• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Founder of Joy Riders, S'pore biggest cycling club Joyce Leong, passed away at age 67

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ounder-of-amateur-cycling-club-dies-of-cancer

https://mustsharenews.com/cycling-club-founder-dies/

RIP Joyce. I was one of the pioneer riders with Joy Riders when the club was set up in 2005/2006.

We would start our rides every morning at 5am and hence the group was then called the 5am group.

Our 75 kms riding loop would start from Upp Thomson Rd Kopi Tiam next to OCBC > Upp Thomson Rd > Semb Rd > Mandai Rd > Kranji > Neo Tiew Rd > LCK Rd > Jln Bahar > Jln Boon Lay > West Coast Rd > Keppel Viaduct > Keppel Rd > Anson Rd > Robinson Rd > Stamford Rd > Selegie Rd > Bukit Timah Rd > Newton FC by 7am.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our 75 kms riding loop would start from Upp Thomson Rd Kopi Tiam next to OCBC > Upp Thomson Rd > Semb Rd > Mandai Rd > Kranji > Neo Tiew Rd > LCK Rd > Jln Bahar > Jln Boon Lay > West Coast Rd > Keppel Viaduct > Keppel Rd > Anson Rd > Robinson Rd > Stamford Rd > Selegie Rd > Bukit Timah Rd > Newton FC by 7am.

Oh, so that's the convoy of full kit wanker cyclists I sometimes see hogging the road there from time to time. :biggrin:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, so that's the convoy of full kit wanker cyclists I sometimes see hogging the road there from time to time. :biggrin:
Some people might say they are a bunch of useless space hogging scumbags who have nothing better to do but to take up precious space on the roads at the detriment of drivers and at the same time are contributing zero road tax.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many cyclists in Singapore but none of them working hard and fit to participate in real tour
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ounder-of-amateur-cycling-club-dies-of-cancer

https://mustsharenews.com/cycling-club-founder-dies/

RIP Joyce. I was one of the pioneer riders with Joy Riders when the club was set up in 2005/2006.

We would start our rides every morning at 5am and hence the group was then called the 5am group.

do u think it is fair to cyclists to expect cars and motorbike to give way to cyclists? Do you think it is fair for pedestrians to give way to cyclists on the sharing pedestrian and cyclists pavements ? What is your opinion ?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many cyclists in Singapore but none of them working hard and fit to participate in real tour

do u think it is fair to cyclists to expect cars and motorbike to give way to cyclists? Do you think it is fair for pedestrians to give way to cyclists on the sharing pedestrian and cyclists pavements ? What is your opinion ?

You're asking the wrong person.... I urge you to go and ask those who ride market bikes.

Our cruising speed on the roads is 35 kph - 42 kph and those who don't observe traffic rules and don't ride with safety are not allowed to ride with us.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're asking the wrong person.... I urge you to go and ask those who ride market bikes.

Our cruising speed on the roads is 35 kph - 42 kph and those who don't observe traffic rules and don't ride with safety are not allowed to ride with us.
Does your group give way to pedestrian on the pavement ?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was complaint that new recruits were forced to buy her overpriced cycling clothing before they could be initiated into the gang. Plus some other complaints. Good riddance if true.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

You guys should join form a team and challenge the pros.

(1-day race)

Paris–Roubaix (2023)

1683481580823.png
Cyclists Hub
https://www.cyclistshub.com › paris-roubaix-statistics

The average speed of all Paris–Roubaix editions is 37.23 km/h. The speed varied a lot in the past. The average speed was 30.01 km/h between 1900* and 1909, ...

(8-day race)
Paris-Nice (2023)

1683481768801.png