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

cheers

1 of my fishing kaki have some lead, can i borrow the mould from you? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Now water cold year end resting period, no fishing. Got to wait till opening season, end Feb or early March 2010.

No more good kelong to fish in Malaysia, my favorite kelong, collapsed
already, Ah Seng from Mersing passed away few years ago. My fren
Thomas Lim MIA??

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal

I need some sinkers as well I can be loan u plus be your consultant on how to make sinker.[/QUOTE]

sure, we can share the sinker once is made. i will PM you my contact. thanks

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Up the post. Since fishing season is coming.
Now sun really powerful. Cannot tahan the heat wave anymore.

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just trying to bring back this thread ........... anyone from fishing Kaki? it seem the site is down. i cant log in....

xyhan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to go fishing in Ipoh at abandoned tin mines and natural ponds near Kampar... We sometimes catch ' LEY YU " , sometimes Toman as well.
It ranges from half kg to sometimes as big as 2 kg.. But every trip lasting 2 days will certainly get about at least 20 fishes per day. We would use live frogs ( whenever it rains the night before ) and earth worms.

So happened to go there around ' CHING MING ' , MID AUTUMN , AND CHINESE YEAR YEAR time...

With the fishes caught, my friend would make it into Yong Dao Fu or deep fry them... But lately some 3 years till now, the fishes there are getting lesser and lesser...

Its just some happy memories that I just remembered after coming across this thread.

Happy Fishing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Now water cold year end resting period, no fishing. Got to wait till opening season, end Feb or early March 2010.

Thomas Lim MIA??[/QUOTE]

Are there anymore traditional kelongs around? I am not talking about those fake kelongs that cater only to anglers, and don't even have a net. I am talking about the traditional kelongs that lure the fish in with a lantern at night, and than have a net that they pull up and catch all manners of fish and crab,e tc.

xyhan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thomas Lim MIA??

Are there anymore traditional kelongs around? I am not talking about those fake kelongs that cater only to anglers, and don't even have a net. I am talking about the traditional kelongs that lure the fish in with a lantern at night, and than have a net that they pull up and catch all manners of fish and crab,e tc.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Tekong or Changi area.. I am sure that there are some Traditional Kelongs there..

xyhan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is so nice to be able to talk in such a calm thread... I have had a very crazy week of Bombardment from all angles for just giving some of my two cents worth on what I originally thought to be a harmless advise on Showing Repsect to the deceased.

Cheers.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is so nice to be able to talk in such a calm thread... I have had a very crazy week of Bombardment from all angles for just giving some of my two cents worth on what I originally thought to be a harmless advise on Showing Repsect to the deceased.

Cheers.

r u a mudlandsian???

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Have you tried Tekong or Changi area.. I am sure that there are some Traditional Kelongs there..

I thought all the traditional kelongs in the Changi area were cleared off when they build Changi International. I never noticed any in the Tekong area.