• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. MRT Congestion
2. Housing problem
3. Hospital beds shortage
4. Unemployment of locals
5. Increased suicide rate
6. Unhappiness of citizens
7. Road congestion
8. High ERP rates without easing traffic congestion
9. Bus crowdedness
10. National Service for locals, jobs for foreigners
11. PAP running out of idea how to promote economic growth but having to resort to vices such as gambling.
12. Increased social problems and integration due to high influx of cheap, unskilled and unqualified migrant laboour with their 3rd world social behaviour and lawlessness

Are these signs of the crumbling of Singapore? The pap appears to run out of ideas how to bring SG forward but is taking the obvious easy ways out, bringing long term problems to SG.

Are the recent MRT failures precursors to more failures to come? Will there be forthcoming systemic failures of the Transport system, Medical Institutions, Housing issues, social problems?

it has been almost two years since I started this thread. most problems have got worse and there is no reprieve in sight.

how can we stop the crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes you are right, I forget that there are some really weird and unusual people around.

cheers bro
:biggrin:

In spite of Ngiam's retraction, I believe what he said below is true:

"In the early days, Lim Kim San and Goh Keng Swee worked night and day, and they were truly dedicated. I don’t know whether Lee Kuan Yew will agree but it started going downhill when we started to raise ministers’ salaries, not even pegging them to the national salary but aligning them with the top 10.”

Many Singaporeans agree that SG is going downhill.

Crumbling of Singapore?

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it has been almost two years since I started this thread. most problems have got worse and there is no reprieve in sight.

how can we stop the crumbling of Singapore?

Short of changing the government or at least PAP have less than two third majority in parliament, I don't see any way to stop the crumbling of Singapore. The old guards that have a heart for the people and dare to speak up (Dr. Toh Chin Chye comes to mind) are now all gone.

The voting on the 6.9 million population white paper is already a clear sign that the current bunch of PAP MPs/ministers are just "yes" man.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted in Corruption In Singapore but stick here for the record.

In the video clip below at around 1:04, LKY says:
"The latest cases are new forms of corruption, with sex being exchanged for favourable outcomes.
There is no end to human ingenuity."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xG2VI8mfdWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Having sex with Laura isn't corruption. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Having sex isn't corruption.
But are there favourable outcomes being exchanged for sex??

pic37.jpg

41192_1602153176094_5537254_n.jpg

zhuhai-2.jpg

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Short of changing the government or at least PAP have less than two third majority in parliament, I don't see any way to stop the crumbling of Singapore. The old guards that have a heart for the people and dare to speak up (Dr. Toh Chin Chye comes to mind) are now all gone.

The voting on the 6.9 million population white paper is already a clear sign that the current bunch of PAP MPs/ministers are just "yes" man.

LHL and the pap are the problems.

Crumbling of SG can be mitigated by:

1. Singaporeans voting out the pap
2. A more capable leader ousts out LHL, takes over the PAP and the pap is transformed within
3. By divine intervention, LHL is no more

I am an optimist and I believe Singapore can be saved

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

many sexual corruption cases investigated must have been dropped for one reason or another. And because of that many guilty parties must have got away

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The pap has recognised that the FT scheme is a failure. But the pap is too proud to acknowledge that they were wrong to think foreigners first rather than to groom local Singaporeans

Table Tennis, Athletics, Soccer, Badminton, etc have quietly abandoned their FT scheme.

When will the pap abandon its cheap foreigners' scheme that has severely divided Singapore and caused so much social problems on the ground?

The sooner the pap openly admit their mistake, the better it is for Singapore. We can then move on to remedy the situation. The pap may just say "sorry" to Singaporeans again before the next GE. I hope Singaporeans know that the pap is the cause of all our problems and don't be conned by the pap again. I also look forward to the day when PAP MPs speak with conscience and the SG media report the truth

Vote out the pap at the next GE to stop the rot in SG

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pap has recognised that the FT scheme is a failure. But the pap is too proud to acknowledge that they were wrong to think foreigners first rather than to groom local Singaporeans

Table Tennis, Athletics, Soccer, Badminton, etc have quietly abandoned their FT scheme.

When will the pap abandon its cheap foreigners' scheme that has severely divided Singapore and caused so much social problems on the ground?

The sooner the pap openly admit their mistake, the better it is for Singapore. We can then move on to remedy the situation. The pap may just say "sorry" to Singaporeans again before the next GE. I hope Singaporeans know that the pap is the cause of all our problems and don't be conned by the pap again. I also look forward to the day when PAP MPs speak with conscience and the SG media report the truth

What has the importation of 2m cheap foreign workers benefited Singapore and Singaporeans? Almost negligle. the main beneficiaries are businesses who are not competitive and cant survive in high cost Singapore except when Singapore subsidise them with cheap 3rd world foreign workers who caused social problems in SG. Singapore and Singaporeans don't need such businesses who are not competitive.

I was passing by Marine Terrace after my exercise at East Coast Park and saw some MacDonald's supervisors approaching Marine Parade residents to work for MacDonalds at $5.50 per hour. They used to pay $4.50 per hr. I am glad that wages are going up and businesses are starting to pay better pay for SG labour

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what has spending millions of dollars on Li Jia Wei and Feng TW benefited Singaporeans? I am glad STTA has more or less abandoned its FT scheme.

When will the pap abandon its FT scheme and go for Singaporeans instead. In the short run, there may be some pain for businesses but in the long run, going for Singaporeans first will benefit Singapore and Singaporeans

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The foreigners scheme is a mistake and the sooner the pap admits it, the better it is for Singapore

what has spending of millions on foreign players like susilo, gonclaves, etc, benefited Singapore and Singaporeans? almost zero.

The foreigners' first scheme is a bad mistake and a nightmare. The sooner the pap admits it and take corrective action, the better. when will pap MPs voice out to their ministers?

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How can a cheap PRC hawker assistant at Kopitiam benefit Singapore? All she does is take away the job of a Singaporean auntie, benefit the boss and make a bowl of noodles $4 rather than $4.20.

I would rather pay for a $4.20 bowl of noodle and see that the Singaporean auntie working and less congestion, less littering and less social probl;ems in SG.

When will the pap stop the influx of cheap 3rd world foreign workers?

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sexual corruption like Palmer's case is harder to prove and convict

I beg to differ. Does it mean that double standard is practice when a PAP MP's sexual corruption is harder to prove and convict, he goes scot-free?

The pictures already shows that PA is involved.
Picture shown below is Palmer and Laura in a foreign restaurant. Comment on that picture was Zuhai.

Whose money is used to fund PA and these overseas trip??

If CPIB can investigate sexual corruption on top level civil servants, then Palmer's photos and sms warranty suspicion for an investigation.

Surely what's good for the goose is good for the gander, no?

zhuhai-2.jpg

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I beg to differ. Does it mean that double standard is practice when a PAP MP's sexual corruption is harder to prove and convict, he goes scot-free?

The pictures already shows that PA is involved.
Picture shown below is Palmer and Laura in a foreign restaurant. Comment on that picture was Zuhai.

If CPIB can investigate sexual corruption on top level civil servants, then Palmer's photos and sms warranty suspicion for an investigation.

Surely what's good for the goose is good for the gander, no?

A picture like that does not prove that Palmer had committed sexual corruption.

Also it's CPIB's prerogative to proceed or not to proceed with an investigation.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A picture like that does not prove that Palmer had committed sexual corruption.

Also it's CPIB's prerogative to proceed or not to proceed with an investigation.

Agreed on a picture like that does not prove that Palmer had committed sexual corruption.

But there is enough pictures to show that PA was involved, were there any "favourable outcomes" from Palmer's relationship on Laura Ong and her sister Cindy Ong's career and the sms to warranty suspicion for an investigation.

CPIB's prerogative not to proceed with an investigation only shows that they are practicing double standard.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed on a picture like that does not prove that Palmer had committed sexual corruption.

But there is enough pictures to show that PA was involved, were there any "favourable outcomes" from Palmer's relationship on Laura Ong and her sister Cindy Ong's career and the sms to warranty suspicion for an investigation.

CPIB's prerogative not to proceed with an investigation only shows that they are practicing double standard.

I agree with what you said abt Palmer's case.

Govt agencies practising double standards is very evident in SG and dissapointing. If an opposition member had indulged in corruption, I am sure CPIB wld use all means available to nail him. How Palmer got away so lightly doesn't speak well for the pap. Remember how Khaw BW and LHL were after Workers Party blood when YSL was accused of adultery. But they remained cowed and hauntingly quiet when Palmer confessed to his adultery. Hypocrites!

Sexual adultery is harder to nail than money corruption. so I suspect many got away

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NBG's and Peter Lim's cases were actually quite clear cut. Even then CPIB fumbled and NBG managed to get away. Can you imagine how difficult it is for CPIB to convict a lesser clear cut case? so i suspect CPIB may prefer to be safe than look incompetent

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. MRT Congestion
2. Housing problem
3. Hospital beds shortage
4. Unemployment of locals
5. Increased suicide rate
6. Unhappiness of citizens
7. Road congestion
8. High ERP rates without easing traffic congestion
9. Bus crowdedness
10. National Service for locals, jobs for foreigners
11. PAP running out of idea how to promote economic growth but having to resort to vices such as gambling.
12. Increased social problems and integration due to high influx of cheap, unskilled and unqualified migrant laboour with their 3rd world social behaviour and lawlessness

Are these signs of the crumbling of Singapore? The pap appears to run out of ideas how to bring SG forward but is taking the obvious easy ways out, bringing long term problems to SG.

Are the recent MRT failures precursors to more failures to come? Will there be forthcoming systemic failures of the Transport system, Medical Institutions, Housing issues, social problems?

Singtel, M1, DBS, POSB, were down and affected. Now Communications and banks are bad...the rot in SG continues.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A soiled diaper was deliberately thrown at a PAP MP recently. Has the pap analysed why such a thing was done to its MP?

Does the PAP feel that:

1. it is the man's problem. Charge him and convict him or send him to IMH - problem solved
2. it is the MP's problem. Let him settle it
3. the incident showed that Singaporeans are very angry with the pap. Better to get to the root cause and solve the anger problem.

Will the pap miss an opportunity to do some self reflection?