• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Oppie Chee Trying To Rip Off Sinkies With $100 Homemade Mashed Potatoes! Bukit Batok Residents Sibei Sianz That They Can't Get Rid Of Him!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1596117179626.png
O

SINGAPORE — Looking for Singapore’s most expensive mashed potatoes?

Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan will be selling S$100 homemade “Chee-sy” mashed potatoes over the weekend to raise funds for the party’s Bukit Batok grassroots campaign.

The sale will start from Friday (July 31) and last through the long weekend till Sunday, he announced in a Facebook video posted on Tuesday.

The campaign he is looking to fund would include printing flyers, organising events and activities and meeting residents, added Dr Chee.

Responding to queries from TODAY on how many orders Dr Chee has received, SDP said that orders have been “brisk” and that they started coming in even before the event starts on Friday.

Dr Chee can be seen donning an apron on and holding a wooden spatula and potato masher in his hands in the Facebook video.

He said: “Now, I know that this is going to be the most expensive mashed potatoes that you will ever eat. But I want to assure you that every dollar that I raise from this venture will go towards building and running a Bukit Batok grassroots campaign over the next few years.”

“I know that you can have much more delicious mashed potato from a real chef at a fraction of the price. But I am hoping that with my labour and your generosity, we can start building up funds for the SDP’s work in Bukit Batok,” he added.

The 58-year-old SDP secretary-general had unsuccessfully contested the Bukit Batok single-seat ward in the recent General Election (GE) with 45.2 per cent of the vote against Mr Murali Pillai from the People’s Action Party.

This is the highest percentage of the vote Dr Chee has garnered since he entered politics in 1992.

He had tried to organise a walk around the island to raise funds before the GE but the police rejected his application.

The police said his application was rejected due to safe distancing requirements during the second phase of Singapore’s exit from its circuit breaker.

“The rejection of our application further curtails our effort to raise funds for our General Election campaign,” Dr Chee had said about the incident earlier.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...sell-s100-chee-sy-mashed-potatoes-raise-funds

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For oppie lovers who can't get laid. Here's something for you to masturbate to.

1596120766723.png

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Pappy Cocksucker, how about shaming pappy dogs for a change ? Did your anti-oppie posts yield any new followers ?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Madam President make $100 fish briyani (no chicken) sure got many PAP grass root go and support one. Haha! :laugh:

glocky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wonder why Chee has a big jaw. His mouth is really very big. I mean his physical mouth.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ smile too wide and big. Like "The Joker" villain from Batman. Scary leh.

Frankly not many people smile like that. It has that "psycho" quality about it.

Chee has come a long way.
From being sue then all the way till now.
Initially his vote support less then 20% till now 45% considered an achievement.
Unfortunately Singaporean being the fearful lots to change is very slow to react.
I am not sure he has another more chance next GE if he not being termination yet

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Batok residents not “spoilt and unreasonable” for requesting for walkways, says Chee Soon Juan
"BB residents, and Singaporeans for that matter, are not unreasonable or unintelligent. They know the difference between valid reasons and strawman excuses," said Dr Chee
IMG_8857.jpg
Photo: FB screengrab
Author
- Advertisement -
Singapore – Opposition Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) leader Chee Soon Juan took to social media to further explain in detail why Bukit Batok residents need footpaths, noting they weren’t “spoilt and unreasonable” for making such requests from their Member of Parliament Mr Murali Pillai.
Dr Chee was again in Bukit Batok Block 190 yesterday after being invited by a resident named Mr Ong. Based on his Facebook post on Thursday (Sept 17), Mr Murali was also invited by the resident although he could not make it. Mr Ong, however, had communicated with their MP regarding the matter. He was told that “cost was a factor against the construction of the pavement.” A sheltered walkway is too expensive to construct and maintain, said Dr Chee, citing Mr Murali’s reply to the request.
“Let me address this first point. If Mr Murali had spoken to the residents, he would know that they are not asking for a sheltered walkway but simply a concrete pavement to be built so that they don’t have to walk on the road or in m&d on the grass patch.” The shelter argument is a strawman one, he added.
Dr Chee provided numerous points to justify their requests, one of which was a landscaped mini-park constructed right next to the road with a few “expensive structures that serve no apparent purpose.”
- Advertisement -
There is a lookout point over a canal which is rarely used, and an amphitheatre-like area with seats facing a patch of overgrown grass built “in the middle of nowhere that no one asked for and nobody uses,” illustrated Dr Chee.
“This is the kind of top-down approach to town planning, where residents are not consulted that result in an enormous waste of resources. But that’s another matter for discussion on another day.”
Touching on costs playing a factor for building a pavement, Dr Chee gave other examples where a budget was allotted such as “paying nearly S$1 million for a rubbish dump or spending S$40 million for a National Day parade.”
“But when it comes to a footpath in Bukit Batok, he (Mr Murali) becomes very cost-conscious.”
Another point made in his post was the suggestion made by Mr Murali for residents to use the “pre-existing access routes” which necessitates residents to use building aprons or void decks.
Killer litter is a safety risk when passing under windows of flats while void decks mean residents have to traverse a zig-zag route navigating through structures and uneven ground, explained Dr Chee.
“I have asked numerous residents in the area and every single one that I’ve spoken to say that they don’t use the void decks because they are much longer and more inconvenient.”
He asked if Bukit Batok residents were “spoilt and unreasonable” for making such requests when other areas have walkways. Dr Chee used Toa Payoh Central as an example and asked, “If the authorities can build an additional walkway right next to an existing one in TP, why can’t they do it in BB?”
“BB residents, and Singaporeans for that matter, are not unreasonable or unintelligent. They know the difference between valid reasons and strawman excuses,” said Dr Chee. “I hope Mr Murali will not offer up any more excuses and build a concrete pavement in the area without further delay. Ultimately, I repeat, it is the safety of the residents that is most important.”
Read related:
- Advertisement -

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who did the residents of BB vote for?

SDP chief Chee Soon Juan criticises Bukit Batok MP Murali Pillai's reluctance to fulfil residents' request for more sheltered linkways - The Online Citizen
Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan has criticised Bukit Batok Member of Parliament (MP) Murali Pillai’s reluctance to build more sheltered walkways in the single-member constituency.
In a Facebook post on Wednesday (23 September), Dr Chee said that it is “disappointing” that Mr Murali “continues to offer excuses and distractions rather than valid reasons”, despite “earnest and reasonable” requests from residents for a pavement from Block 187 to the bus-stop “for safety reasons”.
In a Facebook post on 17 September, Mr Murali said that building a linkway will require Bukit Batok residents to absorb 10 per cent of the construction costs and the entirety of maintenance costs.
He added that constructing a sheltered linkway “when one already exists may simply not be the best way to weigh competing needs”.
“One of the projects I have seen completed was the sheltered walkway network serving blocks 187 to 192 and the bus-stop at Ave 1. Over the years, we have extended it as the population grew and with the completion of Skyline 1,” said Mr Murali, referencing his experience volunteering in the constituency from two decades ago.
“A sheltered linkway serving blocks 187 to 194B is available. One further sheltered linkway at Blk 185 is under construction,” he said.
Questioning Mr Murali’s claims, Dr Chee in his response post yesterday questioned: “If this is the case, then shouldn’t authorities genuinely consult residents what should and should not be built, what structures are useful and necessary, and what are not?”
One of the unnecessary structures, as highlighted by Dr Chee in a Facebook post last week, is what the SDP chief branded a “dilapidated, unused, in the middle-of-nowhere” amphitheatre “with seats facing a patch of overgrown grass built in the middle of nowhere that no one asked for and nobody uses”.
“These are expensive structures that serve no apparent purpose,” he said, adding that such construction reflects “the kind of top-down approach to town planning where residents are not consulted that result in an enormous waste of resources”.
119450596_10160855015143849_124271351075734318_o.jpg
Photo of the “amphitheatre” referred to by SDP chief Chee Soon Juan in a Facebook post on 17 September. Source: Chee Soon Juan/Facebook
Dr Chee also highlighted that while residents “are calling for a pavement to be built along a route with high human traffic”, a shelter is being considered “along an existing footpath beside a playground with no vehicular traffic” under the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme.
“If Mr Murali insists that sheltered walkways are expensive to build and maintain, why is one being considered in a location that is not essential whereas the one that residents want – and need – is refused?
“Residents shouldn’t be made to choose. But if they have to, shouldn’t priority be given to the building of a pavement which ensures the safety of pedestrians?
“If ever there was a case of the authorities ignoring the residents’ wishes, this is it. JRTC and Mr Murali should really start listening to the residents,” said Dr Chee.
Commenters highlighted the absurdity of Bukit Batok residents having to foot the full cost of maintenance and to partially fund the construction of such essential sheltered walkways.
One commenter pointed out that in other constituencies, it “is common in HDB estates to have covered walkways between blocks & from bus stops to blocks or Malls”.
Another commenter praised Dr Chee’s concern and dedication towards ensuring the safety of residents by repeatedly calling for the construction of a sheltered walkway in the area, particularly in anticipation of the rainy season.
csj_mw.png
csj_kse.png
csj_sl.png
csj_sdjds.png

Some commenters highlighted that the “amphitheatre” used to serve children and other young residents who play football and engage in other games and activities, up to a point when the Jurong-Clementi Town Council (JCTC) installed “spikes” on walls at the venue.
“Nowadays kids don’t even play outside,” they said.
The phenomenon of “underutilised or unused” amphitheatres, said one of the commenters, is not limited to Bukit Batok, as they have observed one going through an “overhaul” in Clementi.
Another commenter said that an underused fitness corner in an estate in Tampines was similarly replaced by a new one.
csj_ds.png
csj_as.png
csj_rw.png

SDP chief Chee Soon Juan urged Jurong-Clementi Town Council to build proper footpath for pedestrians near several housing blocks in Bukit Batok in August
Previously in a Facebook post last month, Dr Chee urged JCTC to construct a pathway for pedestrians in an area surrounding several housing blocks in Bukit Batok.
Dr Chee said that his action was spurred by some of the residents who brought the matter to his attention.
Attaching several photographs of the area “surrounding Blks 190, 192, 187 and beyond”, he pointed out that the lack of pavements has forced residents “to walk on the road or on the grass patch”.
“This is not only inconvenient but is also dangerous as pedestrians have to share the road with vehicular traffic. A cement path leading from a nearby bus-stop ends abruptly at the road.
“I have used the route several times myself and I agree that the area needs a proper pathway, even a sheltered one,” said Dr Chee.
He also encouraged Bukit Batok residents, particularly those who use the route, to contact him via WhatsApp at 8413 0302 or to email him on the matter.
Dr Chee has actively questioned delays in projects under the responsibility of Mr Pillai — as the Member of Parliament of Bukit Batok — and the Jurong-Clementi Town Council.
On 27 June, he posted on Facebook a series of photos of signboards carrying notices and announcements about projects such as the “Neighbourhood Renewal Programme” and “Revitalisation of Shops”.
He compared timelines and deadlines of the said projects with their actual stages of completion, two of which he said were delayed by three years.
He also talked about uncompleted construction works that are unsafe and hazardous.
“They are left unfenced and uncovered; not only are these safety lapses an eyesore, (but) more importantly, it also poses a safety hazard (and) should be quickly rectified,” said Dr Chee.
Four days after Dr Chee’s post, however, the areas in question were properly cordoned off with “a proper barricade” when he went back “to ensure no one can enter the spot and the ground is properly cleaned with no dangerous materials laying around”.
“The site is not in some obscure corner in the estate. It’s the most crowded spot in BB (Blk 154) with a wet market and huge centre,” he stressed.
“The people elect you to run the estate, you collect the $16k/month salary, (but) out-source the work to a managing agent and then make the people pay for it. Someone please explain the logic to me,” Dr Chee remarked.
“This is what I mean when I say that MPs must go full-time. It’s impossible to give your 100% if you spend all your time on your day job”, he added.
Share this:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSJ smile too wide and big. Like "The Joker" villain from Batman. Scary leh.

Frankly not many people smile like that. It has that "psycho" quality about it.

that's why..................imagine how much bigger his smile will be if he had won in 2020...................:eek:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP chief receives a deluge of emails from Bukit Batok residents seeking his help with municipal matters

Photo: Chee Soon Juan FB
Author

- Advertisement -
Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief revealed on Monday (28 Sept) that he received a deluge of emails and messages from Bukit Batok residents in the past few weeks. They are seeking his help with a number of municipal matters in their ward.

Dr Chee, who contested Bukit Batok SMC in the 2016 by-election and the 2020 general election, has been actively walking the ground in Bukit Batok over the past few years. Expressing his intention to re-contest the ward in the next election after the July polls, Dr Chee even launched a grassroots campaign to help Bukit Batok residents.

The SDP secretary-general also invited residents to write to him at a dedicated email address if they need help with any issue.

Dr Chee is so well known for raising issues on behalf of the residents that some of them tag him when they highlight concerns on the Facebook page of the ward’s incumbent MP, the People’s Action Party’s Murali Pillai.

- Advertisement -
In a Facebook post published on Monday evening, Dr Chee highlighted some of the issues that residents have brought up to him. One of the residents who wrote to the opposition leader shared that the paint outside his flat was peeling off quite badly. Dr Chee wrote to Jurong-Clementi Town Council (JRTC), which assured the resident that it would rectify the issue.

Another resident, Mdm Lim, emailed Dr Chee to complain about the noise made late at night at the basketball court near Blk 117, which is used by players even after the lights are switched off at 10.30pm. Mdm Lim apparently contacted JRTC and Mr Pillai but has yet to receive a response.

Expressing his willingness to help the town council resolve this issue, Dr Chee said: “JRTC might want to make greater effort in working with all concerned to come to a mutual resolution of the matter. I’d be happy to try to facilitate a meeting with the complainant-resident involved if the TC is interested.”

A few more residents informed Dr Chee that the pedestrian walkway at the flyover that links Bukit Batok to Jurong East is too narrow.

Offering to help connect the town council to the residents, Dr Chee said that one of those who wrote to him said, “It’s extremely dangerous for some elderly who also frequent this route, especially when many cyclists speed through and do not give way to pedestrians.”

Yet another resident told Dr Chee that there were not enough incense-burners around Blk 119 during the 7th-month prayers, forcing residents to go to other areas to do their prayers.

Saying this causes the burners that are available to be continuously be full, Dr Chee commented: “JRTC ought to visit the blocks and speak to residents there to verify the situation and, if necessary, provide more burners in the future.”

He added: “This is just half the matters brought to my attention, I will highlight more in subsequent posts. I’ll be forwarding this post to the TC for its attention.”

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really dont understand why these BB resident still kpkb to ah Juan when they voted for the pap ? It reeks of singkie selfishness . Or rather bb residents are the real free loaders

Bukit Batok MP Murali Pillai says new study rooms at CC opened on 1 September, yet student sought help from SDP over no available study rooms in the SMC - The Online Citizen
Kathleen.F

Early in September, a 16-year old student in Bukit Batok preparing for her O-Levels reached out to Singapore Democratic Party (SDP)’s Chee Soon Juan to say that there were no study areas in the BB Community Club and asked if he could help raise her concerns to the relevant parties.
Recounting the matter in a Facebook post on 26 September, Dr Chee noted that public libraries have apparently disallowed students from studying there, likely due to COVID-19 prevention measures.
The politician then revealed that he had written to the CC on the matter and that they subsequently set up study rooms for students.
He added, “Not sure if CCs do this every year or whether they were responding to my email but whatever the situation, I want to thank the Community Club for setting up the study areas.”
In the comment section of his post, Dr Chee also shared a screenshot of the email he received from the student — with permission — which was sent on 8 September.
She said in the email to Dr Chee, “Every since the library have been closed, there have not been many places to study at. There is no study room at the BB CC Central and the library does not allow us to study”.
chee-soon-juan-email-bukit-batok.jpg

In his post, Dr Chee shared a photo detailing the opening hours of the newly opened Study Room at Bukit Batok CC, as well as other study rooms nearby that students can use if the one at Bukit Batok is full.
Curiously on 1 October, Bukit Batok MP Murali Pillai shared in a Facebook post about the opening of the Bukit Batok Community Club study room which he says was opened on 1 September.
Mr Murali said he was approached back in November 2019 by someone named Krys who suggested that the Community Club would benefit from more study rooms for students. With the support of the CCMC Chairman Alfred Chua and other, the plans to create more study rooms commenced, with planning and sourcing for funds.
“By March 2020, the renovation and refurbishment of the study room was successfully completed,” said Mr Murali, although the opening was delayed due to the pandemic.
“We managed to open the study room on the 1st of September 2020, after implementing the appropriate safety measures,” said the MP.
Now, taking into account the timeline of events, why wasn’t the student who emailed Dr Chee on 8 September about a lack of study rooms in BB Central unable to use the new refurbished study rooms that Mr Murali said were opened on 1 September?
We have reached out to Mr Murali for his comment.
We also note that the Bukit Batok CC Facebook page announced only on 16 September a list of available study rooms in the Bukit Batok CC and nearby CCs, noting that there are limited seats in the room to ensure safe distancing.
Share this: