• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Oppie Chee Trying To Rip Off Sinkies With $100 Homemade Mashed Potatoes! Bukit Batok Residents Sibei Sianz That They Can't Get Rid Of Him!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP chief Chee Soon Juan's void deck event requires permit due to being "cause-based", says police - The Online Citizen Asia
Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan’s void deck event at a Bukit Batok HDB block requires a permit, as it is “a cause-based” one, said police on Saturday (27 Feb).

Police have stated that all activities deemed “non-essential” — including such cause-based ones — are restricted during the COVID-19 pandemic to encourage safe distancing.

The event, which was supposed to be held at the void deck at Block 192 Bukit Batok West Ave 6 today, was targeted at help residents collect more signatures for a petition to be submitted to the Jurong-Clementi Town Council (JRTC).

The petition concerns urging JRTC to build a pavement from Block 194 to Block 187 instead of leaving pedestrians having to walk on the road with passing vehicles.

This was originally slated to take place from 2 pm to 4 pm today.

Dr Chee and his team were already present at Block 299 on Friday night to help residents gather signatures for the petition.

“The response was enthusiastic and overwhelming as many have used the route and agree that it is not safe for residents to walk on the road,” he said.

Despite the warm response, Dr Chee noted that “in the last couple of weeks, we have not been able to visit all the blocks”.

“Also, many of you were not home when I came a-calling over the several occasions,” he said, before urging residents to support the initiative by signing the petition, which will be submitted to the Town Council after the session.

“Even if you’ve signed the petition, come by anyway. I’d love to see you again and have coffee with you (will have some on standby),” said Dr Chee.

In a live video on his Facebook page today, Dr Chee said, following the police’s move to prohibit the event: “The next best thing for me to do is to go up to residents and continue with this exercise of helping residents collect (their) signatures.”

“I won’t be here at the void deck, even though I’ve already prepared this coffee here. But, you know, later on, if we have some time … Just come down and chat. I’d love to hear from you,” he added.

Dr Chee explained that experts have communicated to him that a pathway can be constructed for the residents in the specific area.

“Some of the reasons that the Town Council has given is, “Look, you have these lamp posts here, and it is expensive to construct a walkway, and then there’s an existing path for residents to walk on.”

“But the problem is that when you have to walk under the blocks, think of parents with children, or people having groceries to carry, and if they have to use this block, the route underneath the blocks you’re talking about is a very convoluted pathway and a very long alternative route to get to work,” he said.

Dr Chee said that it is possible to build a “simple concrete pavement for residents here for safety reasons”, which does not take a lot to do.

“This is a much needed, much-used walkway … The residents have been clamouring for this for years,” he said.

Dr Chee added that some residents have also indicated that a proper concrete pathway does not exist at another walkway on the other side of Avenue 1 at Block 299 and 296.

“Not even a sheltered walkway, just a concrete pathway for them to work on … They have to navigate and manoeuvre in between cars and that’s a dangerous situation again.

“If you are able-bodied, maybe that’s not a problem, but think of elderly folks and wheelchair-bound people, or parents having to push their children on strollers,” he stressed.

JRTC in a Facebook post on Thursday said that it will “evaluate the proposal” on the grounds of safety and other considerations such as access for mobility challenged residents, site conditions, costs, and so on.

“Over the years we have built many amenities, including walkways, thanks to your feedback and support,” said the town council.

Share this:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP’s Chee Soon Juan urges MP Murali Pillai to personally address Bukit Batok residents over TC’s refusal to build sidewalk in the ward
by The Online Citizen
05/03/2021
in Politics
Reading Time: 3min read
SDP’s Chee Soon Juan urges MP Murali Pillai to personally address Bukit Batok residents over TC’s refusal to build sidewalk in the ward

Singapore Democratic Party’s (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan took to Facebook on Friday (5 March) to urge Bukit Batok Member of Parliament (MP) Murali Pillai to address the residents over Jurong-Clementi Town Council (JRTC) refusal to build a sidewalk along the service road between Blk 190-193.
In an earlier post, Dr Chee had highlighted that a resident was hit by a vehicle while she was walking on the abovementioned service road as there isn’t an accompanying sidewalk on that particular road.
Another resident also told Dr Chee it’s “just a matter of time before an accident happens” at the area after observing the situation for years.
As such, residents living in the area have been requesting JRTC to build a sidewalk and a large number of them have signed a petition and submitted it to the Town Council (TC) on Saturday (27 February), Dr Chee said.
However, TC’s General Manager Jeffrey Wong listed a number of considerations that have to be made before building the sidewalk. He cited six factors which include safety, that the walkway must serve mobility challenged residents, if there are existing walkways that can be used by residents, that the walkway is wide enough for everyone, if there are challenges to build due to presence of trees, lamp-posts and uneven terrain, as well as cost.
“One can only hope that the TC is sincere when it says that it “will review and study” the matter,” said Dr Chee.
He added, “But one cannot also help but be suspicious that the TC made the above list in order to shoot down the idea. This is because it has repeatedly said no in the past by citing the above as reasons.”
If that’s not all, the SDP’s chief also questioned Mr Murali’s “conspicuous absence in the matter”.

“He needs to come out and say clearly to the residents whether he supports the building of the sidewalk.
“No one elected Mr Wong. Mr Murali, on the other hand, is the elected representative and should, therefore, assume the key role in the matter,” expressed Dr Chee.
He also pointed out that it was Mr Murali who asked residents to support the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme during the elections, and that he should not leave the TC to just handle the matter without showing any concerns on behalf of the residents.
“Good or bad, comfortable or uncomfortable, he must now not act as if the matter doesn’t concern him and leave it to a bureaucrat to front it. At the minimum, he should meet with the residents directly and hear for himself their concerns,” noted Dr Chee.
He continued, “I have taken the trouble to meet with them individually and they have expressed – overwhelmingly – their desire to have the sidewalk built.’”
“A face-to-face meeting would also allow residents to gauge whether the MP is indeed sincere in ‘reviewing’ and ‘studying’ the feasibility of the project or whether the whole thing is an exercise to justify its rejection.”
Dr Chee concluded by saying that the residents need to hear from their MP Mr Murali as this is a questions of “transparency, of accountability, of leadership”.

It is time that Mr Murali addresses the residents regarding the refusal to build a sidewalk along the service road between Blks 190-193.
The Jurong-Clementi Town Council (JRTC)’s GM, Mr Jeffrey Wong, has come up with a list of what he says are “considerations” regarding the construction of the walkway. He cites six factors:
1. safety
2. that the walkway also serves mobility challenged residents
3. existing routes
4. that the walkway is wide enough
5. presence of trees, lamp-posts and uneven terrain
6. cost
One can only hope that the TC is sincere when it says that it “will review and study” the matter.
But one cannot also help but be suspicious that the TC made the above list in order to shoot down the idea. This is because it has repeatedly said no in the past by citing the above as reasons.
This is why I have provided irrefutable arguments in a point-by-point rebuttal to the TC’s list (www.facebook.com/cheesoonjuan/posts/266557791507166). The factors raised simply do not and cannot stand on merit. It is also why I say that they are mere excuses, not valid reasons.
Equally important, however, is Mr Murali’s conspicuous absence in the matter. He needs to come out and say clearly to the residents whether he supports the building of the sidewalk.
No one elected Mr Wong. Mr Murali, on the other hand, is the elected representative and should, therefore, assume the key role in the matter.
Mr Murali was the one who asked the residents for support for the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme during the elections. Good or bad, comfortable or uncomfortable, he must now not act as if the matter doesn’t concern him and leave it to a bureaucrat to front it.
At the minimum, he should meet with the residents directly and hear for himself their concerns. I have taken the trouble to meet with them individually and they have expressed – overwhelmingly – their desire to have the sidewalk built.’
A face-to-face meeting would also allow residents to gauge whether the MP is indeed sincere in “reviewing” and “studying” the feasibility of the project or whether the whole thing is an exercise to justify its rejection.
This is a question of transparency, of accountability, of leadership. The residents need to hear from their MP.
#BukitBatok #SDP #CSJ #CSJforBukitBatok #BBHereIStand

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who did the residents of BB vote for?

SDP's Dr Chee Soon Juan relays BB resident's frustrating experience with MP Murali Pillai at MPS; MP was 'rude' and 'sarcastic' - The Online Citizen Asia
SDP’s Dr Chee Soon Juan relays BB resident’s frustrating experience with MP Murali Pillai at MPS; MP was ‘rude’ and ‘sarcastic’

by kathleen
19/03/2021
Reading Time: 4 mins read
SDP’s Dr Chee Soon Juan relays BB resident’s frustrating experience with MP Murali Pillai at MPS; MP was ‘rude’ and ‘sarcastic’

Relaying the story of a frustrated Bukit Batok (BB) resident, Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) Secretary-General Dr Chee Soon Juan reiterated his stance that Members of Parliament (MPs) should be full-time positions.
He said in a Facebook post on Friday (19 March), “As I indicated during the GE last year, MPs should go full-time. This would allow them to hold more than one MPS a week – and not only during the evenings – to cut down on waiting time for residents.”
The story was of a Bukit Batok resident named Salim bin Said who wrote to Dr Chee about a matter that he hoped the constituency’s MP Murali Pillai would help him with.
“Unfortunately, according to Mr Salim at least, after waiting for 2.5 hours at an MPS (Meet-the-People Session) to see the MP, his request was not attended to,” Dr Chee wrote.
He then asked, “Why do MPs, working part-time only but drawing a salary of $16k a month, make residents suffer such a time-wasting ordeal just to seek assistance?”
Dr Chee also reproduced Mr Salim’s letter in full within the post.
The letter details Mr Salim’s and his daughter’s trip to a Meet-the People-Session (MPS) on 5 March to see Mr Murali and ask for help with his case. Mr Salim noted that he was told to attend the MPS as they wanted to assist him with his case of appealing for re-employment.
Given that only one person was allowed to enter the meeting area due to COVID-19 safety restrictions, Mr Salim’s daughter went in to represent him.
“After about 45 minutes of waiting, it was our turn,” recounted Mr Salim in his letter to Dr Chee.
“According to my daughter, the officer took notes of what the issue was. After which, the officer suggested to speak to MP Murali further with regards to the matter.
“We were hopeful,” he added.
However, they were told by the same officer that they would need to wait a little longer. At this point, they asked the officer what action would be taken with regards to Mr Salim’s case.
“…the officer gave us a glimpse of hope that they may write in to the company with regards to the matter as I failed to get through with union and MOM previously,” wrote Mr Salim.
In total, Mr Salim and his daughter had to wait for two and a half hours before they finally saw Mr Murali.
However, Mr Murali was not as helpful as they hoped he would be.
“To her utter disappointment, Mr Murali did not even mention about the action taken for the matter at all which is what we are waiting to hear,” recounted Mr Salim.
“He merely told my daughter to advice me to come for a career fair or job exhibition at the community centre. That’s all.”
“After probing further about how MP Murali will help to get me re-employed, he sternly re-emphasized about the career fair which is obviously not answering our question.”
Mr Murali then instructed Mr Salim’s daughter to call her father in as “he thought that my daughter didn’t answer what he was trying to imply,” said Mr Salim.
“As my daughter went out, he quickly barged out and called me in. He then explain the same to me just like what he told my daughter,” he added.
“He was very rude in his reply and used a sarcastic tone as I tried to explain that he is not answering my query at all. He kept repeating the career fair over and over again,” the BB resident lamented.
Noting his frustration over the less than satisfactory encounter, Mr Salim said he was hoping that Mr Murali would, at least, write in to the company to appeal for re-employment on behalf of Mr Salim.
An exasperated Mr Salim went on in his letter, “What is the point of making us wait for 2.5 hours and gave us a standard reply which could be done over email. He should have just emailed us that less than 1-minute reply and not get us to come over MPS for nothing.
“Worst, they made us wait for 2.5 hours. He could have told us he is not able to assist but will try to write in to the company. But no, he did not at all.”
Mr Salim added that this incident has affected him and his daughter “emotionally” as they felt like they were “fools to come for the MPS and get ridiculed by them.”
He also said that it was “a shame” that his daughter had to witness this of the People’s Action Party (PAP), adding that this was their first time meeting their MP at an MPS and that it will also be their last.
“We were surprised to be treated in that manner. We did not expect such treatment from the MP,” he continued.
Mr Salim concluded, “With this experience, [Mr Murali] is definitely not suited to be the MP and represent Bukit Batok.”
Share this:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
BB resident Salim bin Said wrote to... - Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全
BB resident Salim bin Said wrote to me regarding a matter he had hoped Mr Murali would help him with. Unfortunately, according to Mr Salim at least, after waiting for 2.5 hours at an MPS (Meet-the-People Session) to see the MP, his request was not attended to.
Why do MPs, working part-time only but drawing a salary of $16k a month, make residents suffer such a time-wasting ordeal just to seek assistance? As I indicated during the GE last year, MPs should go full-time. This would allow them to hold more than one MPS a week – and not only during the evenings – to cut down on waiting time for residents.
Below is Mr Salim’s letter in full.
Dear Dr Chee,
I hope you are well.
I am a resident of Bukit Batok. On Friday (5th March 2021), we were told to come for the MPS as they wanted to assist me with my case (Appeal for re-employment).
My daughter had represented me as they only allowed one person to enter the meeting area.
After about 45 minutes of waiting, it was our turn. According to my daughter, the officer took notes of what the issue was. After which, the officer suggested to speak to MP Murali further with regards to the matter. We were hopeful.
While waiting, the same officer had approached us to inform that we had to wait a little longer. We asked the officer what will the action taken with regards to the matter and the officer gave us a glimpse of hope that they may write in to the company with regards to the matter as I failed to get through with union and MOM previously.
After 2.5 hours of waiting, my daughter went in to speak to Mr Murali. To her utter disappointment, Mr Murali did not even mention about the action taken for the matter at all which is what we are waiting to hear. He merely told my daughter to advice me to come for a career fair or job exhibition at the community centre. That's all. After probing further about how MP Murali will help to get me re-employed, he sternly re-emphasized about the career fair which is obviously not answering our question. MP Murali then instructed my daughter to call me in as he thought that my daughter didn't understand what he was trying to imply.
As my daughter went out, he quickly barged out and called me in. He then explain the same to me just like what he told my daughter. He was very rude in his reply and used a sarcastic tone as I tried to explain that he is not answering my query at all. He kept repeating the career fair over and over again.
I was frustrated as we came to the MPS with the purpose that he will assist to write in to the company (at least). What is the point of making us wait for 2.5 hours and gave us a standard reply which could be done over email. He should have just emailed us that less than 1-minute reply and not get us to come over MPS for nothing. Worst, they made us wait for 2.5 hours. He could have told us he is not able to assist but will try to write in to the company. But no, he did not at all.
This had affected us emotionally as we felt like we were fooled to come for the MPS and get ridiculed by them. It is a shame that my daughter had to witness this of PAP. It was our first time meeting the MPS and it will be our last. We were surprised to be treated in that manner. We did not expect such treatment from the MP.
I am sharing this true incident to you and let me know if you wish to know more of the above-matter.
With this experience, he is definitely not suited to be the MP and represent Bukit Batok.
Yours sincerely,
Salim Bin Said

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theindependent
MPs was sarcastic and did not answer his query, says resident
162188148_10161468138103849_4059537608235400765_o.jpeg
Photo: FB / Chee Soon Juan
Author
- Advertisement -
Singapore — A resident from Bukit Batok wrote to Chee Soon Juan asking if he could help because, even after waiting for two-and-a half hours, he could not get his MP to act on his request.
In a Facebook post on Friday (Mar 19), the Singapore Democratic Party’s (SDP) secretary-general wrote that the resident, Mr Salim bin Said, griped that even “after waiting for 2.5 hours at an MPS (Meet-the-People Session) to see the MP, his request was not attended to”.
Stressing that MPs should work full-time, Dr Chee asked: “Why do MPs, working part-time only but drawing a salary of $16k a month, make residents suffer such a time-wasting ordeal just to seek assistance?”
- Advertisement -
Dr Chee shared the letter that Mr Salim wrote.
Mr Salim was trying to seek help from his Member of Parliament, Mr Murali Pillai. He added that his daughter had represented him as only one person was allowed to enter the meeting area.
“After about 45 minutes of waiting, it was our turn. According to my daughter, the officer took notes of what the issue was. After which, the officer suggested to speak to MP Murali further with regards to the matter. We were hopeful,” Mr Salim wrote to Dr Chee.
Mr Salim added that when his daughter went in to speak to Mr Murali after two-and-a-half hours of waiting, “Mr Murali did not even mention about the action taken for the matter at all which is what we are waiting to hear.”
“As my daughter went out, he (Mr Murali) quickly barged out and called me in. He then explain the same to me just like what he told my daughter. He was very rude in his reply and used a sarcastic tone as I tried to explain that he is not answering my query at all. He kept repeating the career fair over and over again,” Mr Salim added.
Mr Salim wrote that the entire ordeal had affected them emotionally as they were hoping that Mr Murali might put in a word for him at the company where he was seeking a job.
“With this experience, he is definitely not suited to be the MP and represent Bukit Batok”, wrote Mr Salim.
TISG has reached out to Mr Murali for comment and clarification. /TISGFollow us on Social Media
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Email
Send in your scoops to [email protected]
- Advertisement -

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theindependent
MPs was sarcastic and did not answer his query, says resident
162188148_10161468138103849_4059537608235400765_o.jpeg
Author
- Advertisement -
Singapore — A resident from Bukit Batok wrote to Chee Soon Juan asking if he could help because, even after waiting for two-and-a half hours, he could not get his MP to act on his request.
In a Facebook post on Friday (Mar 19), the Singapore Democratic Party’s (SDP) secretary-general wrote that the resident, Mr Salim bin Said, griped that even “after waiting for 2.5 hours at an MPS (Meet-the-People Session) to see the MP, his request was not attended to”.
Stressing that MPs should work full-time, Dr Chee asked: “Why do MPs, working part-time only but drawing a salary of $16k a month, make residents suffer such a time-wasting ordeal just to seek assistance?”
- Advertisement -
Dr Chee shared the letter that Mr Salim wrote.
Mr Salim was trying to seek help from his Member of Parliament, Mr Murali Pillai. He added that his daughter had represented him as only one person was allowed to enter the meeting area.
“After about 45 minutes of waiting, it was our turn. According to my daughter, the officer took notes of what the issue was. After which, the officer suggested to speak to MP Murali further with regards to the matter. We were hopeful,” Mr Salim wrote to Dr Chee.
Mr Salim added that when his daughter went in to speak to Mr Murali after two-and-a-half hours of waiting, “Mr Murali did not even mention about the action taken for the matter at all which is what we are waiting to hear.”
“As my daughter went out, he (Mr Murali) quickly barged out and called me in. He then explain the same to me just like what he told my daughter. He was very rude in his reply and used a sarcastic tone as I tried to explain that he is not answering my query at all. He kept repeating the career fair over and over again,” Mr Salim added.
Mr Salim wrote that the entire ordeal had affected them emotionally as they were hoping that Mr Murali might put in a word for him at the company where he was seeking a job.
“With this experience, he is definitely not suited to be the MP and represent Bukit Batok”, wrote Mr Salim.
TISG has reached out to Mr Murali for comment and clarification. /TISGFollow us on Social Media
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Email
- Advertisement -
I wonder who this m&d vote for?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP chief Dr Chee Soon Juan urges JRTC to fix lifts that opens at every floor in Blk 621
by kathleen
25/03/2021
in Community, Current Affairs, Housing
Reading Time: 1 min read
SDP chief Dr Chee Soon Juan urges JRTC to fix lifts that opens at every floor in Blk 621

Persevering with his mission to serve Bukit Batok, Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief, Chee Soon Juan highlighted another resident report on an infrastructure issue in the constituency.
Specifically, it appears that the lifts at Blk 621 in BB Central are on “autopilot”, stopping at every floor even when no one hit the button for that floor.
Sharing a video on his Facebook page on Wednesday (24 Mar) sent to Dr Chee by the resident showing the lift stopping at every floor, the veteran politician said in the caption, “Those living on the upper floors must be tearing their hair out.”
The video shows the lift door opening on the second, fifth, 13th, and 14th floors despite the button for those floors not being pressed.
The man filming the video can be heard saying, “Lift upgrading. All the three lifts are stopping on every floor, and my poor neighbour here is pressing the ‘door close’ button on every floor.”
He then urged the Jurong-Clementi Town Council (JRTC) to “get it fixed”.
Also read: 7 questionable infrastructure projects in Bukit Batok highlighted by SDP’s Chee Soon Juan

Share this:
https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/20...x-lifts-that-opens-at-every-floor-in-blk-621/

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
If SDP soo good.,.,...why this buggers never vote for them?

Mdm Jessie Seah and her 100-year-old mother grateful for help from SDP

Her mum wanted to leave nursing home and go home, SDP found a lawyer to help them
Photo: Facebook/ Bryan Lim Boon Heng (林文兴)

https://www.sammyboy.com/whatsapp:/...0-year-old-mother-grateful-for-help-from-sdp/
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...0-year-old-mother-grateful-for-help-from-sdp/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...grateful-for-help-from-sdp/&via=Independentsg
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...00-year-old+mother+grateful+for+help+from+SDP
https://theindependent.sg/mdm-jessie-seah-and-her-100-year-old-mother-grateful-for-help-from-sdp/#
AUTHOR
Denise Teh
DATE
March 26, 2021
CATEGORY
Home NewsFeatured NewsSG Politics

- Advertisement -
Singapore — An elderly lady and her centenarian mother went through an ordeal to seek legal assistance, and finally found help through the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP).

I HAD LUNCH WITH MDM JESSIE SEAH (HTTPS://FB.WATCH/4RCWJ6ACA9/) WEEKS AGO & ALSO VISITED HER CENTURY OLD MUM.
MDM SEAH…
POSTED BY BRYAN LIM BOON HENG (林文兴) ON WEDNESDAY, 24 MARCH 2021
Mdm Jessie Seah, 73, had wanted to fulfil her 100-year-old mother’s wish to go home. However, the nursing home and her siblings stood in the way.
She shared in a video that she had first approached her MP and many other people for help. Sadly, no one had been able to offer her adequate assistance.
After being disappointed by the lack of aid, she had gone to seek out Mr Bryan Lim, the SDP candidate for the Marsiling-Yew Tee constituency. She had seen many Facebook posts of him helping residents, and thought that he would be able to give her the aid she required.

- Advertisement -
Mdm Seah had gone to visit the SDP office to look for Mr Lim, even asking neighbours, the building management and security guards for his contact details. Eventually, she managed to obtain the SDP Marsiling – Yew Tee GRC number from Facebook and spoke to Team Captain Daves Chun K Wong.
When the team captain relayed her plight to Mr Lim, the team had a quick discussion on contacting their legal contacts to help Mdm Seah. A kind-hearted lawyer eventually took up the case. Throughout the proceedings, Mr Lim was kept informed.
Mdm Seah’s mother was released from the nursing home early this year (2021). It was a huge relief as she had threatened to commit suicide in the nursing home, and Mdm Seah had suffered sleepless nights for months.
Mr Lim had taken time off a few weeks ago to eat lunch with Mdm Seah, as well as check on her mother.
FB-capture-1-6.jpg
Mdm Jessie Seah and her 100 year old mother, Photo: Facebook/ Singapore Democratic Party (SDP)
She said that she is very grateful to the SDP for aiding her in this stressful incident.
Denise Teh is an intern at The Independent SG. /TISGFollow us on Social Media

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theindependent
The party will continue walkabouts
FB-capture-1-8-e1617008176411.jpg
Photo: Facebook/ Jufri Salim
Author
- Advertisement -
Singapore — The Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) shared that they want to “get to know residents better” after residents asked why they still walk about the neighbourhood after elections.
“I thought elections ended long ago?”
“What are you guys doing here? Is there an election coming soon?”
These are just…
“I thought elections ended long ago?”
“What are you guys doing here? Is there an election coming soon?”
Those were some of the the questions raised to the SDP team during house visits at Block 535 Woodlands Drive 14. Residents had wanted to know why the opposition party was still doing walkabouts even though they had not won in the 2020 general elections.
The SDP stressed that they would continue their walkabouts regardless of the GE 2020 results.
- Advertisement -
“No matter what the results were at the last general election, they saw that team SDP is still walking the ground that we contested in the last GE to get to know residents better,” said Jufri Salim, a member of the SDP Marsiling-Yew Tee team.
Most residents were happy to see the team, even a former residents’ committee member of over 15 years. “He was quite the gentleman when he thanked us for the hard work the party has put in over the years and for being a credible competition for the incumbents,” Mr Salim shared. He added that the objective was to not only win the ward to run the estate but also to increase the number of alternative voices in Parliament.
The resident agreed wholeheartedly and specifically mentioned the need to see a fair number of opposition MPs in Parliament to maintain a proper balance.
The team also met a woman and her teenage daughter who shared how they think it is important to educate the public about the importance of recycling. The team shared how the Young Democrats have already published a paper on climate change that included the need to educate the public on the importance of recycling.
Denise Teh is an intern at The Independent SG. /TISGFollow us on Social Media
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Email
- Advertisement -
Follow us on Social Media
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Email

Reactions: jw5

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP's planned power transfers "antithetical to democratic systems", says SDP chief Chee Soon Juan - The Online Citizen Asia
The People’s Action Party (PAP)’s planned power transfers is “antithetical to democratic systems”, says Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan in a Facebook post on Monday (12 Apr).

Commenting on the ruling party’s change in succession plans following Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat’s announcement on Thursday (8 Apr) that he will not be running for the Prime Minister position, Dr Chee said that the PAP’s “highly engineered method of finding a new leader reminds one of the clunky political systems that are better suited to old-world politics where the staid and uninspired take centre stage”.

“Systems like the erstwhile Soviet Union which saw the political baton pass from Khrushchev to Brezhnev to Andropov to Chernenko to Gorbachev produced leaders whose political thought were as different as shades of grey.

“Such planned power transfers are, however, antithetical to democratic systems. This is because leaders emerge – through suasion – from the rightness and imperativeness of their cause. They are not anointed by their predecessors which often means that fealty to party overrides commitment to the country,” he said.

In truly democratic systems where “power resides in the people”, however, “vision and capability trump gender, race and age”, said Dr Chee.

“This is why New Zealand elected a female prime minister whose compassionate, competent and visionary leadership has endeared her to beyond Kiwi land; why London voted for a Muslim of Pakistani descent as its mayor who, by all counts, remains popular with the electorate; why Taiwan plumbed for a female president whose progressive and compassionate policies are embraced by the people; and why the US elected a septuagenarian as a president who, despite his age, is performing competently and whose approval-ratings remain high,” he elaborated.

In Singapore, however, the path of leadership renewal is guided by “a narrative framed by the PAP so that previous leaders can protect their own legacy and interests by gripping status quo”, said Dr Chee.

The country, he said, has to “contend with a group of self-proclaimed “exceptionals” whose vision for the country is wrung from decades of withering groupthink”.

“Their topmost concern seems to be how to prolong their own grip on power regardless of how times and circumstances change. To expect them to evolve with the people and imagine a free, inclusive and democratic Singapore is to indulge in flights of fancy,” said Dr Chee.

Singaporeans, he opined, “are reduced to hoping for an administrator who is a little more personable here or a wee bit more articulate there”.

“In the meantime, policies that continue to endanger our country’s progress are still intractably in place.

“The faster and clearer we can see through this PAP-speak and -thought, the quicker Singapore can find a leader worthy and capable of forging a bigger and brighter future for this nation,” said Dr Chee.

Mr Heng last week said that he will also be relinquishing his role as the Finance Minister due to his age and fear that he cannot fulfil the exceptional demands of the job.

In a letter to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Mr Heng, who turns 60 this year, said that he would have “too short of a runway” to become the next Prime Minister as he would be in his mid-60s when the COVID-19 pandemic is over.

“But when I also consider the ages at which our first three prime ministers took on the job, I would have too short a runway should I become the next prime minister then.

“We need a leader who will not only rebuild Singapore post-COVID-19, but also lead the next phase of our nation-building effort,” he wrote.

In his reply to Mr Heng, PM Lee who is currently 69, said he understood and respected Mr Heng’s decision, and was glad that he has agreed to stay in the Cabinet.

Separately, the next generation of leaders — the fourth-generation (4G) leadership — said in a statement that they would “need more time to select another leader from among us” given their priority to handle the country’s pressing immediate challenges and ensure that Singapore emerges stronger from the COVID-19 crisis.

“We have therefore requested PM Lee Hsien Loong to stay on as Prime Minister until such time when a new successor is chosen by the team and is ready to take over. We are grateful that PM has agreed to our request,” it noted.

Share this:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP leadership renewal doesn't produce true leaders, renews nothing: SDP's Chee Soon Juan
SDP Chairman Paul Tambyah said there should be open discussion in public instead of "opaque discussions" behind closed doors.
Sulaiman Daud |
clock.png

April 15, 2021, 06:08 PM
fb-icon.svg
tw-icon.svg
whats-icon.svg
SDPCheePaulCover.jpg

The Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) weighed in on Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat's decision to effectively take himself out of the running to be the next Prime Minister.
Speaking to Mothership, SDP Chairman Paul Ananth Tambyah wished Heng "all the very best for his future."
However, Tambyah, a doctor and Professor of Medicine at NUS, said the whole episode called into question the "lack of transparency" in the way Singaporeans are allowed to choose their leaders.
He added:
"Ideally, with an educated electorate like we have in Singapore, there should be an independent electoral commission, open discussion by all stakeholders in public about the issues that concern Singaporeans with each candidate sharing their visions for our country rather than opaque discussions behind closed doors."
Singapore has a Westminster form of government where the leader of the political party that secures the majority of seats in Parliament after the General Election (GE) will be asked by the President to become the PM.
Chee Soon Juan on PAP's "highly-engineered" method of finding a new leader
Chee Soon Juan, Secretary-General of the SDP, also commented on the development via a Facebook post on April 12, saying he had been "asked repeatedly" about his party's leadership renewal programme.
"The allusion is that since the PAP has had succession plans, other political parties ought to have one too," he said. Chee became acting Secretary-General of the party in 1993, and was elected to the position in 1995.
However, Chee said there was a "problem" with such thinking, and remarked:
"The PAP’s highly engineered method of finding a new leader reminds one of clunky political systems that are better suited to old world politics where the staid and uninspired take centre stage."
Chee drew a comparison to the Soviet Union, where leadership was handed over from one successor to another, which "produced leaders whose political thought were as different as shades of grey."
He added that such planned transfers of power were "antithetical to democratic systems" as leaders should emerge through suasion from the rightness of their cause, instead of being anointed by their predecessors.
Chee cited a number of examples of leaders who were doing well after being elected, such as New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern, U.S. President Joe Biden and Mayor of London Sadiq Khan, saying that vision and capability "trump gender, race and age."
However, in Chee's view, the potential successors to Heng as the PM-in-waiting have "precious little to choose" among them in terms of worldview, and claimed their vision for the country is "wrung from decades of withering groupthink."
He concluded that the SDP is not sold on PAP-style leadership renewal process as it does not produce "true leaders and certainly renews nothing."
Top image from SDP's Facebook page.
fb-icon.svg
tw-icon.svg
whats-icon.svg

If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Telegram to get the latest updates.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP's Dr Chee Soon Juan chides PM Lee's tone in May Day speech; warns that PAP is to blame if SG enters another lockdown - The Online Citizen Asia
SDP’s Dr Chee Soon Juan chides PM Lee’s tone in May Day speech; warns that PAP is to blame if SG enters another lockdown

by kathleen
05/05/2021
Reading Time: 4 mins read
“Mr Lee and his Ministers would do well to focus their attention on the actions of the Multi-Task Force and stop wagging their fingers at the people,” said Dr Chee Soon Juan, secretary general of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP).
In a Facebook post on Wednesday (5 May), just a few days after Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s May Day Rally speech on 1 May, Dr Chee slammed Mr Lee’s “tone with the people”.
In his speech, Mr Lee had cautioned Singapore to not let their guard down.
He said:
“I hope Singaporeans work with us, and not let down our guard. It is not time to relax yet. This is a marathon. Let us keep jogging and keep ourselves safe. Do not make the mistakes other countries have done – celebrate too early, relax too fast, let your guard down, and cause another wave to come; very often worse than the first.
And more nasty, drastic measures become necessary. If we have to do another lockdown like last year’s Circuit Breaker, it would be a major setback for our people and for our economic recovery. Let us not make it happen.”
To this, Dr Chee chided the PM, saying: “The SDP will not have the government take that tone with the people.”
“Singaporeans have been exceedingly cooperative since the onset of the pandemic despite the many bungles the PAP has committed with regards to the spread of the disease,” he added.
Dr Chee said that Singaporeans still remember the moment just before the pandemic surged in Singapore when “the PAP exploited the situation and stated campaigning for elections that it wanted to call”, leading to a deterioration of the situation which triggered the Circuit Breaker.
The veteran politician noted how this move caused an economic standstill which resulted in countless businesses to close down, especially smaller ones, and Singaporeans to lose their jobs.
“As a consequence, the country had to incur nearly $100 billion to dig ourselves out of the hole,” Dr Chee pointed out, referring to the various COVID-19 response budgets which were rolled out.
Still, Dr Chee highlighted that Singaporeans continued to obey the rules and that even political parties did their part by continually urging people to cooperate with the regulations in order get through the crisis together.
“It is this cooperation that the number of cases started to reduce and eventually become negligible,” stressed Dr Chee.
“In the meantime, the lockdown and its aftermath extracted a heavy psychological, physical and financial toll on the people.”
He demanded, “What more could the people have done? How many more regulations does the government want the people to follow that they haven’t already? How much more does the PAP want Singaporeans to sacrifice?”
He went on to call out the PM for his warning to Singaporeans not to let their guard downs while the government itself “continues to allow foreigners into the country”.
He noted that warnings were raised that some imported cases of COVID-19 could leak into the community and cause a spike in new local transmissions. Unfortunately, the government “refused” to heed the warnings, same as when the virus first hit Singapore, said Dr Chee.
He then went on to say incoming Finance Minister and co-chair of the Multi Ministry Task Force on COVID-19 Lawrence Wong presented an “exaggerated strawman-type argument” when he said that it was very difficult for Singapore to permanently close its borders.
Dr Chee countered, “All Singaporeans are saying is that the government needs to be extra-cautious when it comes to letting in foreigners, especially from jurisdictions that experience high rates of Covid infection.”
“While many other governments took decisive and strong measures to close their borders when circumstances necessitated it, the PAP insisted on letting in foreigners even as the number of imported cases here rose,” he added.
Mr Wong had also said that “we’ve always taken a risk-based approach in managing our borders from the start.”
To this, Dr Chee asked: “Yes, but was the risk warranted?”
The veteran politician argued that it was obviously not, given the recent spike in cases.
He further questioned, “And why do Singaporeans always have to bear the consequences of these risks and the ministers none? Why are such risks always balanced on the people’s backs?”
Dr Chee then warned, “Singaporeans are watching closely as the nation cannot afford another surge of the disease.”
He ended the post with a warning that “the PAP will be wholly to blame if the disease triggers another unthinkable lockdown.”
Share this:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theindependent
'PAP let in foreigners even as imported cases increased'
181926708_306219174207694_5176504810376131035_n.jpeg
Author
- Advertisement -
Singapore — Criticising the People’s Action Party (PAP) for the way it handled the Covid-19 pandemic, DR Chee Soon Juan wrote that it was unfair for Singaporeans to bear the consequences of the risks taken by the Government.
In a Facebook post on Wednesday (May 5) that garnered over 2,700 likes and almost 500 comments, the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) secretary-general wrote that Singaporeans have been “exceedingly cooperative since the onset of the pandemic despite the many bungles the PAP has committed with regards to the spread of the disease”.
Criticising the PAP, he wrote: “Singaporeans remember that just prior to the surge of infections in March 2020, the PAP exploited the situation and started campaigning for elections that it wanted to call. The subsequent deterioration of the situation ultimately resulted in the Circuit Breaker.”
“As a consequence (of the Circuit Breaker), the country had to incur nearly $100 billion to dig ourselves out of the hole”, Dr Chee wrote.
- Advertisement -
He commended the people of Singapore for their cooperation and obeyance of the rules in order to bring down the number of Covid-19 cases.
“What more could the people have done? How many more regulations does the government want the people to follow that they haven’t already?” Dr Chee asked.
Citing Education Minister and multi-ministry Covid-19 task force co-chair Lawrence Wong, who said that “that “we’ve always taken a risk-based approach in managing our borders from the start”, Dr Chee asked if these risks were warranted.
“While many other governments took decisive and strong measures to close their borders when circumstances necessitated it, the PAP insisted on letting in foreigners even as the number of imported cases here rose”, he wrote, adding that Singaporeans had to bear the consequences of such risks.
Dr Chee concluded his post by adding that Singaporeans are watching closely “as the nation cannot afford another surge of the disease. The PAP will be wholly to blame if the disease triggers another unthinkable lockdown”.
Netizens who commented on his post agreed with him, with some adding that his sentiments conveyed what they felt.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-05-at-7.23.05-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-05-at-7.23.10-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-05-at-7.23.20-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-05-at-7.23.31-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-05-at-7.23.41-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-05-at-7.23.56-PM.png

/TISG
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Email

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for csj to keep engaging BB residents at local level.

Csj relatively good score last election was due to residents unhappiness with Murali's performance than PAP. Had PT contested in BB instead of csj, BB would likely fall.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Theindependent​

He raps Lawrence Wong who said 'promise kept' on vaccines
Screen-Shot-2021-05-21-at-9.16.45-AM.png
FB screengrab: Chee Soon Juan
Author
- Advertisement -
Singapore—Opposition leader Chee Soon Juan called out Finance Minister Lawrence Wong for having said last December that he had kept his promises about making vaccines available to all Singaporeans.
Dr Chee, the secretary-general of the Singapore Democratic Party, contended Mr Wong was taking undue credit, which the opposition leader says is not uncommon for People’s Action Party (PAP) ministers.

“Herein lies the nub of the problem. Our ministers are specialists in the credit-claiming department but turn very modest when it comes to taking (actionable) responsibility for mishaps,” he wrote in a Facebook post on Friday (May 21).

“And like only true autocrats can, they blame those around them when things really fall apart. Whether it’s the Little India riot or the Hep-C virus outbreak or the MRT breakdowns, it’s always some poor bloke down the chain who ends up taking the rap.”

He wrote in his post, “Promise Made. Promise Kept.”

“9 June: I shared in my ministerial broadcast that we will secure the vaccines and make them available to all Singaporeans who need it.

14 Dec: We announce that the first batch of vaccines will be here by year-end. If all goes according to plan, we will have enough to vaccinate everyone in Singapore by Q3 next year; and the vaccines will be free.”

Dr Chee reminded everyone of Mr Wong’s words, comparing them to this situation: “Take your spouse’s money, buy her a gift and then proclaim to her: ‘Promise made. Promise kept.’
- Advertisement -
“I don’t know about yours, but mine would get into an absolute fit and return me the gift – in the form of a projectile,” he added.
He went on to explain that all Mr Wong had done was to use public funds to purchase the vaccines. However, he added that the minister is “conspicuously mum about how the Task Force screwed up majorly when our immigration defences were breached”.
Dr Chee cited the Changi Airport cluster, now the largest one in the country with a number of individuals tested positive for the variant B1617.
“An 88-year-old cleaner (yes, you read it right: 88) caught the virus from someone coming from India. This led to a resurgence of infections all around the island triggering restrictions reminiscent of the lockdown last year.”
“Many have been affected by surge in infections, from taxi drivers to older hawkers to workers, and so on.
“Like I said, it’s always the poor blokes who end up paying the price. Like I said, too: Life for the ministers just keeps purring along,” he added.
The SDP leader also cited three instances that led to a rise in Covid cases that he called “moments caused by three ministerial lapses”.
The first was when the PAP hinted that elections would be called in March last year, early in the pandemic, when the number of infections was already on the rise.
The second instance was when Malaysia went into a lockdown, also in March last year, and instead of shutting down the Causeway checkpoint, Malaysians were enticed to still come to Singapore.
“A 39-year-old Malaysian worker was later tested positive; his travel history indicated that he was in Malaysia prior to entering Singapore. His movements were traced to the Mustafa Centre which as the Straits Times reported, is ‘believed to be the starting point for hundreds of cases.’ These hundreds of cases led to thousands, then tens of thousands in this country and caused the infamous and euphemistically named Circuit Breaker,” he added.
His third example was when Covid cases in India started to rise again, flights were still allowed to come to Singapore, with the Government “only closing the proverbial gate months later by which time the horse had already bolted to Timbuktu.”
In a parenthetical remark, Dr Chee added, “In an irony of ironies an Indian minister now warns of the ‘Singapore variant’ spreading to his country. Talk about get a kick in the you-know-where.”
He then urged the public to check their wallets first the next time a minister says he has kept a promise by giving something free.
“Then return the gift when you next visit the ballot box,” Dr Chee wrote.
/TISG
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Email

jw5

Loyal
Kudos to CSJ, Leong Sze Hian. Gilbert Goh etc etc for making PAP look bad. :thumbsup::biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Theindependent​

- Advertisement -
Singapore—Opposition leader Chee Soon Juan took to Facebook on Friday (May 28) to draw attention to two troubling situations at Bukit Batok, where he has been active on the ground for several years.
He shone the light on what he seems to perceive as a lack in estate management as well as the lack of people in food centres and kopitiams, using these issues as a springboard to call on the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) to further help people who are suffering at this time.
Firstly, Dr Chee, the secretary-general of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), expressed concern over missing drain covers in a particular block.
“The drain covers behind Blk 217 are missing. This was pointed to me by a resident who said that it posed a safety hazard especially during the night,” he wrote.
- Advertisement -
188870232_319826619513616_7436625095426571451_n.jpeg

The SDP head added that people walk through that area when they go from the coffee shop in front of the building to the parking area or other blocks nearby.
He wrote that the JRTC (Jurong-Clementi Town Council) “might want to look into this and quickly remedy the problem before someone gets hurt”.
The second concern Dr Chee wrote about was “the empty food centres and kopitiams”, calling this “disheartening”.
186493109_319826832846928_5786998205470270276_n.jpeg

- Advertisement -
“I’m sure the hawkers are hurting,” he wrote.
“And not just hawkers, shop owners too. Even though there is some rent relief, these folks are still taking a hit on their earnings.”
He added by way of contrast that “Ministers and MPs are still enjoying their more than handsome salaries and allowances. For them, there is little financial worry.”
But for “the common folk,” the situation is not the same.

“Many I have spoken to are living in desperate anxiety,” he added. “Let us remind the PAP clearly and loudly: The people come first.”

- Advertisement -
Commenters on Dr Chee’s post agreed that the missing drain covers pose a danger to residents.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-28-at-8.38.21-AM.png

Others told their own stories of getting hurt when they walked into drains by accident.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-28-at-8.40.00-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-28-at-8.39.23-AM.png

One netizen suggested that ministers take a pay cut as this would help them understand the plight of people better.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-28-at-8.40.58-AM.png

Another suggested that no further taxes should be imposed while people are suffering from economic hardship.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-28-at-8.43.56-AM.png

Others also expressed concern for those who are suffering.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-28-at-8.42.41-AM.png

/TISG
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Reddit
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Email