• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SPG's Labrador Dog Atacked by High SES Rottweilers from Sennett Road Landed Property

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Labrador retriever suffers multiple bites, torn ear after attack by 4 rottweilers who escape Sennett Road home​

Owner also injured while fending off the dogs; Animal and Veterinary Service is investigating the incident​

Nisha Rahim
Nisha Rahim
·News and Lifestyle Producer
Fri, 12 January 2024 at 5:54 am GMT

(PHOTO: Facebook/Melanie Song)

(PHOTO: Facebook/Melanie Song)
SINGAPORE — Four rottweilers broke through a defective gate at a Sennett Road residence, and assaulted a labrador retriever named Hobbit during its evening walk on Tuesday (9 January). Hobbit suffered multiple bites, with severe injuries to her neck, shoulder and rear end, as well as a torn ear.
In an interview with Yahoo Southeast Asia on Friday (12 January), Hobbit's owner Melanie Song said she was at home with her other dog Chewie (a sapsali breed), while her domestic helper Sri was taking Hobbit on their usual night walk at around 9.20pm on Tuesday.
Recalling the distressing incident, she revealed, "I ran out of the house, and thankfully, I had the sanity to close the door so that Chewie didn't follow me out.
"I remember Sri screaming to me, saying it's Hobbit. Initially, I wanted to go and get a weapon of some sort, but I couldn't find anything, so the next thing I could grab was the dustbin to try and ward off the dogs."

Owner's efforts to save labrador retriever from the attack

Song said Hobbit was dragged by the rottweilers from a grass patch onto the middle of the road. She tried to cover her dog while attempting to use her hands to pry the rottweilers away, but they refused to let go.
"I was screaming because I was so angry. The part that really got to me was seeing them hanging on to Hobbit, and I thought, 'Oh my god, I'm going to lose her, and I'm not ready for that,'" she told Yahoo Southeast Asia.
Song managed to pull Hobbit closer and stand up, before a neighbour ushered her and Hobbit to safety, leaving the gate open and pushing Hobbit inside. "The dogs were still coming for us, and the neighbour tried to fend them off."
She added that the owner of the Rottweilers had spoken to her in an attempt to settle the matter privately, but she insisted that the owner leave. Hobbit was taken to Gaia Veterinary Centre, where she was stable and had a draining tube inserted. The vet bill amounted to over $3,000.
"I was thinking, 'You're a dog owner yourself; shouldn't you offer to send my dog to the vet first?', instead of discussing a private settlement with me," she said of the actions of the Rottweilers' owner. "For me, the money spent ensuring my dogs are in good health is well worth it because they are family."
The Straits Times reported the owner of Rottweilers, Marissa Leow, saying that the magnetic lock at their house's front gate was corroded by rain, and the dogs had burst through the gate while she was unloading groceries from a supermarket trip.
“We wanted to speak to the owner of the labrador but she was too upset to speak to us. The police advised us to perhaps wait for a while before we broach the subject with her,” she told ST.

Medical treatment and ongoing investigations​

Song also detailed the incident's aftermath in a Facebook post on Wednesday (10 January), stating that she had cuts on her heel/ankle area and her toe was swollen. She sought treatment at Tan Tock Seng Hospital the next day, where she received a tetanus vaccine, antibiotics and painkillers for her injuries.
"The doctor needed to ascertain if the dogs were vaccinated to ensure there are no rabies risk. I had to go through the Police officer to check with the owner of the Rottweilers. Owner said the dogs are properly vaccinated and asked again to have a private settlement," she added.
Song has reported the incident to both the police and the Animal and Veterinary Service (AVS) of the National Parks Board. Jessica Kwok, group director for AVS, told Yahoo Southeast Asia that they take public feedback on animal health and welfare seriously, and investigations are ongoing.
Under the Animals and Birds Act, an errant dog owner can face a maximum composition fine of $1,000.
Song said that despite the traumatising incident, she, her helper, and Hobbit are trying to stay strong. "I've cancelled all my trips to make sure to stay put so that we can support each other."
In the most recent update regarding her medical condition, Song shared with Yahoo Southeast Asia on Friday that the doctor has diagnosed a fracture in her toe. The anticipated recovery period for the swelling to subside is six weeks.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put those dog down. They have tasted human blood.
The owner is a responsible person. She cannot be trusted to keep her dogs inside. It will happen again.
A child will be next.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put those dog down. They have tasted human blood.
The owner is a responsible person. She cannot be trusted to keep her dogs inside. It will happen again.
A child will be next.

The Rottweilers are high SES dogs living in landed. The SPG is likely bornt of coolie genes, she and her low SES dog better know their place.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low ses Sinkies and their pariah dogs,from hdb should not be walking into high ses area. Please keep within your concentration camp.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you think this is bad, wait till you see the amount of money they spend on the funerals for their 'furkids'. Even for the critters like rabbits, hamsters and chinchillas. :biggrin: