• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Caling skyloft owner:Wufucheng,Eessee,relielty & khongsha, you recieved the sms about the pre vacant posession briefing session on this weekend from setia?Wonder what's the briefing all about and if key collection can be done on that day?

Unfortunately, am out of town, please update status of briefing. Heard from friends who bought sky executive suites during their briefing sessions, they were informed of increase in monthly maintenance and they were met with protests from the owners. Now maybe they get smaller groups so it is easier to handle the owners. Am sure some of the sky executive suites owners also bought skyloft would know what to expect from Setia.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, am out of town, please update status of briefing. Heard from friends who bought sky executive suites during their briefing sessions, they were informed of increase in monthly maintenance and they were met with protests from the owners. Now maybe they get smaller groups so it is easier to handle the owners. Am sure some of the sky executive suites owners also bought skyloft would know what to expect from Setia.

Cutting back on maintenance may not be a good idea in the mid to long term. Labour, utilities and parts costs are all going up fast in JB.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope,i did nt recieved the text on the VP,juz happen to know from face book that some gg over for the briefing this weekend,I guess mine will be the last being high floor unit and not Malaysian,hope to see more photos of the development facilities photo,now see some post saying abt rental and some wanting to sell,quite amazed abt the asking type b asking 1million,muz b nuts!testing water bah,if can fetch this price tag I sell,as the supply coming up is insane.rental yeild as this moment looks good too.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope,i did nt recieved the text on the VP,juz happen to know from face book that some gg over for the briefing this weekend,I guess mine will be the last being high floor unit and not Malaysian,hope to see more photos of the development facilities photo,now see some post saying abt rental and some wanting to sell,quite amazed abt the asking ��type b asking 1million,muz b nuts!testing water bah,if can fetch this price tag I sell,as the supply coming up is insane.rental yeild as this moment looks good too.

I called, they told me VP briefing for today n 2morow only.
Total 8 sessions. But can go to BI office to ask anytime.
Was told bring cheque (RM1200) for the Electrical Deposit?????

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks wufucheng,no rush in this case,wait for em to notify me,chey thought can get keys,guess alot of things to pay up,probably will.ask. us to pay 6mth maitenance fee and etc.juz be prepare with money.

Khongsha

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went for the briefing today. Mainly apply for Electric and Water. Briefing on VP key collection, renovation deposit (RM2k), maintenance 25 cents/sqft for 4 myths upfront. Roughly mid of July VP but subject to whether the last payment from Bank (for owner who make loan) collected or not.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Khongsha,over this forum theres only four of us as owner of skyloft,appreciate your update,you manage to pop in the development?the payment for electrical,renovation paymenet is to pay up during key collection?if base on 25cents my units is abt 300rm+monthly.

Khongsha

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Khongsha,over this forum theres only four of us as owner of skyloft,appreciate your update,you manage to pop in the development?the payment for electrical,renovation paymenet is to pay up during key collection?if base on 25cents my units is abt 300rm+monthly.

Deposit for apply the electricity was paid during the briefing, as for renovation deposit I suppose will b when u r going to do renovation. Yah, about Rm 300+ for type B 2rm.

BTW, Setia gave everyone of us a set of tea set after paying the deposit...:smile:

Khongsha

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.jpg
image.jpg
Taken from the side of Sky loft, the nearest I can get.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 492

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some points to add:
Signing for TNB(electrical) & SAJ (water) connection,
Single-phase / Deposit RM750
Three-phase / Deposit RM1200
Stamp Duty: RM10

After the above, just wait for their Letter............
Then make appointment for key collection and Joint Inspection
--> Some items (eg Taps.....) have a warranty period of ONLY 14 days???????
--> Ask them to print a set of the briefing note (presentation slides), they said they will send via email
-----> Lets wait (whether they send, as I D'ONT believe them just as they said they hv sent us SMS for the VP briefing which I told them I hv never receive) , otherwise must pressure them as we need to know exactly which are the items (warranty for 14 days) and what to check BEFORE Joint Inspection

Renovation is only allow up to 2 months.
Window grilles only according to their guidelines (Stainless Steel & White powder coated if I am not wrong)

Water pressure is 2 bar up to main door and there after 1.5 bar {according to them, this is the building std allowed (can someone verify?)}

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I happen to check with Electrolux Roadshow Air Con Promotion at BI, they told me that the Air Con Pipes provided for The Sky is NOT suitable for Inverter Air Con

However, according to Setia Estate Management the copper piping provided for Sky Loft is suitable for Inverter Air Con??????

Inverter Air Con needs a thicker copper pipe (but they do not know the thickness?????).

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I happen to check with Electrolux Roadshow Air Con Promotion at BI, they told me that the Air Con Pipes provided for The Sky is NOT suitable for Inverter Air Con

However, according to Setia Estate Management the copper piping provided for Sky Loft is suitable for Inverter Air Con??????

Inverter Air Con needs a thicker copper pipe (but they do not know the thickness?????).
It's not exactly due to Inverter Air-con. It's due to the type of refrigerant (gas) used. The newer and ozone friendly type R-410A will require much higher pressure and hence, thicker copper piping. The standard copper piping is only for use with type R-22.

Most brands will still have (Inverter) models using R-22. I'm using DAIKIN Inverter (up to 2Hp) and using R-22. A good air-con contractor will be able to advise you appropriately. When I run my copper piping previously, I paid a little more for the thicker piping so that I can change to the R-410A type in future without hacking the wall again.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not exactly due to Inverter Air-con. It's due to the type of refrigerant (gas) used. The newer and ozone friendly type R-410A will require much higher pressure and hence, thicker copper piping. The standard copper piping is only for use with type R-22.

Most brands will still have (Inverter) models using R-22. I'm using DAIKIN Inverter (up to 2Hp) and using R-22. A good air-con contractor will be able to advise you appropriately. When I run my copper piping previously, I paid a little more for the thicker piping so that I can change to the R-410A type in future without hacking the wall again.

Thanks Winners
Will check before any Air Con Installation

Some Air Con Tips:
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesAirCon?OpenDocument
http://singapore-aircon-selection.blogspot.sg/
http://www.airconguru.blogspot.sg/
http://singapore-aircon-materials.blogspot.sg/

Just a little side track:
08:00 Took CW3 from JE
08:16 Reach CIQ Tuas (Bus need to Q as there are many tour buses this morning)
08:28 Q for passport clearance at CIQ Tuas
08:33 Get back to bus
08:38 Reach CIQ JB (Q for passport clearance, this morning a little crowded)
08:52 Get back to bus
09:20 Reach Jusco Bukit Indah

So from JE to Jusco BI --> 1 hr 20 mins

Cheers

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just receive this email this morning from SP Setia

Attachments

• Sky Loft Important Notes for Homeowners_14Jul14.pdf
    630.1 KB · Views: 1,052

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wufucheng,thanks for the attachment and the timming of travelling from JE to JB BI,next time I will copy and paste that to frends whom want to visit me at JB BI,with CTKDanny,we have total 6 owners of Skyloft project in this forum.Cheers :smile:
(ps Danny,wow your join date is 2008,you have been eyeing ppty in JB so way early)