• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not saying SV no good la..wait for senibong@medini, which is side by side to it. then u'll wat i mean liao..:smile:

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not saying SV no good la..wait for senibong@medini, which is side by side to it. then u'll wat i mean liao..:smile:

That 1 is by Mah Sing ah? Should be pretty gd. A business associate bought their iPARC factory. Location v gd but I no money liao esp for big ticket items like factory..... haha

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
malpaso is so clever. my thoughts exactly. if its cheap, it is worth a punt. if its not cheap, better to spend the money on nite clubs.

Pasir Ris may be over supplied for now. But at least one international school will move into the neighbourhood in due course. Rental demand will go up. Just wait and see.

As for landed in JB, it baffles me why Singaporeans will want to risk so much for a landed. It is suppose to be your home. A sanctuary from the evils of the outside world. It is not a sanctuary if you cant protect it, which is the reason why every Singaporean son serves NS. A JB landed can never be my sanctuary unless the Sultan will rent me his private army. But if I can afford his private army, I might as well buy a bigger landed in SG.

Because my home was burglared when I was living overseas, I am paranoid with security, which is also the reason why I wont buy a house in JB. Unless I have 4 sons who are as brave and strong as me, I cant effectively protect my house from burglars. Burglary is scary because it can be done when you are sleeping. Totally defenceless. Robbery - at least you have a fighting chance or running chance if you prefer. Anyway, to me, its just too much stress to enjoy the property.

Actually I got a whole lot more to write, but I need to cut my nails now.

-- strictly my opinon!--
i disagree as singapore is blue chip property investment compare to JB, and developments in singapore have more sustainability moving forward, as the development matures. pasir ris condo like ripple bay is minutes walk from cinema (showing movies that are not censored), downtown east, beach, .. near to world class transport, with a well educated neighbourhood and good jobs nearby, good schools, university, and no need to fight causeway jam for 2 hours or more every day. in malaysia, you don't really sure what may happen to the neighbourhood in 5 year, 10 year, 15 year time. may be good, may be bad. But if it's CHEAP, it's worth to try. Once it's no longer cheap, the push for buying jb house evaporates.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for landed in JB, it baffles me why Singaporeans will want to risk so much for a landed.

To be honest, as a true blue Singaporean, it baffles me why Singaporeans want to pay sky high prices for a condo in JB, when you can get a landed for the same or lower price. Are condos really that secured compared to landed?

There's maintenance issues of the building facade (MY condos known for poor maint), and crimes can be committed by tenants themselves, or in the underground carparks where it is most dangerous. With alarms, CCTVs and gd security guards, is it really that easy to break into G&G MY landed compared to condos?

Just one man's view. Take it with a pinch of salt. Haha

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taken with a pinch of salt. Totally respect that view.

ceteris paribus, its definitely, easier to defend a condo unit than a house. 20 floors up and only a door as the only point of entry versus 30x80 feet of perimeter with at least 2 doors and multiple windows, not mention the 2nd floor is accessible with an ordinary ladder, landed is definitely harder to secure. if you have done your camp guard duty during your NS, you would know that 6 men cant be stationed at all points along the fence. anyway, there is nothing to gain from winning this debate, I can accept your view.

Condo prices in JB are not sky high. depending on what you buy, RM600 for bare unit or RM1,000 (as of Jan 2013) for partially fitted unit is very affordable. RM600 psf really sky high? for a Singaporean? Really? RM600 psf still comes with common facilities of swimming pool and gym room and BBQ pit/s.

Another reason why condo is good cos once my car enters the car park, my ktv gal can be quickly whisked away into the lift and straight away into the apartment. In G&G landed, there is no gate outside the house and there is no garage to park the car. The moment the girl comes out, ALL YOUR NEIGHBOURS can see. Then this is truly dangerous.

To be honest, as a true blue Singaporean, it baffles me why Singaporeans want to pay sky high prices for a condo in JB, when you can get a landed for the same or lower price. Are condos really that secured compared to landed?

There's maintenance issues of the building facade (MY condos known for poor maint), and crimes can be committed by tenants themselves, or in the underground carparks where it is most dangerous. With alarms, CCTVs and gd security guards, is it really that easy to break into G&G MY landed compared to condos?

Just one man's view. Take it with a pinch of salt. Haha

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another reason why condo is good cos once my car enters the car park, my ktv gal can be quickly whisked away into the lift and straight away into the apartment. In G&G landed, there is no gate outside the house and there is no garage to park the car. The moment the girl comes out, ALL YOUR NEIGHBOURS can see. Then this is truly dangerous.

LOL on the KTV gals. No one ask u to buy strata-titled G&G landed mah..... Buy individual titled G&G landed and you can fence up anyway you want. You can even demolish the entire house to build a super garage cum house. But I also respect your views on condo security, which is a common perception among Singaporeans (not PR & locals though).

Anyway in time to come, the free market will decide whose viewpoint is right. At this moment, it's semi-d & bungalows which are leading the price rise though....

PS: For condos, I quite like V @ summerplace and Sky Suites @ Meldrum. Would seriously consider buying for cap appreciation, if only they are priced ard RM 750 psf...

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
what about nusa idaman ? cheaper and quite nearby amenities also, and build quality ok? i saw the houses from outside, frankly speaking, they look as nice or actually nicer than BI house.

Its maybe unfair for me to say this without proper research but i have checked the nusa idaman thread here and i think the taman is let down by presence of a surau and lax security it seems.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are vested in Sky Loft, just an update on it's progress.
:smile:

Attachments

• BI_Sky_Loft_East_31Aug13.jpg
    BI_Sky_Loft_East_31Aug13.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 201
  • BI_Sky_Loft_NE_31Aug13.jpg
    BI_Sky_Loft_NE_31Aug13.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
  • BI_Sky_Loft_South_31Aug13.jpg
    BI_Sky_Loft_South_31Aug13.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 224
  • BI_Sky_Loft_SE_31Aug13.jpg
    BI_Sky_Loft_SE_31Aug13.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 197
  • CG_Kranji_31Aug13.jpg
    CG_Kranji_31Aug13.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 209

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wufucheng,nice..reaches the top floor liao?You bought CG?Anyway thanks for the photo

Hi destansooming,
It's only 30th level (due to the selamat hari raya, many worker baleh kampong (Indonesia).
Now building 31st & 32nd (Penthouse)
May be end of Sep will reach top level.
Not vested in CG, population density too high. Just kepoh, kepoh.........
From CG, U can see Kranji and Bukit Timah hill.
Cheers & Have A Nice Day

LoveGoodGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, two week ago went setia office signed Rhb offer letter cum payment for state consent application; setia sale staff said 3 unit of D' flore returned as the loan application disapproved. And setia increase it to RM1.5 M despite of the all time Rm1.3 M.
BI cluster house pricing higher than surrounding tamans and yet D flore sold out very fast; even Malaysian lot all taken, is not easy to attract the Malaysian buyer unless the value is assured. Good news for BI house owner.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told by agent already have subsale for 2 room at 600 and 620 psf........ probably just legal agreement seeing how the unit not TOP yet.

Can anyone share some info on the subsale psf for the 1-rm & 2-rm units in The Sky (the completed one)?

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Niucomer,you can visit Ppty guru.my?Sky Executive,2bedroom mid flr 826sqft rm593psf rm490,000 (only for malaysian?) this is 1+1 not strictly a 2 room,its a room with utility room,the other unit international lot,rm575,000,psf rm696.Sky Executive is the completed one,Skyloft still constructing,the asking will be slighlty higher,cause we brought higher than Sky Executive.However current launch even higher.BTW Y Apartment,we are the sieow lang ,why not consider landed?

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
BARE UNIT?Nope the units I saw all came with interior,say the 600psf for 826sqft meaning rm49,5600 it have not cross the rm500,000, say we are not local,do we require to check if its international lot even if it cross the rm500,000 mark?Say if its 600psf at mid floor should be ok bah couple with nice ID,chances that the asking will be higher once skyloft complete?I dnt kn if theres a government agency at Malaysia to check on the last trans price for the development,if have its will be easier to guage.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
BARE UNIT?Nope the units I saw all came with interior,say the 600psf for 826sqft meaning rm49,5600 it have not cross the rm500,000, say we are not local,do we require to check if its international lot even if it cross the rm500,000 mark?Say if its 600psf at mid floor should be ok bah couple with nice ID,chances that the asking will be higher once skyloft complete?I dnt kn if theres a government agency at Malaysia to check on the last trans price for the development,if have its will be easier to guage.
-to my understading!p
there is no such thing as 'international lot' designation by authorities (ie land office). it's just bumi, non bumi , or malay reserved land. international lot, as i understand it, is a term coined by developers, and it means 'this lot is above 500,000RM and is non bumi, and we haven't hit our xx% foreighner quota in sales, thus foreigner is allowed to buy". someone correct me if wrong.

Last edited:

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Sg buyers dont bother with the 1+1 unit, as may not get state approval. Even if asking price above 500k, if valuation of the state is lower just wasted a lot of time. Go for the 2+1 as valuation definately above 500k (abt 650k)

Better yet get the big units 3+1 at 800k that one sure pass state approval. Better act fast, rumours of inc min purchase price to 1 mil with inc state levy been circulating for few months, if really come into affect, no chance to get cheap units

Last edited: