• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
A reasonable argument. Makes sense. It's possible as it is in line with the govt effort to control housing prices for its citizens. But unfortunate for the locals who are speculating.

there are a lot of locals (meaning malaysians) speculating. cutting them off will have broad negative effect the market. which foreigner will buy a house in a deserted taman (remember there is the 20% foreigner quota for new development). Do you actually think ONLY singaporeans / foreigner are enough to sustain iskandar (esp the newer developed greenfield areas?)
actually the whole idea is not well thought out. I am positive there are sultans' relative and cronies also buy for speculating. so they can't resell their million dollar astaka unit to a wealthy arab in future? It doesn't make any sense. even if the ruling is implemented i am sure local can still sell to foreigner under 'special' circumstances.

Last edited:

skypool

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cont'd....

S/No Total Units Year Complete Condo [Location]
===============================================
41 335 2016 Matex Residences [JB town]
42 786 ? Meridin @ Medini [Medini]
43 260 2013 Molek Pine 4 [Taman Molek]
44 910 2014 Nusa Heights Service Apartment [Nusa Jaya]

Total No. of Units = 52,724 :confused:

Great information, thanks for your great sharing. If we have the psf price range, that will be great. :smile:

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are a lot of locals (meaning malaysians) speculating. cutting them off will have broad negative effect the market. which foreigner will buy a house in a deserted taman (remember there is the 20% foreigner quota for new development). Do you actually think ONLY singaporeans / foreigner are enough to sustain iskandar (esp the newer developed greenfield areas?)
actually the whole idea is not well thought out. I am positive there are sultans' relative and cronies also buy for speculating. so they can't resell their million dollar astaka unit to a wealthy arab in future? It doesn't make any sense. even if the ruling is implemented i am sure local can still sell to foreigner under 'special' circumstances.

I think better to take away the DIBS, which is really encouraging speculating in the M'sian. A local just need to put very small amt of down payment minus developer discount then get 90% loan, pay till key is available. Result in loca only buy new project, 2nd hand cant sell.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think better to take away the DIBS, which is really encouraging speculating in the M'sian. A local just need to put very small amt of down payment minus developer discount then get 90% loan, pay till key is available. Result in loca only buy new project, 2nd hand cant sell.

there are many way to control speculation rather than a rule restricting local from sell to foreighner. for eg implement higher RPGT and improve on banding of the RPGT, remove DIBS etc.

Last edited:

sunriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great information, thanks for your great sharing. If we have the psf price range, that will be great

Puteri Cove Residences (Units=1054(included 56 units SOHO), Year=2017)

Very hard to source the current psf prices.... almost like shooting a moving target too.:*:

Even the total no. of units for each project varies by sources. I have PCR in my list, but with 800 units. Where did you get 1054? :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good general info. Keep it up. It's good to know what's the impending supply tsunami coming.

I did my own compilation a few months and concluded something, then posted e prediction in another forum, and kenna whacked by another forum member who didn't want to hear any of it :*:

By e way, my method includes e locations n year of VP, so I roughly know which area in which year might face over supply. Ur data is more up to date n probably can give a more accurate picture than mine.

But be careful u r stirring hornets' nests.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
After Country garden announce the 9K or 10K units I suspected the supply will be huge. The list helps to confirm my suspicion. I think it is still not complete as there is the 3rd block in Senibong Cove that will be launch soon.

Just within the last 1 or 2 weeks already got infor or invite to at least 3 new condos.

The recent announcement of Hauwei data center and Hershey factory may give some relieve that these condos ( which many say it out of reach of the average Johor working folks ) will be consume.

Thanks for starting this thread.

It also help to summarize what is out there and if you are shopping for a condo, well it help summarize the developments to look at or buy. :biggrin:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would pple be angry unless they have already bought unaware of huge supply coming. But property investment have to be aware of the risks.

sunriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just within the last 1 or 2 weeks already got infor or invite to at least 3 new condos.

What are these new condos? If they are already launched, I like to include them in my list. But if they are only open for registration of interest, I will keep them in my KIV list :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I think they are launched, those Mb or Mahabuilder projects are all sold out as priced low (like rm300k plus for 3 room units I heard). Midori green at Austin height priced higher (like rm500k plus for 3 room unit) but also sold out for phase 1 and not many units left for phase 2 when I was there. Senai garden got banner long time ago. Paradiso not launched meh? i come across one booth at Sutera mall few months ago selling it.

Great!!!

I will take Ujana out from the list as cutoff is 2013 onwards.

Some comments:

1) For One Danga, developer website lists 618 units, but saw lots of other websites listing 960 units as well :smile: I'll use developer figure, to be conservative.

2) Came across Senai Garden before, but didn't include it as it's located in Zone E Iskandar. So far away haha. But what the heck, the listing is for Iskandar, and I will include this project.

3) My intention is to only include projects that are already launched. But I will maintain a separate KIV list for projects that are rumored to be launched soon, or only open for registration. Otherwise there are quite a few ambitious projects which I'm not sure will actually see light of day (eg. rumored 1769 units at Avira@ Medini, 382 units at Paradiso Nuovo @ Medini etc). To include all these will be mind-boggling :smile:

4) Not sure about status for One Danga and Medini Signature, but the other names in your list seems to be launched already. Any confirmation?

Once we reach the milestone of 100 Condo Projects OR 60K Total Units, I shall republish the condo listing for easy reference. Akan Datang :smile:

Keep the contributions coming in.