• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Chee Soon Juan tonight May Day Rally

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am afraid PM Lee has lost it. He was not properly advised. Instead he has scooped to character assassination to 'warn' the BB residents of Chee. This may work in the old days of LKY. But in today's age of enlightenment, such form of politics is not going to work. Voters are not stupid. They have seen it all. The moment you go down with gutter politics, you show that you are afraid of losing. In fact, you have already lost morally, even if you win in the polls. There is no glory if that is the kind of victory that PAP seeks.

I do believe that if Chee has taken a non-political path, he would have done well in life and his family won't have to suffer much.

[Admin]: Quote from Dr Chee's speech:

"I had a choice. I made that choice. I chose to stay. I chose to concentrate on my political work here in Singapore which included reading up about the political system, the education system, the economy, the CPF system and so on because I wanted to be knowledgeable about them.

And then I started writing about these matters and published several books: Dare To Change, Singapore My Home Too, Your Future My Faith Our Freedom, A Nation Cheated and the latest Democratically Speaking. Some of the ideas in these books went into the SDP's policy papers that you see today – many of the ideas, I might add, have been copied by the PAP...

And that's why I find it really in bad taste when Ms Grace Fu and Mr Lee Hsien Loong try to tell you that because I don't make a lot of money like them, then I'm not working and therefore cannot take care of Bukit Batok.

The truth is that I have been working every single day to not just keep the SDP together but build it up, and to think and propose and write about ideas for Singapore. I just have not asked to be paid or paid a lot."

jw5

Loyal
I do believe that if Chee has taken a non-political path, he would have done well in life and his family won't have to suffer much.

[Admin]: Quote from Dr Chee's speech:

"I had a choice. I made that choice. I chose to stay. I chose to concentrate on my political work here in Singapore which included reading up about the political system, the education system, the economy, the CPF system and so on because I wanted to be knowledgeable about them.

And then I started writing about these matters and published several books: Dare To Change, Singapore My Home Too, Your Future My Faith Our Freedom, A Nation Cheated and the latest Democratically Speaking. Some of the ideas in these books went into the SDP's policy papers that you see today – many of the ideas, I might add, have been copied by the PAP...

And that's why I find it really in bad taste when Ms Grace Fu and Mr Lee Hsien Loong try to tell you that because I don't make a lot of money like them, then I'm not working and therefore cannot take care of Bukit Batok.

The truth is that I have been working every single day to not just keep the SDP together but build it up, and to think and propose and write about ideas for Singapore. I just have not asked to be paid or paid a lot."

Very good reply from Dr Chee. In addition, his family seems very happy and together. That can only happen if the father/husband is of good character. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
SDP will have a stall to raise funds. Please buy some stuff or make a donation. Help the oppos means less help to pappies.

We should help and vote opposition until pappies become the opposition. Then when that happens, evaluate again. :wink: