• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Big fight among a group of cyclists on Tues

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so many mad & reckless drivers on the streets of S'pore, I better think twice before I ever go out to ride again.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your first challenge is not your fellow bikers. That comes later. Your first challenge is to enjoy riding while building strength, speed and overall fitness. The experience is so much better with a half decent bike. Not to expensive and not to cheap. Once you cross this hurdle, you can do whatever you want to prove the point that you are a better rider.

More importantly you need to find a decent bunch to ride with to have an overall increase in experience. And it is not just about riding but the food, drinks and the company that comes after a good ride.

Enjoy.

You sure you even have the strength to indulge in physical activities? You cannot even walk properly.

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have three road bikes. The lightest weighs 6.5kg. The heaviest weighs 9.7 kg. It's an old Cinelli steel framed model.

Hi Mr Leongsam,

You'll be happy to learn that I've succeeded to get rid of one reckless cab-driver from our roads.

Below are my correspondence with Comfort Delgro:

Dear Sirs,

I wish to report that at 4.49 am on Sunday morning, 6/5/02 while I was cycling along Sembawang Rd, after the junction of Mandai Rd, a Comfort Delgro white Mercedes taxi SHB6291C nearly ran over me from behind.

When I heard his car tyres screeching on the road right behind me, I had to jump onto the road curb otherwise I would have been maimed or killed by him.

When his taxi came to a stop leaving a long trail of tyre marks on the road, I confronted him and he casually told me sorry and that he was feeling very sleepy.

This reckless and irresponsible driver should not be allowed to drive or he’s going to maim or kill someone on the roads.

Thank you for attention and action.

Regards,
XXXXXXX.

Our Ref: CTPL/2012051169

10th May, 2012

Dear Mr XXXXXXX,

We deeply apologise for this unpleasant incident.

We have investigated the matter. Based on this incident and the driver's past adverse record, we have terminated his taxi hiring agreement with us.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for the anxiety caused by this incident.

Yours sincerely
Axxx Ax
Customer Service Officer
Customer Service Centre
ComfortDelGro - Taxi Business
CS Hotline: 6552 4525

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi Mr Leongsam,

You'll be happy to learn that I've succeeded to get rid of one reckless cab-driver from our roads.

Congratulations for a job well done. Please do not let up till you rid Singapore's roads of every single damned taxi driver that exists on that Island.

In the good old days, we used to chase down taxi drivers that tried to run as down and if we managed to catch them we'd kick their doors in with our cleats and smash their windscreens with campagnolo pumps.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclist dies after being hit by lorry driven by PRC driver

cyclist_dies.jpg

AsiaOne
Saturday, May 26, 2012

A cyclist who was hit by a lorry at Changi Coast Road this morning has died.

According to a report by citizen journalism website Stomp, the accident happened at around 10.30am today along Changi Coast Road.

After the lorry hit the victim, it eventually stopped about 200 metres away.

The victim died on the scene.

Police are investigating.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Expect the likes of Tessa Wong to accuse SGs of being xenophobic if they cry out against foreigners' reckless driving habit?

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expect the likes of Tessa Wong to accuse SGs of being xenophobic if they cry out against foreigners' reckless driving habit?

The current state of affairs in Stinkapore is deplorable and the result of the Papzis govt's mismanagement.

How many more must die before the treacherous govt starts to expel all these PRCs back to where they came from?

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Thank God the Workers' Party gave them a big kick on their arses!

Cyclists get run down all over the world regardless of who is in power. It's not a political issue. It's fucking drivers who at fault and taxi drivers are the worst of all.

Christchurch police probe cyclist hit and run

cop-ipadMS_220x147.jpg

2:19 PM Friday May 11, 2012EXPAND
File photo / NZ Herald

Police are investigating a hit and run incident that left a cyclist with facial injuries.
The cyclist was biking through the eastern Christchurch suburb of Woolston around 12.20pm when they were knocked off their bike.
The driver failed to stop, and police were trying to track them down, a communications spokesman said.

- APNZ

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Cyclist duo in horror smash

By Celeste Gorrell Anstiss

5:30 AM Sunday May 27, 2012
Forestland Wheelers club champion David Joyce (right). Photo / APN
The cycling community is stunned by the serious injuries sustained by a club champion and his wife on a road near Taupo described as a "death trap".

David Joyce and Sirpa Lajunen were airlifted to Waikato Hospital after being struck by a 4WD on Poihipi Rd just after 3pm on Friday. Both underwent surgery yesterday.

Rotorua's Bay Trust Helicopter pilot Barry Vincent said the bikes had been "shattered" by the impact.

"The damage to the bikes was severe; there were fragments lying all around.

"When a cyclist is hit by a four-wheel drive, the injuries are always going to be severe. They were in a great deal of pain, even with the pain relief, but it could have been an awful lot worse."

Taupo's Youthtown Rescue Helicopter, police and St John paramedics were also on hand.

Forestland Wheelers captain Dennis Jones said Joyce and Lajunen were safe riders with plenty of experience.

Joyce was the club's long-running champion and his team had recently beat riders half their ages to win the Hope Gibbons Shield.

Until two years ago, the couple owned a cycle shop in Hawkes Bay and their son, Sean Joyce, 21, was a professional cyclist in Europe.

"Dave's been riding all of his life. This is every cyclist's worst nightmare; we've got no protection other than our safety helmet," Jones said.

Local riders suggested sunstrike may have blinded the 4WD driver.

Brother Rodney Joyce said the family were in shock.

"It's been a tough couple of days," he said. "They were going single file down a straight road on a beautiful, clear afternoon. My brother's pretty banged up and my sister-in-law, she has a lot ahead of her in terms of her recovery. Four to six vertebrae are damaged and they think some might be shattered. She had a lot of internal bleeding too."

Mark Gibson, owner of Taupo's Top Gear Cycles, had sold the couple new gear that morning.

"They did say they were heading out there. It was a nice afternoon," he said.

Gibson said he had been lobbying the council for a wider shoulder on Poihipi Rd for more than eight years.

The 100km/h zone was narrow, with grassy banks on each side, but popular with cyclists because it ran between Taupo and several scenic rides.

"There're a lot of near misses, a lot of people who get knocked off," Gibson said.

"It might cost $1 million but how much is a life worth?"

Local councillor Keith Crate, who also organises Bike Taupo events, said the council was hoping for funding to improve Poihipi Rd for cyclists.

"It's a death trap. The whole cycling community is asking for it," he said.

Police are investigating the crash.

By Celeste Gorrell Anstiss

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The current state of affairs in Stinkapore is deplorable and the result of the Papzis govt's mismanagement.

How many more must die before the treacherous govt starts to expel all these PRCs back to where they came from?

And god knows how many of these foreign drivers are already on SG roads waiting to run down SGs given their huge influx over the last few years.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another cyclist dies after being hit by van driven by Chinaman

cyclist_c.jpg

29th May 2012

One cyclist died and another was injured after they were knocked down by a van along Senoko South Road yesterday.

The van also crashed into a stationary car parked outside Sunway Marketing Company, injuring the driver.

Both the cyclists and car driver were taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital. Police said one of the cyclists died from his injuries at the hospital.

The PRC van driver who sustained minor injuries, has been arrested.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i observe that pinoy fts in sg have taken up road cycling in a big way. Not for the first time i've encountered a large pelaton of tagalog speaking riders here on Giant and Cervelo bicycles.