• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee urged Singaporeans to work hard and stand together to support Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong and his 4G team

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ed-and-strengthen-shared-identity-says-pm-lee

Work harder to keep society united and strengthen shared identity, says PM Lee​

rrpmlee3112.jpg.JPEG

PM Lee Hsien Loong called on every Singaporean to come together to fulfil the nation’s aspirations and secure a bright future for Singapore. PHOTO: MCI FILE

SINGAPORE - In an era of rapid external and internal change, Singapore must work ever harder to keep its society together, and strengthen its sense of shared identity and nationhood, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in his annual New Year message.

The global environment will remain challenging for some time to come, and Singapore will also undergo a leadership transition, he added.

He urged Singaporeans to stand together and to support Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong and his fourth-generation team to build a nation that is “vibrant and inclusive, fair and competitive, and resilient and united”.

--------------
ezgif-com-added-text-1.gif

The urge to....

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

China, Myanmar revive hopes for Bay of Bengal deep water port in Kyaukphyu under Belt and Road Initiative​

• Renewed push for Citic-led project in Rakhine state comes amid continued clashes between ethnic rebel groups and the ruling Myanmar junta
  • Port expected to allow Beijing to bypass South China Sea for oil imports is cited as ‘major part’ of 1,700km China-Myanmar Economic Corridor
Not surprising, more competition coming to rob our rice bowls.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sc...port-kyaukphyu-under-belt-and-road-initiative

The US$1.3 billion port project, sitting on Maday Island off the fishing village of Kyaukphyu on the Bay of Bengal, is part of the Kyaukphyu Special Economic Zone, a scheme aiming to draw textile and oil refining industries that is at the heart of China’s relationship with Myanmar.

It is also a key section of the 1,700km China-Myanmar Economic Corridor, a planned network of railway, roads and oil and natural gas pipelines running from Kunming in China’s Yunnan province to the Indian Ocean.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there were proper term limits and this useless son hadn't sat on the throne for two decades, we wouldn't need to use the '4G' terminology. :rolleyes:

If LKY were still alive when Lawrence takes the throne... 四代同堂 issit? :FU:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't know where they pull the number that we achieved 1.2% economic growth when its obvious that our economy is stagnant and inflation remains unabated like a sex hungry whore.

he is trying very hard to justify the usefulness and idea resourcefulness of the PAP government in managing Singapore. To me, they are fast running out of ideas and levers to pull to get us out of this double whammy. I don't expect laolan wong to fare any better.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't know where they pull the number that we achieved 1.2% economic growth when its obvious that our economy is stagnant and inflation remains unabated like a sex hungry whore.

he is trying very hard to justify the usefulness and idea resourcefulness of the PAP government in managing Singapore. To me, they are fast running out of ideas and levers to pull to get us out of this double whammy. I don't expect laolan wong to fare any better.

Besides the obvious possiblity of cooking the numbers... have you seen the amount of demolition and construction jobs on this island?

One example: that road stretch between Fu Lu Shou and OG Albert.