• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Founder of Joy Riders, S'pore biggest cycling club Joyce Leong, passed away at age 67

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must have died of lung cancer. Cycling on the road and breathing in all the exhaust smoke from vehicles do nothing but harm the lungs.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMG_0641.jpeg

IMG_0642.jpeg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kudos to her for being the “snail queen” as she would ride along slow cyclists in the group and encourage them to finish the route despite getting behind in time and distance. it’s not about speed. it’s about finishing any trip. dashing at average speeds beyond 36.9km/h in all her pelotons was not in her dna.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was complaint that new recruits were forced to buy her overpriced cycling clothing before they could be initiated into the gang. Plus some other complaints. Good riddance if true.

Sadly, that is true and that was the reason most of the 1st generation riders had left the club.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys should join form a team and challenge the pros.

(1-day race)

Paris–Roubaix (2023)

View attachment 183507
Cyclists Hub
https://www.cyclistshub.com › paris-roubaix-statistics

The average speed of all Paris–Roubaix editions is 37.23 km/h. The speed varied a lot in the past. The average speed was 30.01 km/h between 1900* and 1909, ...

(8-day race)
Paris-Nice (2023)

View attachment 183508

We hit the top speed of 42 kph along straight roads like LCK runway, Keppel Viaduct and downslopes of Mandai Rd and so we will only smell dusts with the pros.

Those pros would hit 50 kph - 60 kph.

Last edited:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
With our kind of cruising speed, how to ride on pavements?
Please give chance to me and please do not cycle on the pavement. My 16inch wheels wobble each time when you pro cyclists zoom past me on park connectors. Pang chance me leh. I am a slow amateur. :notworthy: