• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought all the traditional kelongs in the Changi area were cleared off when they build Changi International. I never noticed any in the Tekong area.

The last couple of kelongs were somewhere between Ubin and Johor. They were still there in the mid 2000s. I'm not sure if they're still there now.

xyhan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last couple of kelongs were somewhere between Ubin and Johor. They were still there in the mid 2000s. I'm not sure if they're still there now.

Maybe you can try asking those Boatmen at Changi Point... They should be able to tell you where to go for fishing or any Traditional Kelongs' existence.

Happy Fishing.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
All gone with the wind! No kelongs but fish farms ard tekong n ubin but u can visit traditional kelongs across the border like Pangerang n Kukup! Sibu kelongs are much more fun with better facilities for a family get-away!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
All gone with the wind! No kelongs but fish farms ard tekong n ubin but u can visit traditional kelongs across the border like Pangerang n Kukup! Sibu kelongs are much more fun with better facilities for a family get-away!

Ever gone to one kelong which is on the Malaysian side of the Johore Straits. Need to go Penggerang immigration to get passport stamped, then travel westwards towards Causeway passing P Ubin. It's somewhere off Punggol I think.

But catch no good - whole night just managed to get some baby garoupa. I think water not very good. But can buy live fish from the kelong which they keep below. About same price as Singapore Sheng Shiong supermart. Just enjoy the quiet of the place at night with friends, and BBQ or steamboat with fresh seafood from the owner.

The waters off P Tekong also no good because of land reclamation. Got a number of cat fish, when they swam on course.

Those kelongs in Lim Chu Kang I think got no licence to host people for fishing, unless got lobang and do it on the quiet - not to wake up the coast guards nearby.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
you may want to try kelong acheh at pernianbong just btwn mersing and endau rompin. lots of free flowing fresh water. there's a website for it try google kelong acheh

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
The waters off P Tekong also no good because of land reclamation. Got a number of cat fish, when they swam on course.

Those kelongs in Lim Chu Kang I think got no licence to host people for fishing, unless got lobang and do it on the quiet - not to wake up the coast guards nearby.
Yah bro, local fish farms are not allowed to engage fishing activities. It's stipulated by AVA....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah bro, local fish farms are not allowed to engage fishing activities. It's stipulated by AVA....

If it's convenient for you, can go to Kallang River @ ABC Waterfront (Kallang Bahru section). Nice beautiful scenic fishing, cycling, exercising and pinicking park there as the MP there is other other than Minister for Water Resources Yaacob Ibrahim. Also if you don't mind the fish around there are usually only Jap fish and catfish if you're lucky.

Even LKY visited a couple of months ago. :biggrin:

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks Ram! I prefer deep sea fishing...yah, tink will get my kid to jog with me someday at Kallang! Hahaha, my group was held up by the MPA while fishing at the naval base back in the old days when MPA head-quarter was at Kallang! We were having a good time reeling up fishes n 4gotten the boundary! Hahaha...good ole days!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
you may want to try kelong acheh at pernianbong just btwn mersing and endau rompin. lots of free flowing fresh water. there's a website for it try google kelong acheh

I will look for their website, thanks for the great idea.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Ever gone to one kelong which is on the Malaysian side of the Johore Straits. Need to go Penggerang immigration to get passport stamped, then travel westwards towards Causeway passing P Ubin. It's somewhere off Punggol I think.

But catch no good - whole night just managed to get some baby garoupa. I think water not very good. But can buy live fish from the kelong which they keep below. About same price as Singapore Sheng Shiong supermart. Just enjoy the quiet of the place at night with friends, and BBQ or steamboat with fresh seafood from the owner.

Do you remember how much was the cost? Fresh seafood eaten in a kelong with the open air atmosphere is the best seafood I ever had.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you remember how much was the cost? Fresh seafood eaten in a kelong with the open air atmosphere is the best seafood I ever had.
Yes, the steamboat was heavenly. Sorry can't remember cost, but must go in organised groups to be cost-effective. No regular bumboat, and also a distance to and from immigration at Penggerang - quite troublesome actually. May be better there is a better contact through Malaysian side, may be cheaper and more convenient.

The restaurant at Kong Kong village (along western side of Johore River) provide some facilities for people to eat, fish and sleep there. More adventurous and farther distance, can go to the other side - Teluk Sengat. Also got seafood restaurant and fishing.

http://forum.onemotoring.com.sg/mvnforum/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=6869

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
todays fishing trip really cost an arm and a leg!
example Ponggol Marina fishing charter 3day 2night easily cost $3800.00
and bigger boat cost $5000.00 excluding extra that you brought along!!

Plus parking charges that will cost you $18.00, the worst is Changi Ferry Terminal
car park charges $20.00 per day, so the 3 day fishing at TP will cost you!

I have been fishing for along time since petrol price was on the rise, boat charter
fee has gone up in tandem...still remember late 90s we pay $1800 for 3 days
of fruitfull fishing share by 9 to 10 kakis!!

Not any more!! today you have to spend $300.00 to $450.00 for the trip and
probably bring home 2 fish!!

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
todays fishing trip really cost an arm and a leg!
example Ponggol Marina fishing charter 3day 2night easily cost $3800.00
and bigger boat cost $5000.00 excluding extra that you brought along!!

Plus parking charges that will cost you $18.00, the worst is Changi Ferry Terminal
car park charges $20.00 per day, so the 3 day fishing at TP will cost you!

I have been fishing for along time since petrol price was on the rise, boat charter
fee has gone up in tandem...still remember late 90s we pay $1800 for 3 days
of fruitfull fishing share by 9 to 10 kakis!!

Not any more!! today you have to spend $300.00 to $450.00 for the trip and
probably bring home 2 fish!!

For sea fishing that more than 30km from land if only get 2 fish each person for 2 day and night fishing than that is suck normally will have more than 10 fish each person or more than 20kg.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i fish at the nearby big longkang....................consider as fishing ?

not using any pole.................just the string.....................no bait some more................

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just went fishing from Ponggol Marina Ah Jiang's yatch very comfortable, spacious,
18 bed to sleep with full aircon, large sitting area, cost for the trip $5000.00

So the organiser invited 17 kakis to cover the cost and fish we caught shared equally
after 3day/2nite we got 2.5 fish shared amongst us!! we venture far away, boat journey took
us 10 hours to our fishing spot.

Similarly we tried Elly Fishing in Tanjong Pinang Trikora, our trip even during opening season catch from
Elly's boat has been poor, this guy is a real businessman, when our catch was poor he smiled!!!

Why? all of us need to buy fish from him!! My fren some time couple of hundred $$ worth of grouper from
him, ikan bilis, sotong, etc!! his business boom but make fishermen like suckers!!

I 'll stop visiting Trikora! next will try out Ah Kiang's boat Wasita at Tanjong Pinang near the ferry terminal.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just went fishing from Ponggol Marina Ah Jiang's yatch very comfortable, spacious,
18 bed to sleep with full aircon, large sitting area, cost for the trip $5000.00

So the organiser invited 17 kakis to cover the cost and fish we caught shared equally
after 3day/2nite we got 2.5 fish shared amongst us!! we venture far away, boat journey took
us 10 hours to our fishing spot.

Similarly we tried Elly Fishing in Tanjong Pinang Trikora, our trip even during opening season catch from
Elly's boat has been poor, this guy is a real businessman, when our catch was poor he smiled!!!

Why? all of us need to buy fish from him!! My fren some time couple of hundred $$ worth of grouper from
him, ikan bilis, sotong, etc!! his business boom but make fishermen like suckers!!

I 'll stop visiting Trikora! next will try out Ah Kiang's boat Wasita at Tanjong Pinang near the ferry terminal.

I not going to Tanjung Pinang fishing trip any more. Before 5 year ago really good.Price and service is good.
Now they asking for higher price nearly double and not much fish mostly Ah Seng/Cobia.