• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
not quite.. they have a bunch of D''xxx now. this is the P'xxx series .. they have A-Z series excluding the D and P to name

no lah, my point is... instead of calling it P'Residen... why don't they just call it The PRESIDENT. Sounds better right? For eg: The PRESIDENT @ Straits View. or something. They should call me in to name their condos.

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Value for money definitely is KL and or Penang. Buyers are likely more sophisticated there. Johor buyers are currently blind by the expensive baseline comparing in Singapore.

Not quite! Landed properties in Penang, not to talk about KL even right now are still much more expensive than those in JB! If you ask me, particularly in Penang, it doesn't make sense! JB is just next to a global financial centre with 5.4 million souls, where many have started to move over to stay. Penang is next to "Butterworth", where many Singaporeans haven't even heard of. And if you say it is because Penang is an island with limited land. JB also has limited land. USA is very much bigger than even Malaysia, Is New York cheap?Every city has limited land. Not just an island state or city. Lands further away from the city don't count.

This anomaly in prices will close up. It is the speed it does; not whether it would. For JB, in the short term with all these uncertainties, prices may be affected. But in the medium to long term, it should surpass Penang in Prices.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not quite! Landed properties in Penang, not to talk about KL even right now are still much more expensive than those in JB! If you ask me, particularly in Penang, it doesn't make sense! JB is just next to a global financial centre with 5.4 million souls, where many have started to move over to stay. Penang is next to "Butterworth", where many Singaporeans haven't even heard of. And if you say it is because Penang is an island with limited land. JB also has limited land. USA is very much bigger than even Malaysia, Is New York cheap?Every city has limited land. Not just an island state or city. Lands further away from the city don't count.

This anomaly in prices will close up. It is the speed it does; not whether it would. For JB, in the short term with all these uncertainties, prices may be affected. But in the medium to long term, it should surpass Penang in Prices.

I like your reasoning. Another thing that is attracting a lot of investors to Penang is the fact that it's similar toSingapore. The population is majority Chinese and the island is small. Central region is mostly hilly which is very difficult if at all possible to develope.

I think these reasons makes it attractive and the current state Govt is Chinese run and similar to PAP in the sense that it's pro business.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You probably need to start a "Living in London" thread...

UK developers:Berkleys, St George, Gillards, Ballymore
Malaysian developers in London: IJMLand, SP Setia, Arab Malaysian, E&O, etc.

Central London (Zone 1):
GBP 800 to GBP 1000 psf.
Square mile zone: GBP 1000 to GBP 1500 psf.
Super zone: GBP 2000 to GBP 3000 psf (Notting Hill, S. Kensington, Mayfair)
London (Zone 2): GBP 600 to GBP 800 psf

Average size:
Studio - 400 sq ft
1 room - 550 sq ft
2 room - 700 sq ft
3 room - 900 sq ft

Good luck guys.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always prefer E&O design sensibilities. If the price is ok then I would prefer this to the other developers

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
UK developers:Berkleys, St George, Gillards, Ballymore
Malaysian developers in London: IJMLand, SP Setia, Arab Malaysian, E&O, etc.

Central London (Zone 1):
GBP 800 to GBP 1000 psf.
Square mile zone: GBP 1000 to GBP 1500 psf.
Super zone: GBP 2000 to GBP 3000 psf (Notting Hill, S. Kensington, Mayfair)
London (Zone 2): GBP 600 to GBP 800 psf

Average size:
Studio - 400 sq ft
1 room - 550 sq ft
2 room - 700 sq ft
3 room - 900 sq ft

Good luck guys.

A boy from kepong.. how far have you flown. I salute you, dude.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lah, my point is... instead of calling it P'Residen... why don't they just call it The PRESIDENT. Sounds better right? For eg: The PRESIDENT @ Straits View. or something. They should call me in to name their condos.

i think the name is weird ..THE PRESIDENT? .. on the other hand, across the causeway we have THE TEMBUSU ..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
But their Penang project - Andaman or Quayside or something like that, IMO, quite ugly.

I tot it is an iconic property? Many Singaporeans who bought it said it was a very good deal. I was interested until I saw its price tag. No way I will pay a condo so far away - imagine travel from Singapore island to mainland Malaysia then to Penang island for >8 hours of drive, and I haven't even taken the jam at 1st/2nd link into account. Those who bought must have regretted.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Penang friend said that The Light was built on reclaim land. Apparently they did it quite fast. He was thinking that it might not be structurally stable.

E&O provided everything inside the condo typical of Singapore condo. Unlike other Malaysian developers which gives you a completely empty unit. And it's run by an experienced hotel group that's managing the development. Very cool. I think this makes it very attractive to Singaporeans.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Penang friend said that The Light was built on reclaim land. Apparently they did it quite fast. He was thinking that it might not be structurally stable.

E&O provided everything inside the condo typical of Singapore condo. Unlike other Malaysian developers which gives you a completely empty unit. And it's run by an experienced hotel group that's managing the development. Very cool. I think this makes it very attractive to Singaporeans.

We will know whether the buildings are structurally safe or not if earthquake strikes or 10-20 years down the road.
http://sgforums.com/forums/10/topics/241699

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property prices are highly influenced by the SweetYoungThing Index. More SYTs = Higher Prices. Search thru one of my previous posts to learn more.

no lah you're mixing up cause and effect. is the other way around. price goes high, then followed by SYT. But generally I concur. The prettier the girls, the more expensive the area. See Singapore.
btw, my guess is your post has been deleted due to, well, you being you.
Luckily, I remember having replied quoting your post re: the SYT theory, so forummers can search for my posts instead. :smile:

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lah you're mixing up cause and effect. is the other way around. price goes high, then followed by SYT. But generally I concur. The prettier the girls, the more expensive the area. See Singapore.
btw, my guess is your post has been deleted due to, well, you being you.
Luckily, I remember having replied quoting your post re: the SYT theory, so forummers can search for my posts instead. :smile:

Now I know why Mont Kiara so expensive. Got plenty of Jap SYT jogging around. LOL