• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

beware when you go pattaya ;)

pys83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont think so much, You still got to apply and pay for a visa if you want to go there. After a few generations you can forget that you have a motherland outside this country.

retarded clone,

tell you dont act smart already. who say sg passport go china need visa. :biggrin:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hi bro joe,

its ok my fren. Thanks for ur kind thots but its ok really. As long as i can login i happy already , small points never mind.:smile:

Read from ur post with zeddy you got a dog. I love dogs too . Usually have 2 at least.

You damn funny this morning I read almost choke eating breakfast. Upz you mate.

(can someone help me please there's a message telling me that, I need to spread some reputation here before I can up erection2011, please advise why and what to do in this situation?)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hi bro joe,

its ok my fren. Thanks for ur kind thots but its ok really. As long as i can login i happy already , small points never mind.:smile:

Read from ur post with zeddy you got a dog. I love dogs too . Usually have 2 at least.

I can only give small points but I will remember I will get back tomorrow and try again. Mine is a female silky terrier, but I cut her fur look like schnauzer, weather very hot la. What breed of dogs you have?

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i have 3 dogs. 2 are mongrels and the other is my wife. :smile:. she born in 1958 so dog la.

I can only give small points but I will remember I will get back tomorrow and try again. Mine is a female silky terrier, but I cut her fur look like schnauzer, weather very hot la. What breed of dogs you have?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i have 3 dogs. 2 are mongrels and the other is my wife. :smile:. she born in 1958 so dog la.

You have a kind heart keeping 2 mongrels. For me 1 dog enough trouble liao especially now she 13 years old and often not well requiring constant medical care. Wife said after dog gone want to get 2-3 dogs. I don't agree in fact in think no more pets. It's painful to see them grow old.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another type of 'scams' in Pattaya.

This one not really a scam. More of knock carrot cake. Pattaya Songtaews (license bus operator) operates in 2 mode. Bus mode (Fixed route) and Taxi mode (Point A to Point B). For Bus mode, you board and alight at anywhere along a fixed route and the cost is THB 10/20. For taxi mode, This can be anywhere from THB 100 to THB 500.

For taxi mode, that is you need to go from point A to point B, the taxi driver will surely overcharge depending on what language you speak and your final destination. You need to bargain with them. The maximum should be around THB 300 if you are travelling from one end to the other end of Pattaya. Normally should be around THB 150-200. When bargaining, be firm but polite and smile.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Still cannot leh. Alamaking must be right have to wait for 200 ridiculous days. Wah-lao-eh this is not like those 7x7 49 days kind of things la.

hi bro joe,

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thailand is no longer a safe destination it once was, especially in heavily touristed places, beware.

On one of my firsts visits to BKK I met a friendly person who offered to show me around & a place I could buy some cheap gems :biggrin: Back then I didn't know about the "famous " Bangkok gem scam:o

If you're a newbie to a place, it is a good idea to familiarise yourself with the common scams that go on. Just common sense :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thailand is quite a safe place for tourists in terms of physical safety. Violence and robberies against tourists are almost unheard of. What they'd try to do is to get away with the highest price that the tourists are stupid enough or don't care less to pay. It's only a matter of money and the price you pay afterall.

The real danger comes when you hang around there long enough for them to treat you as one of their own. Then the unwritten tourist rules don't apply anymore. There're advantages and disadvantages. You can get your way cheaper and easier in many things, but when gotten in trouble, be prepared for violence.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thailand is quite a safe place for tourists in terms of physical safety. Violence and robberies against tourists are almost unheard of. What they'd try to do is to get away with the highest price that the tourists are stupid enough or don't care less to pay. It's only a matter of money and the price you pay afterall.

The real danger comes when you hang around there long enough for them to treat you as one of their own. Then the unwritten tourist rules don't apply anymore. There're advantages and disadvantages. You can get your way cheaper and easier in many things, but when gotten in trouble, be prepared for violence.

Can you elaborate more on the part i highlighted in red? Ok they treat you like a local so it has its perks but somehow they commit violence against the locals rather than the foreigners?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you elaborate more on the part i highlighted in red? Ok they treat you like a local so it has its perks but somehow they commit violence against the locals rather than the foreigners?

Thai culture and economy hinge on welcome visitors. That's why it's called LOS. However, if you hang around long enough, you're no longer visitor, but resident. It has nothing to do with your official visa class, even if you're illegal immigrant who crossed border without a passport. They may even come to be aware that you have no visa or passport but they couldn't be bothered as long as you live life there the Thai way and have the Thai baht.

The tourist safety and privilege from violence has been inculcated in them since decades ago. Tourist brings in money. Earn as much as you can from them but no violence. Violence is bad reputation and will reduce future tourist numbers and therefore reducing future profits.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On one of my firsts visits to BKK I met a friendly person who offered to show me around & a place I could buy some cheap gems :biggrin: Back then I didn't know about the "famous " Bangkok gem scam:o

If you're a newbie to a place, it is a good idea to familiarise yourself with the common scams that go on. Just common sense :smile:
Good advice. If it's too good to be true, then it's not. Not just in LOS, applies everywhere.