• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dog or Lioness?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dogs are well loved by many.

A lioness is a threat and will be shot on the spot by someone with a rifle.

Because a group of lioness hunts for the pack.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A dog is loved by its master. A dog is well fed, well housed in a kennel. A dog attends obedience school and obeys its master. A dog gets to mate with whom its master chooses. A dog barks when told to bark, sits when told to sit, fetches bone when told to. A dog plays in its master compound. A dog eats what its master feeds. A dog has no pride and is not well respected. A dog doesn't know independence

A lioness differs from a dog. A lioness is not well fed and doesn't know when its next meal is going to come from. A lioness does what she wants to do. A lioness has the whole savannah to roam and play in. A lioness has to hunt for her meal. A lioness has multiple lovers and mates whom she chooses. A lioness doesn't obey anyone but enjoys complete freedom. A lioness has independence.

Would you prefer to be a dog or a lioness?

A lioness cannot do what she wants to do. She needs to do what the pride wants to do, or risk getting kicked out. And the lioness knows that survival outside the pride is very slim. A lioness is not built like a tiger and faces her own predators if she is on her own, such a pack of hyenas.

A lioness also does not get to choose who to mate with. She mates with her alpha male or males. And when the alpha male gets replaced, she mates with the new alpha male after watching the new alpha male kill her cubs.

You have too many romantic incorrect ideas about the "independence" of a lioness.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watch out for the hyenas, they're waiting to attack the injured victor of the fight between the dogs and the lions.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A dog is loved by its master. A dog is well fed, well housed in a kennel. A dog attends obedience school and obeys its master. A dog gets to mate with whom its master chooses. A dog barks when told to bark, sits when told to sit, fetches bone when told to. A dog plays in its master compound. A dog eats what its master feeds. A dog has no pride and is not well respected. A dog doesn't know independence

A lioness differs from a dog. A lioness is not well fed and doesn't know when its next meal is going to come from. A lioness does what she wants to do. A lioness has the whole savannah to roam and play in. A lioness has to hunt for her meal. A lioness has multiple lovers and mates whom she chooses. A lioness doesn't obey anyone but enjoys complete freedom. A lioness has independence.

Would you prefer to be a dog or a lioness?

Neither... why not just be who you are ... a decent thinking human being. Why go down to the level of animals ?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lioness cannot do what she wants to do. She needs to do what the pride wants to do, or risk getting kicked out. And the lioness knows that survival outside the pride is very slim. A lioness is not built like a tiger and faces her own predators if she is on her own, such a pack of hyenas.

A lioness also does not get to choose who to mate with. She mates with her alpha male or males. And when the alpha male gets replaced, she mates with the new alpha male after watching the new alpha male kill her cubs.

You have too many romantic incorrect ideas about the "independence" of a lioness.
No politics please. Just on animals. I haven't come across a documentary where a lioness got kick out. I have watched a number of documentaries where lioness wandered out in the night to mate with lone bachelor. Even swans which are known for living in pairs had been caught on camera having affair with other males.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No politics please. Just on animals. I haven't come across a documentary where a lioness got kick out. I have watched a number of documentaries where lioness wandered out in the night to mate with lone bachelor. Even swans which are known for living in pairs had been caught on camera having affair with other males.

Lioness gets mauled by other lionesses from 0:36 onwards.

[video=youtube;e3qfIhkfqCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3qfIhkfqCY[/video]

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lioness gets mauled by other lionesses from 0:36 onwards.
Lion killing each other is common because of fighting for territory. When one strayed into another's territory it is courting death. I haven't come across a case where they kill the lioness from their own pride. Killing adolescent male is also rare as usually the leader would just chase them away when they reach maturity.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lion killing each other is common because of fighting for territory. When one strayed into another's territory it is courting death. I haven't come across a case where they kill the lioness from their own pride. Killing adolescent male is also rare as usually the leader would just chase them away when they reach maturity.

Lion kills lioness in zoo. Not sure why no keeper came to break up the fight.

[video=youtube;J7uB4cwzdmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7uB4cwzdmI[/video]

Another case of lion killing lioness in a zoo. But this time, it happened too fast for any keeper to intervene.

[video=youtube;kCl3wZ5rt0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCl3wZ5rt0g[/video]

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another case of lion killing lioness in a zoo. But this time, it happened too fast for any keeper to intervene.

To me this a case of cruelty to animals. There is no pride formation in a zoo. The animals are put together artificially. Stress is the most likely cause for the killing. If you have visited our zoo, you will see the pathetic state the animals are in. There are 2 male lions without a single lioness and I witnessed them humping each other. They are so thin that I doubt they are capable of killing each other.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;J7uB4cwzdmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7uB4cwzdmI[/video]

[video=youtube;kCl3wZ5rt0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCl3wZ5rt0g[/video]

Zookeepers jiak liao bee. For such missions, only PAP generals dare intervene by risking their lives and limbs.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I like this thread very much because its turning into a program I watch often. Then again I'll only like to be a frog.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Animal_Planet_2006.png
    Animal_Planet_2006.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 382

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neither... why not just be who you are ... a decent thinking human being. Why go down to the level of animals ?

You are right Wunderfool. Why can you and other dogs such as John Tan, zeroo be a decent thinking human being? Why be dogs without thinking?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are right Wunderfool. Why can you and other dogs such as John Tan, zeroo be a decent thinking human being? Why be dogs without thinking?

A lion can survive about 10-12 years in the wild, but up to 25 years in captivity such as zoos.

http://askville.amazon.com/long-lions-live-wild-versus-captivity/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=13484084

You want to be a hero like cheebye Chee or JBJ, you end up bankrupt and on the streets. You be pro-Singapore, you get to enjoy happy retirement, eat and live well. Tan Cheng Bock lives on Sentosa island, ex-PM Goh often posts photos of himself on FB enjoying good food and holiday since his retirement. You make your choice.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want to be a hero like cheebye Chee or JBJ, you end up bankrupt and on the streets. You be pro-Singapore, you get to enjoy happy retirement, eat and live well. Tan Cheng Bock lives on Sentosa island, ex-PM Goh often posts photos of himself on FB enjoying good food and holiday since his retirement. You make your choice.

My choice is NEVER to sacrifice myself to be a slave dog. Never NEVER NEVER!

My Christian beliefs tell me not to exchange my soul for the whole world's riches. Rather keep my dignity and sanity than be living in luxury but a dog with no mind and independence.

Traitors such as you John Tan are a disgrace to the future generations of Singapore... willingly selling yourselves to attain riches at the expense of fellow sinkies.

Pro-Singapore ppl like Dr Chee and JBJ, willingly committed themselves 100% to fight for the betterment of sinkies. Only PAP dogs and thieves pretend to be pro-Singapore when they are actually helping themselves to the wealth of this land.