• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking News! – PM Lee got mobbed

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
PM Lee mobbed as S'poreans converge in London's Victoria Park for Singapore Day
Published on Mar 29, 2014, 11:03 PM
By Zuraidah Ibrahim

It was Singapore's day in the sun literally at Victoria Park on Saturday.

London shrugged off its grey blanket of the past week and unfurled rare blue skies as the temperature rose to around 19 degrees. It almost felt like air-conditioned weather back home, but better, as Singaporeans descended onto the sun-drenched park to sample hawker food and enjoy the entertainment provided by homegrown stars such as the Dim Sum Dollies, Gurmit Singh and Hossan Leong and singers Jack and Rai.

Crowds began forming early and by noon, there were more than 10,000 guests soaking up a slice of Singaporeana and colonising a swathe of the sprawling park, named after the queen of the empire that once ruled Singapore.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong arrived to cheers and claps and mushrooming smartphones as people snapped pictures of him, but he did one better. He went on stage and took a picture of the waving audience, and then turned around to do a selfie with them in the background.

PM Lee being mobbed by young Singaporeans who were straining to take selfies with him, as he walks through an open area in front of the stage at Singapore Day 2014, at Victoria Park in London. -- ST PHOTO: STEPHANIE YEOW

"I am very happy to be here for such a beautiful Singapore Day. Some of you have private messaged me, emailed me, commented on my Facebook, liked me... I look forward to enjoying the laksa with you," he told the crowds.

As he left the stage, Mr Lee was mobbed by a surging crowd wanting to take pictures of him or their own selfie with the PM in the background.

The team overseeing the event from the National Population and Talent Department led by Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean and Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Grace Fu also mingled with guests, many of whom work, live and study here.

But more than 16 percent of those present had also travelled from all over Europe to be at the park, some as far away as Munich in Germany and Nice in France, for a chance to rekindle their links with Singapore and "relieve some of their homesickness", said Ms Fu.

Student volunteer Bing Xi, a third-year law student at Kings College, was there bright and early to manage other volunteers and confessed that all he could think of, he said, was "my intense strategising" on which food to queue up for first.

"I am going for the laksa, and then the teh tarik, and then I want the prata," said the 24-year-old, adding these were delights hard to come by for Singaporeans living abroad.

There was all of that on the menu, and more, including chicken rice, satay and bakchor mee from famous stalls back in Singapore.

As a volunteer who was to get word out about Singapore Day, Bing Xi said he didn't have to work very hard. "Everybody wanted to come here to meet and be with other Singaporeans. And it's great because I get to meet friends from up in Manchester and Liverpool who otherwise would not make the trek here."

Sixty-five year old Madam Peggy Quek was among those who came with a party of six friends, including two foreigners from South America and South Africa. "They've heard so much about Singapore and everything about Singapore makes all my friends, go "wah, wah, wah", so good."

For her, Singapore Day is a chance to make new friends as she did at the last event in London four years ago. She met a Singaporean who lives in Dusseldorf, Germany and last year went on a trip to Europe and rekindled the friendship.

A member of the pioneer generation, Madam Quek who has lived in London for 38 years but travels home twice a year, said: "Those days, my mother always told me, listen to the Government; this is a good Government and she was right."

Said DPM Teo: "I could feel the strong Singapore spirit...I am glad to see that many have a keen interest in what is happening in Singapore and want to contribute to make Singapore a better home for us all."

Earlier in the day, Ms Fu had a dialogue with 40 overseas Singaporeans. Several talked about the upcoming 50th anniversary celebrations for Singapore's independence next year and how they could contribute. "Many are keen to give back and the ideas they shared, such as helping the needy and how to bring new arts and cultural ideas to Singapore, have galvanised them."

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is pretty obvious that he is a very popular PM. I'm confident that the PAP will regain ALL lost ground come 2016 and gain at least 69% of the popular vote.

He fully deserves his popularity too. He's done an excellent job given the harsh realities of today's world. Who would have believed that a tiny nation with no natural resources would double its wealth under his watch.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate PM Lee for a job well done.

angbin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is pretty obvious that he is a very popular PM. I'm confident that the PAP will regain ALL lost ground come 2016 and gain at least 69% of the popular vote.

He fully deserves his popularity too. He's done an excellent job given the harsh realities of today's world. Who would have believed that a tiny nation with no natural resources would double its wealth under his watch.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate PM Lee for a job well done.

May I add, from fishing village, slum, mangrove etc etc yes? no? :oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
London shrugged off its grey blanket of the past week and unfurled rare blue skies as the temperature rose to around 19 degrees. It almost felt like air-conditioned weather back home, but better, as Singaporeans descended onto the sun-drenched park to sample hawker food and enjoy the entertainment

KNN... Pinky should be back home in Sinkiestan to peel away the haze with his magnificent presence! ptui!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
May I add, from fishing village, slum, mangrove etc etc yes? no? :oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

His father made the first great leap forward from fishing village to modern metropolis. LHL then took over the baton of leadership and has gained even more ground on the rest of the world.

It's really amazing how two people can make such a huge difference to an outcome. I'm constantly thanking my lucky stars that I have been able to witness and be part of such a historically significant series of events.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh yeah he is so popular that hundreds of thousands turn up to see him at his rallies. I am sure the crowds will really swell during the next GE when they bring on Gurmit, Dim Sum Dollies and their delicious spread of laksa and chicken rice. Oh yes and free selfies for everybody's Facebook.

Get real, Singaporeans have been known to go to wakes to gobble free food.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sinkies are truly losers even when they leave the country. What kind of retard will journey to London to get free food and take selfies with Gay Loong? Mob him some more? They should have turn their backs on him and walk away when he entered the area. Or chanted "Gay Loong Kayu".

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fuck lah, someone should have mugged this piece of shit in some London back alley.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it proves that the sinkie overseas diaspora (a.k.a. "quitters"), who are the more gutsy, risk-taking, enterprising and capable folks who left sg for better opportunities, better lifestyle, and higher paying jobs in their new cuntries, are more appreciative of the pm's hard work and success in his job than the "stayers" who are left behind in sg.

all it takes are a few years for "quitters" to find out for themselves how f*cked up their new cuntries are to truly appreciate and understand the compromises and tough decisions that sg leaders have to take to make sg a great place for those who live there. if the diaspora were all to return to sg to vote, a vast majority of them will vote for the pap knowing they have done an excellent job under challenging circumstances. :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why 69%? Not 99%?
With you as a PAP candidate, I am sure that the PAP will sweep the election. When are you going to take the plunge?
Tin Pei Ling, Ho Sun, Kong Hee and Serena Wee are eagerly waiting for you to join them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies are truly losers even when they leave the country. What kind of retard will journey to London to get free food and take selfies with Gay Loong? Mob him some more? They should have turn their backs on him and walk away when he entered the area. Or chanted "Gay Loong Kayu".

The sinkee mentality lah ...free air tickets to London from anywhere in Europe to be part of the backdrop...no sinkee can resist that offer.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me still don't understand why sinkees quitters still want to suck pinky cock? In fact, the right gesture to do is to point the middle finger at pinky!

The most idiotic ones are those who quit already but join simi lanjiao 'connect stinkapore' or 'stinkaporce chamber of commerce' or overseas stinkee clubs.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If some smart investigative journalists are there to take videos and photos of the mobbed crowd, don't be surprise is another mocked up for Shitty SPH news only.

There maybe more PA members air ported there to form the crowd like in the National Conversation. All wayangs for photo taking news.

Like in their GE rallies, aunties, uncles and JTC staffs were bus ported to the rally grounds for Shitty PSH photo takings only.

LKY says everything is knowing how to use marketing programs to sell sell sell.

it proves that the sinkie overseas diaspora (a.k.a. "quitters"), who are the more gutsy, risk-taking, enterprising and capable folks who left sg for better opportunities, better lifestyle, and higher paying jobs in their new cuntries, are more appreciative of the pm's hard work and success in his job than the "stayers" who are left behind in sg.

all it takes are a few years for "quitters" to find out for themselves how f*cked up their new cuntries are to truly appreciate and understand the compromises and tough decisions that sg leaders have to take to make sg a great place for those who live there. if the diaspora were all to return to sg to vote, a vast majority of them will vote for the pap knowing they have done an excellent job under challenging circumstances. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I have to agree with you and regretfully I have found out for myself now, unlike Singapore over here : I have to work so hard now due to a much bigger market presented to me ; I have to trouble myself to open more production facilities because it is so much more easier and less restrictive here ; wasted so much money buying land to build warehouses all over the country because it so cheap ; I also have too much time to waste over here which is why I'm always posting here and going to massage parlous - so many negativity I hope it is not too late for me this prodigal son to repent.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It juz shows the standard of today's quitters r different from the past

Me still don't understand why sinkees quitters still want to suck pinky cock? In fact, the right gesture to do is to point the middle finger at pinky!

The most idiotic ones are those who quit already but join simi lanjiao 'connect stinkapore' or 'stinkaporce chamber of commerce' or overseas stinkee clubs.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wrong lah. Most of them there are students ...those on government scholarships are compelled to be there, other students are given freebies to entice them there.
You jump with joy whenever the propaganda press spin. Are you spinning all the time?

Have you looked at the wearied faces of sinkees?

The world's cushiest government is in sinkapore? Where else can a minister make $1 million and look forward to a similarly generous pension? Each of these morons cost sinkapore $68 million minimum.

Being a PAP minister is easy job lah. You can even have time to steal toothpicks from Tin Dai Fung. Every month, fly to some foreign country to vacation, in the guise of working visit. What the hell is working visit? They come back from each trip with nothing to show.

Being the most expensive government in the world, they at best provide average result. The major problems faced by developed countries are here and the government has no solution either.

We are getting dirt for our money.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much will it cost tax payers for him to wayang in London?

$1M or 2M?

Oh yeah he is so popular that hundreds of thousands turn up to see him at his rallies. I am sure the crowds will really swell during the next GE when they bring on Gurmit, Dim Sum Dollies and their delicious spread of laksa and chicken rice. Oh yes and free selfies for everybody's Facebook.

Get real, Singaporeans have been known to go to wakes to gobble free food.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. These " tripod stands" could be children of PAP cronies getting their higher valued overseas degrees on govt scholarships.
2. The PAP ELITES may already have sent their cronies as advance parties in preparation for "running road" should the PAP get wiped out in GE 2016
3. These could be the typical "How Jia" Sinkie mentality, free goodie grabber, you can take the Sinkie out of Singapore but you can't take Singapore out of the Sinkie.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys, not so simple lah. Before the trip, alot of work there. Activating the local porlampars to activate all the quitters. Probably a few rehearsals with a few questions and answers from selected 'pappies friendly quitters'. So the entire wayang is not cheap. Imagine one very tulan sinkee quitter ask difficult questions or point middle finger or throw shoes at pinky, then how? So those there are selected ones.