• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nobody goes on trial for creating one of the most successful nations on earth where the citizens enjoy a high standard of living and are free to do whatever they want with their lives.

obviously your standard and definition of success differ from mine and many others.

Your definition of success may be very narrow. You may consider a man with a multi million dollar business and who owns many properties, who drives and owns a Ferrari 250 GTO but who has a broken family, abuses his wife and family, has children who are drug addicts and social tyrants as a highly successful man.

To me and many others, we may consider an ordinary, hardworking man with a loving family and well brought up children as successful.

So, you are entitled to your view if you consider SG as a successful country

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What kind of lives do we sinkies have? Take a look around and you see -

1. PR are allowed to buy subsidised HDB flats to re-sell at high profits freely. Why are not HDB built strictly for native sinkies?
2. FT are allowed to become new citizens without doing NS. Why is this so?
3. FT are allowed to take away jobs, places in schools, etc. Why are natives made to compete with FT?
4. FT are allowed to bring their dependants into the country. Is my country now a refugee camp?

We work hard and pay a high price for being sinkies. Where can we go? PR and FT can always walk away from here when things go wrong. None of the new citizens can claim to have contributed to the success of sinkie land. Still, they become citizens here by being sportsmen/women but sing the national anthems of their birth countries. Are they really sinkies in mind and heart?

Sam's idea of success is very narrow

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The world is interconnected and we are all very mobile in this day and age as air travel is cheap. Foreigners can work in Singapore and Singaporeans can work elsewhere too.

Just consider everyone as one big happy family.

If it is so simple, why do we need visas and passports and have conflicts?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's more than just politics you have to deal with especially with a growing foreign population. Well, you and your peers are in their prime and I wish you all the best.

Thank you for your wishes.

The table you presented shows clearly how LHL and the pap has mismanaged Singapore. This mismanagement deserves more probing to see whether there is any wrong doing by the pap against SG and Singaporeans

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said, good luck to you and your peers. You lot have to clean up the mess.

Thank you for your wishes.

The table you presented shows clearly how LHL and the pap has mismanaged Singapore. This mismanagement deserves more probing to see whether there is any wrong doing by the pap against SG and Singaporeans

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop the rot or persuade them to join your cause?

phsmile.jpg

d01d7521-99ef-4b40-ae1b-f96c5ba1d25e.jpeg

sultan.jpg

[h=1]EVEN "LUNCH STEALERS" DONT WANT OUR SINGAPORE CITIZENSHIP[/h]

Post date:
25 Oct 2013 - 12:35pm

It was our wedding anniversary and so my man decided to take me out for a weekend celebration at Four Seasons Hotel HK.
Was having dinner at the Chinese Restaurant, LUNG KING HEEN It had a great nite view to the harbor!

Then came a table of 8 Filipino seated next to us. Initially I wasn't paying much attention until they started talking loudly in a mixture of Tagalog and English.

They were talking about their IT work and about how they got their SG PR easily having only stayed in SG for 2 years. One guy was really LOUD, the one with semi bald head, and I commented to my husband that he was the Filipino version of a China man. So loud and crass. It was impossible to not hear him talk.

I was minding my own business until my ears caught them talking about Singapore. What can I say, you can take a girl out of Singapore but you can't take the Singapore element out of the girl.
Even though I don't live in Sg presently, what they said was like a stab to my heart. That our citizenship has really gone down the gutters. (Not that I didnt already know that with the flooding of PR in our country but to actually HEAR it from a foreigner's mouth really made me hot behind the ears.)
The really loud guy have been in SG since 2005 and you can actually hear the Singapore accent from his speech mixed with his Filipino accent. He asked one of his younger guy Filipino "So you converting to SG citizenship?"
You should see the "HORROR" look on the young guy's face and he replied immediately "NO NO! I am just PR, I dont want the citizenship." They said something in Tagalog and they all LAUGHED and the fren repeated the question as to why not?
The young chap replied "I'm only there for career and family."
I assumed they thought it was safe to talk that disparagingly about Singapore (and loudly mind you) in HK.
Later on, they continue to talk about plans to work in London etc..and asking another lady about her experience on the cross over.
Having read what our dear PM Lee warned us about recently, it was ironic and like a HUGE slap across our face. Fantastic isnt it? Even lunch stealers DON'T WANT SG CITIZENSHIP.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like I said, good luck to you and your peers. You lot have to clean up the mess.

Agree. The pap has messed up and dirtied the place.

1. Social divide between locals and 3rd world foreigners with bad behaviours
2. Many poor Singaporeans
3. Businesses which are addicted to cheap labour and cant compete without artificially depressed wages for labour
4. A healthcare system that is expensive and cant cope with increased population and changed demographics
5. A poor transport system that is badly maintained for the last five years, built for 3m people but has to transport 6m people
6. A housing bubble waiting to burst
7. A debt ridden people who may have problems servicing their debts should interest rate increase
8. A mismanaged economy which doesn't produce anything substantial but relies on gambling, vices and tourism
9. An expensive govt and civil service which lack transparency and accountability
10. A govt which favours foreigners over Singaporeans
11. A local workforce which is severely disadvantaged by bad pap policies
12. Businesses which charge 1st world prices for their products/services but want to pay 3rd world wages to their workers
13. A PAP govt which can only attract 3rd world cheap foreigners and bad businesses which don't bring in good jobs
14. A PAP govt which competes unfairly with Singaporeans for businesses
15. A PAP govt which accrues profits to Temasek Holdings but passes costs to the public
16. A PAP govt which charges Singaporeans market rates for its services
etc

so, yes, much work to do to clean up the pap mess. but if we don't start now, it will be more messy. Good Singaporeans must stay back to fight and clean the mess

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop the rot or persuade them to join your cause?

I was minding my own business until my ears caught them talking about Singapore. What can I say, you can take a girl out of Singapore but you can't take the Singapore element out of the girl.
Even though I don't live in Sg presently, what they said was like a stab to my heart. That our citizenship has really gone down the gutters. (Not that I didnt already know that with the flooding of PR in our country but to actually HEAR it from a foreigner's mouth really made me hot behind the ears.)
The really loud guy have been in SG since 2005 and you can actually hear the Singapore accent from his speech mixed with his Filipino accent. He asked one of his younger guy Filipino "So you converting to SG citizenship?"
You should see the "HORROR" look on the young guy's face and he replied immediately "NO NO! I am just PR, I dont want the citizenship." They said something in Tagalog and they all LAUGHED and the fren repeated the question as to why not?
I assumed they thought it was safe to talk that disparagingly about Singapore (and loudly mind you) in HK.
Later on, they continue to talk about plans to work in London etc..and asking another lady about her experience on the cross over.
Having read what our dear PM Lee warned us about recently, it was ironic and like a HUGE slap across our face. Fantastic isnt it? Even lunch stealers DON'T WANT SG CITIZENSHIP.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yes,

1. Stop the rot
2. Persuade friends and family to fight the pap
3. persuade Singaporeans to join the "Clean Up PAP's Mess" cause
4. Convince pap cadres to leave a party that has lost its way

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It is human nature to care about career and family first and foremost. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

I cannot believe that any Singaporean would put his country before career and family either so what's the big deal.

There seems to be this strange notion that foreigners need to be more loyal to Singapore than sinkies themselves. It's a ridiculous attitude and it shows how shallow and delusional many sinkies are.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
obviously your standard and definition of success differ from mine and many others.

Your definition of success may be very narrow. You may consider a man with a multi million dollar business and who owns many properties, who drives and owns a Ferrari 250 GTO but who has a broken family, abuses his wife and family, has children who are drug addicts and social tyrants as a highly successful man.

To me and many others, we may consider an ordinary, hardworking man with a loving family and well brought up children as successful.

So, you are entitled to your view if you consider SG as a successful country

I consider a successful country to be one that takes good care of its citizens. In this regard, Singapore is amongst the best in the world.

Life expectancy, infant mortality, literacy rates, infrastructure development and healthcare are my yardsticks and Singapore is way ahead of most other countries in these areas.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Sam, some of them are not supposed to be here in the first place. I quote the greatest Singaporean in history. Why should we level the playing field for foreigners in Singapore?

It is human nature to care about career and family first and foremost. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

I cannot believe that any Singaporean would put his country before career and family either so what's the big deal.

There seems to be this strange notion that foreigners need to be more loyal to Singapore than sinkies themselves. It's a ridiculous attitude and it shows how shallow and delusional many sinkies are.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Ah Sam, some of them are not supposed to be here in the first place. I quote the greatest Singaporean in history. Why should we level the playing field for foreigners in Singapore?

What's wrong with having a level playing field for all humans? Isn't that what everyone is asking of the PAP when it comes to the elections? :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Ah Sam, I think you lost touch. Happy Cycling!

I just think that sinkies are being very unfair to pass judgement on foreigners when they're no different from those they condemn.

Besides most Singaporeans are descendants of immigrants from various parts of the world. We're actually one big happy family with the same aspirations ie to have a good career and a happy family and a bright future.

It's something we all pursue and if it leads us from one country to another, then so be it.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I'm sure. Tell that to all the superior aryan ang mohs you're mingling with. :rolleyes:

I just think that sinkies are being very unfair to pass judgement on foreigners when they're no different from those they condemn.

Besides most Singaporeans are descendants of immigrants from various parts of the world. We're actually one big happy family with the same aspirations ie to have a good career and a happy family and a bright future.

It's something we all pursue and if leads us from one country to another, then so be it.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The world is interconnected and we are all very mobile in this day and age as air travel is cheap. Foreigners can work in Singapore and Singaporeans can work elsewhere too.

Just consider everyone as one big happy family.

And make every true blue Singaporeans to slog like slaves here to help these FT have a good life in sinkie land?

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkies are hard headed. This tiny red dot is all we have, no hinterland, no resources, no escape route, surrounded by hostile neighbours pretending to be friendly. Think about confrontasi in the past and terrorism today. We need real sinkies to pull this country in one direction. Flooding of sinkie land with FT splits this red dot apart. Turning FT into new citizens does not guarantee patriotism for this red dot. Patriotism comes from being born in this country. No, we are not delusional.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
[/I]

Sinkies are hard headed. This tiny red dot is all we have, no hinterland, no resources, no escape route, surrounded by hostile neighbours pretending to be friendly. Think about confrontasi in the past and terrorism today. We need real sinkies to pull this country in one direction. Flooding of sinkie land with FT splits this red dot apart. Turning FT into new citizens does not guarantee patriotism for this red dot. Patriotism comes from being born in this country. No, we are not delusional.

No Singaporean is confined to the small Island. Everyone has the option to travel far and wide and seek their fortune in any country they choose. Many have done exactly that.

Where you are born is hardly a determining factor of patriotism in this day and age. Besides "patriotism" is out of date in the modern world where borderless communication and quick and easy travel means that many people divide their time living in two or more countries for extended periods.

I have a Singaporean a friend whose 3 children were born in 3 different countries. This doesn't mean that each child is going to be loyal to the country of their birth when they grow up. However, they will be loyal to their family and will live wherever their careers lead them. I asked him which country he'd like to live in and his answer was "the one that is most beneficial for my career".

So as you can see, everything ultimately boils down to doing your best for your loved ones. Patriotism comes in a very distant second. In fact, most don't even bother about this meaningless concept anymore.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I consider a successful country to be one that takes good care of its citizens. In this regard, Singapore is amongst the best in the world.

Life expectancy, infant mortality, literacy rates, infrastructure development and healthcare are my yardsticks and Singapore is way ahead of most other countries in these areas.

1. Life expectancy - can LHL's PAP team claim credit for this?
2. Infant mortality - can LHL's pap team claim credit for this?
3. Literacy rate - was it achieved by LHL's pap team?
4. Infrastructure development - what infrastructure development did the present pap team achieve?
5. Healthcare - the present pap team has messed up healthcare. it's expensive and waiting time is long, some up to one year

So, Sam, what you mentioned were not achieved by LHL's team. LHL's team cant live on glories of past SG leaders. In fact LHL's team is squandering what other leaders before them have built.

See post#2247 for list of LHL's failures.

Last edited: