• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The secrets to retiring happily

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember when I used to stay in a HDB flat, some people looked down on me. After I managed to shift out of the heartlands into a condo, these same "low grade" people started to envy and even hate me.
I know what you meant. 见高,见低就踩.

When I was living in Sg condo, there were once a bunch of Ang Mohs who ganged up, proposed to reduced the size of MC to 7 or less. Their rationale was so as to facilitate faster decision making. Somehow, the few "local" condo residents who turned up for the AGM bought their story, together with the many Ang Mohs who turn up for the AGM voted them in. As they banded together and with a group of 4 in an MC of 7, they basically "rule" the condo, making decisions which only benefited themselves and their supporters, this we were to find out after they got into power. In later years, a group of "locals" (including me) banded together and sabo their ensuing efforts to control the MC. So, one can also get "hated" for living in a condo.

If I were to retire in Sg, I will have to continue to live in a Condo as landed is not an option. I MAY be unlucky to suffer or fight unfair Condo MCs. Condo Mgmt in JB isn't any different. A Sg friend of mine who has invested in JB condos near the causeway shared with me that he fought to get into MC in order to prevent hanky pranky and protect his own interests. To stop worrying about this, I chose to live in landed which is within reach without putting too big a dent on my savings. Guarded & Gated with security patrolling regularly for safe living.

I wish you well with good neighbours and MC. Perhaps, you can join the MC if you have not already done so, to spend "retirement" time productively benefitting the condo community? While MC only meet perhaps once a month, One can get very busy if one chooses to spend time getting involved instead of leaving it all to the Condo Mgr. Sometimes it can feel like a full time job, especially if you happen to be saddled with less capable condo mgr, such was my experience.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember when I used to stay in a HDB flat, some people looked down on me. After I managed to shift out of the heartlands into a condo, these same "low grade" people started to envy and even hate me.
You Malaysians are so fortunate to be able to stay in hdb. I would love to stay in hdb anytime, the new bto are better than condo anytime.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately you can’t control low grade people’s hatred of you. And these bully dogs are all very proud to do lots of dirty trick.
Low grade is an understatement. Should be evil low grade people bully dogs. See me sick today and sleeping the whole day made knocks the whole day not called evil low grade people then called what. 趁你病要你命!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, one can also get "hated" for living in a condo.
So you saying that’s how people get hatred. But that’s not me. And in fact I am the opposite of what you said. I did many good things for the benefit of other condo residents, including those harassing me now. I am the one that fight the developer last time to install windows, grilles, tiles etc at the corridor. But of course evil low grade people bully dogs are ingrates that will not give a damn. And ya they are what you said act nice act subservient to higher people or police while hide in rat hole vicious bullies. 见高,见低就踩indeed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
But of course evil low grade people bully dogs are ingrates that will not give a damn.
Evil low grade FOREIGNERS bully dogs to be precise since @AHGS14 also highlighted “locals” many times. Btw I am not saying locals aka sinkies are anything great and not surprised at all they gang up with foreigners to bully others. I am the good exception not the norm okay?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condo Mgmt in JB isn't any different.
Let’s be honest condo management in jb are worse. My committee members stole the common landscaped land to plant vegetables for their own consumption and I have to go to court to fight them to remove the farm. No joke almost one year long drawn process.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let’s be honest condo management in jb are worse. My committee members stole the common landscaped land to plant vegetables for their own consumption and I have to go to court to fight them to remove the farm. No joke almost one year long drawn process.
I am so grateful to msia government with good and cheap court system specially for such condo management cases. Spore no such good thing!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You Malaysians are so fortunate to be able to stay in hdb. I would love to stay in hdb anytime, the new bto are better than condo anytime.
Oh ya I not anyhow say hor but based on concrete experience of staying in brand new condo in Singapore last year. New condos now are so cramped in common space, long and narrow corridors and only two lifts for 10 or 12 units while in hdb you get at least three lifts for that. Lift is very important you know. Two lifts mean waiting long time for lift at peak hours and when one lift breaks down it’s super long wait.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya I not anyhow say hor but based on concrete experience of staying in brand new condo in Singapore last year. New condos now are so cramped in common space, long and narrow corridors and only two lifts for 10 or 12 units while in hdb you get at least three lifts for that. Lift is very important you know. Two lifts mean waiting long time for lift at peak hours and when one lift breaks down it’s super long wait.
And not just that. Look at new bto landscaping, they are the same or similar as condo and with much more space. Whole rooftop of landscaping!

The only thing is no facility but I hardly or rather don’t use facilities in my condo. One year I swim one time or so and my condo I didn’t swim at all since I moved back. Ya I used ZERO facility in condo.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And look at the design of new bto. They are so pretty and good with semi detached or detached units while brand new condo you get one slab with units like terrace units with common wall to wall.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And look at the design of new bto. They are so pretty and good with semi detached or detached units while brand new condo you get one slab with units like terrace units with common wall to wall.
The only good thing of brand new condo is the balcony. That’s nice and good to have. Bully dogs can’t throw anything to hit your windows.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And not just that. Look at new bto landscaping, they are the same or similar as condo and with much more space. Whole rooftop of landscaping!

The only thing is no facility but I hardly or rather don’t use facilities in my condo. One year I swim one time or so and my condo I didn’t swim at all since I moved back. Ya I used ZERO facility in condo.
And the reason I don’t swim is because nowadays with so many evil low grade people around, the water is so dirty and I ALWAYS get sick after swimming in condo pools.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the reason I don’t swim is because nowadays with so many evil low grade people around, the water is so dirty and I ALWAYS get sick after swimming in condo pools.
Oh ya not just I say so hor, my long term neighbour also told me she stopped swimming for the same reason.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
@True Believer Why no reply? Because you are a sinkie that proves me right sinkies always gang up with foreigners when it comes to the crunch? Only I am the silly one that fight foreigners to hire sinkie Cantonese (and get betrayed).

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with sinkies is that they are no different from tiongs: Both love to compare. Both want big house, big car and want others to see them up. That's where the stress comes in.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am stating facts and it’s called freedom of speech. Not like you despicable bully dogs self entitled to tell lies to harm me. Pui!
me oso stating facts... oso fos... u see, both of them can't be bother to return ur comments... really kaypoh lau kway slut ! :geek:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
me oso stating facts... oso fos... u see, both of them can't be bother to return ur comments... really kaypoh lau kway slut ! :geek:
Slut is a fact? Then why you hakka cantonese bully dog son of slut dare not swear if I am a virgin you die a violent death and next 18 generations become whore? Evil coward liar crininal bully dog. Pui!