• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cont'd....

S/No Total Units Year Complete Condo [Location]
===============================================
41 335 2016 Matex Residences [JB town]
42 786 ? Meridin @ Medini [Medini]
43 260 2013 Molek Pine 4 [Taman Molek]
44 910 2014 Nusa Heights Service Apartment [Nusa Jaya]
45 668 2017 One Temenggong [JB outskirt, Jalan Temenggong]
46 1160 2013 Palazio Service Apartment [Taman Mt Austin]
47 533 2015 Paragon Residences [JB Town, Lido Beach]
48 461 2016 Paragon Suites @ CIQ [JB town]
49 2003 2015 Parc Regency [Plentong]
50 222 2014 Perling Heights Apartments [Taman Perling]
51 264 2016 Pinetree Residences [Puteri Harbour]
52 275 2015 Pinnacle [JB town]
53 704 2015 Platino [Taman Bukit Mewah]
54 120 2015 Ponderosa LakeSide [Taman Ponderosa]
55 311 2016 Raffles Suites [Taman Sutera Utama]
56 483 2015 Residences @1 Tebrau [JB town]
57 506 2014 Seasons (Tower A&B only) [Jalan Larkin]
58 1230 2015 Seed @ Sutera Utama [Taman Sutera Utama]
59 420 2016 Seri Austin Residence Luxury Apartment [Tebrau]
60 294 2017 SKS Pavillion Residences [JB town]
61 588 2017 Sky 88 [JB town]
62 234 2016 Sky Breeze [Bt Indah]
63 364 2013 Sky Executive Suites [Bt Indah]
64 420 2013 Sky Garden @ Setia Tropika [Setia Tropika]
65 374 2014 Sky Loft [Bt Indah]
66 434 2015 Sky Oasis [Setia Indah]
67 482 2015 Sky Peak [Setia Tropika]
68 250 2015 Sky Suites @ Meldrum Hills [JB Town]
69 316 2016 Sky View [Bt Indah]
70 840 2016 Skyfront Danga Bay [Danga Bay]
71 584 2015 Southkey Mosaic Residences [JB Town]
72 342 2017 Suasana [JB town]
73 70 2014 Summerscape [JB Town]
74 1500 2015 Teega Residences [Puteri Harbour]
75 360 2017 Tri Tower Residences [JB town]
76 1149 2014 Tropez Residences [Danga Bay]
77 669 2016 Twin Galaxy [JB town]
78 320 2015 Twin Residences [Perling/Pasir Gudang]
79 260 ? V Summerplace [JB Town]
80 390 2015 WaterEdge Apartments [Senibong]
81 436 2018 WF Towers [JB town]
82 838 2017 Woods Residences @ Starhill [Starhill Golf CC, Kempas]
83 303 2013 Zennith Suite [Larkin]

Total No. of Units = 52,724 :confused:

With another mega PRC project on Danga Bay by Greenland coming up soon and the recent launched R&F Puteri Cove, add another 10,000 condo units!!!
Those who needs rental to service the loan, BAD NEWS!!!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
With another mega PRC project on Danga Bay by Greenland coming up soon and the recent launched R&F Puteri Cove, add another 10,000 condo units!!!
Those who needs rental to service the loan, BAD NEWS!!!

As of now, it seems to be about 100k condo units in e pipeline. To be fair, VP over next 3-4 years.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
As of now, it seems to be about 100k condo units in e pipeline. To be fair, VP over next 3-4 years.
Fair or not, with so many units coming on within the next 3 years and coupled with the already dismay rental market, its still a glut and a massive one too.
As I have mentioned, its not a problem for owner stay ones but those jumping onto the bandwagon with eyes closed and thinking the yield from rental can service their loan will be extremely disappointed.
And if situation get really bad, you'll begin to see bank repossession and LELONG LELONG all over the place.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fair or not, with so many units coming on within the next 3 years and coupled with the already dismay rental market, its still a glut and a massive one too.
As I have mentioned, its not a problem for owner stay ones but those jumping onto the bandwagon with eyes closed and thinking the yield from rental can service their loan will be extremely disappointed.
And if situation get really bad, you'll begin to see bank repossession and LELONG LELONG all over the place.

So any advice on JB property market? Looking into: Landed, condo, shop lots, offices, factories? Or all cannot buy? Hee

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
So any advice on JB property market? Looking into: Landed, condo, shop lots, offices, factories? Or all cannot buy? Hee

Landed, if in desirable area, still can and landed seldom depreciate too much unless of cos you buy at its peak.
Mid range condo, just be very careful because of the massive volume now in the market.
Shops and offices, especially in the suburb, is a total glut, need to study the location and its neighboring built-up extremely carefully.
Had anyone really look into the rental market as who are these would be tenants?
I was told that a large portion of tenants are actually Malaysians from other states working in JB or SG and are not big spenders on rental.
As for expatriates market, are there many in JB??

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed, if in desirable area, still can and landed seldom depreciate too much unless of cos you buy at its peak.
Mid range condo, just be very careful because of the massive volume now in the market.
Shops and offices, especially in the suburb, is a total glut, need to study the location and its neighboring built-up extremely carefully.
Had anyone really look into the rental market as who are these would be tenants?
I was told that a large portion of tenants are actually Malaysians from other states working in JB or SG and are not big spenders on rental.
As for expatriates market, are there many in JB??

Ok thx, assessment seems quite logical to me. Not a lot of landed at a nice price now though, esp with the RM 1 million rule.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
For landed probably must look out for those areas which are more unique..
Seems like coastal living is all the rage currently. Might not be bad for investment.

At least the supply should be limited to a certain extant.

But probably these units would also have seen some run up in prices already.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
For landed probably must look out for those areas which are more unique..
Seems like coastal living is all the rage currently. Might not be bad for investment.

At least the supply should be limited to a certain extant.

But probably these units would also have seen some run up in prices already.

City area (up to about 2km radius from CIQ) including the Danga Bay, because of higher land cost, will mostly be high density development.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a bull run; price will go up regardless how many condos in the pipeline.
When market crash; even there are no development; price still go down.

If you worry this and worry that; you are just giving yourself a reason not to buy......
Then I suggest.... don't buy.

During Singapore bull run; the most number of condo in the pipe line is during 2006.... that is the best time to buy.

However you should open your eye and compare..........example.....

WF Tower RM1500 psf
TriTower RM1400 psf
Astaka RM1300 psf
Sky 88 RM1400 psf
Pinnacle RM700 psf

Sometime property investment is such a simple game......

thanks for advice...but the Chinese phrases too profound...can explain?

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
City area (up to about 2km radius from CIQ) including the Danga Bay, because of higher land cost, will mostly be high density development.

Why so serious bro? Buy R N F! Like our brother here always say. Sure good investment! I also want to buy 10 units at RnF now. So good investment! Oh yeah..Anyway now so cheap cos no competition..:biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor scare this scare that after 20 years still don't have a single property except an HDB Flat.

For those who are buying, in any times of the markets, its good to be able to withstand the first few years without rental to cover the instalment. For me I am targeting 2030 for all these tolls and levies and super oversupply are irrelevant at all.

After all when I look at both countries future, Singapore is destined to fail after 2030 when the construction spree ends. Malaysia future looks bright because it has everything, sad to say this because I am amazed at the transformation of Malaysia since a decade ago.

If you worry this and worry that; you are just giving yourself a reason not to buy......

During Singapore bull run; the most number of condo in the pipe line is during 2006.... that is the best time to buy.

WF Tower RM1500 psf
TriTower RM1400 psf
Astaka RM1300 psf
Sky 88 RM1400 psf
Pinnacle RM700 psf

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor scare this scare that after 20 years still don't have a single property except an HDB Flat.

For those who are buying, in any times of the markets, its good to be able to withstand the first few years without rental to cover the instalment. For me I am targeting 2030 for all these tolls and levies and super oversupply are irrelevant at all.

After all when I look at both countries future, Singapore is destined to fail after 2030 when the construction spree ends. Malaysia future looks bright because it has everything, sad to say this because I am amazed at the transformation of Malaysia since a decade ago.

As long as the political situations are unstable, and rampant corruption and crime rate persist in regional countries, Singapore will remain as a prosperous regional hub. China doesn't base its offshore yuan centre in Singapore for nothing. In terms of growth, Johor will still be very promising as it has large tracts of undeveloped land, good supply of cheap labour and utilities.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bravo, schtaw. You are the King of contrarian investing in property. I make great efforts to carefully read every single word, whenever you Post.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not worry about R&F or Danga Bay development not giving investors a paper profit after a few year.
In fact; China developers are best in marketing and jacking up price. With them around; property prices will not stay low for long.

I am just worry people whom are buying for own stay; end up staying in a ghost city.

So for those whom buy for own stay; may want to consider a smaller size projects of around 300-500 units.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you are referring to my signature...... it is precisely telling you....

You cannot buy the ability to see the future.
有钱难买早知道。
Best experience money cannot buy is growing up poor.
千金难买少年穷。
10,000 generation of good karma to be rich.
万世修得千金富。
All wealth you gather will not last 3 generation.
万贯不过三代福。

Remember the first 2 sentences. It is true to anyone's life.......

If everyone can see the price of JB properties 10 years later; JB properties will be sold out in a flash. But it can be easily projected when you project it with inflation; rise in GST; and also comparing JB properties with Penang and KL.

Ultimately the best reason to buy JB is because of it's rich neighbour call Singapore.

thanks for advice...but the Chinese phrases too profound...can explain?

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are referring to my signature...... it is precisely telling you....

You cannot buy the ability to see the future.
有钱难买早知道。
Best experience money cannot buy is growing up poor.
千金难买少年穷。
10,000 generation of good karma to be rich.
万世修得千金富。
All wealth you gather will not last 3 generation.
万贯不过三代福。

Remember the first 2 sentences. It is true to anyone's life.......

If everyone can see the price of JB properties 10 years later; JB properties will be sold out in a flash. But it can be easily projected when you project it with inflation; rise in GST; and also comparing JB properties with Penang and KL.

Ultimately the best reason to buy JB is because of it's rich neighbour call Singapore.

Can you see yourself still hanging around in 10 years' time? For me, i give myself at best 50-50 odds. I much prefer properties that will shoot up in 5 years or less; 3 years, even better!!!!!

Last edited:

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not worry about R&F or Danga Bay development not giving investors a paper profit after a few year.
In fact; China developers are best in marketing and jacking up price. With them around; property prices will not stay low for long.

I am just worry people whom are buying for own stay; end up staying in a ghost city.

So for those whom buy for own stay; may want to consider a smaller size projects of around 300-500 units.

I bought a unit at R&F for investment and future exit strategy from Singapore..
I am also fearful of the oversupply situation..
Excessive no. of units in this project..
But 1 thing is certain..

This is one of the few condos within walking distance from CIQ...
Location is SUPERB for me..

Hence, I bought a unit..

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi shctaw,

The Singapore property market is also facing a oversupply.

Like to hear your view on the Singapore market ?

WF Tower RM1500 psf
TriTower RM1400 psf
Astaka RM1300 psf
Sky 88 RM1400 psf
Pinnacle RM700 psf

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as the political situations are unstable, and rampant corruption and crime rate persist in regional countries, Singapore will remain as a prosperous regional hub. China doesn't base its offshore yuan centre in Singapore for nothing. In terms of growth, Johor will still be very promising as it has large tracts of undeveloped land, good supply of cheap labour and utilities.
One of main reasons of my hesitation is crime rate there as I heard stories about robberies etc...someone told me a few years ago, her boss bought a landed property in JB. While playing majong with his friends, a group of robberies carrying parangs and went in to rob him + majong kakies...not sure how the security now though...