• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Army personnel got shot in the right eye in sembawang camp

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...d-about-training-death-sembawang-3584525.html

My family received news a few hours ago about an unfortunate accident where a stray bullet caught my brother just pass the right eye through the head in a mock combat operation in a forested area off the main skirts of Sembawang. I got wind of the news this morning before my parents can be informed and I was sworn secrecy for 4 hours before I was allowed to break the news to them before the military officially sent a condolence letter.
<removed>
Actual events were unclear but one of his platoon mates disclosed that a Corporal from Charlie company did not shoot clear and there seemed to have been a mistake in that he had received an extra round. All of them were given 8 rounds except for this guy. He was in a state of shock this afternoon and apologised to my family.

The actual cause of his death is a punctured right skull through the right eye socket resulting in severe internal bleeding in the head. He was comatose for a few hours before the doctor pronounced him dead. At that point in time, I realised that I have lost someone dear to me. It’s quite shocking for me to find him in such a state but I didn’t cry. I was just bewildered and didn’t know how to react. My mother was crying while my father was questioning and wanted to sue the army.
<removed>
He was 19 years old and was slated to take his driving test next friday with a driving lesson tonight.

Those who are interested to know, there will be a wake held for him at <removed> which is tentatively on hold until Saturday, the army will be bearing all costs and he will be promoted 2 ranks to a Corporal First Class. At the moment, the army has refused to give back his body citing military regulations and secrecy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://temasekrevealed.blogspot.com/2012/01/20-years-old-saf-soldier-shot-dead-in.html

A National Serviceman who stays in Choa Chu Kang was shot dead during a routine SAF training on 27 Jan 2012 in Sembawang. He was shot by a round which was not accounted for.

According to the account by the deceased's family member, absurd SAF Officials made the family members of the dead servicemen to keep mum about the death. This is truly a piece of nonsense from the SAF. Imagine your son killed by a stray bullet and the SAF expects you to keep quiet about the matter.

True Singaporean son are to undergo 2 years of compulsory military training with aims to deter aggression from the North and the South. Disgruntled conscripts received pittance allowance of less than $500 a month to suffer in silence, risk their lives & limbs and most think of ways to escape the system while passionate loyal Malay Singaporeans are not allowed to serve in perceived sensitive positions in the military.

How could the SAF compensate the family of these dead conscripts? Are there any point to promote them posthumously? No amount of money could revive the dead.

According to the blog post written by the deceased's brother, the deceased was diagnosed with mild depression in secondary school. Yet the SAF allowed the deceased to bear arms. Is this incompetency by the SAF medical corps?

The public must know the answers to -
Appropriate compensation to the deceased family
The possible negligence by the Medical Officers. Genuine cases in the SAF were usually brushed off as malingering by freshly minted Medical Officers from Medical School.
Were the family members in threatened or 'warned' by SAF officials to keep mum about the death?
The number of deaths not reported by the SAF since the '80s?
Were the training & safety procedures strictly followed?
Are the rounds and arms in SAF fully accountable for?

http://zero-yuki.org/2012/01/27/221192-270112/

22/11/92 – 27/01/12

My family received news a few hours ago about an unfortunate accident where a stray bullet caught my brother just pass the right eye through the head in a mock combat operation in a forested area off the main skirts of Sembawang. I got wind of the news this morning before my parents can be informed and I was sworn secrecy for 4 hours before I was allowed to break the news to them before the military officially sent a condolence letter.

I never knew the existence of this alias he hides and used for fansubbing. He has never told me about his fansubbing activities which I managed to trace from his hard disk to be dated back to as long as 2006. This is quite a shock to me because we used to be so close, and we now still am, but I didn’t realise he was doing all these things. He seemed to have distant himself greatly from me after reaching his secondary three when he caught depression. My father and I sent him for a diagnosis after his teacher mentioned that his behaviour is different from his secondary two self. His compositions reflect a very bleak and pessimistic outlook about life and my father and I decided to bring him to a psychiatrist. He was diagnosed with mild depression and inferiority complex bordering superiority complex. Since then, he became very distant but we do exchange our opinions from time to time. That was also around the time he started fansubbing more vigorously.

His counsellor from TTSH told me that he had not been visiting him in recent months as he is getting better mentally.

Actual events were unclear but one of his platoon mates disclosed that a Corporal from Charlie company did not shoot clear and there seemed to have been a mistake in that he had received an extra round. All of them were given 8 rounds except for this guy. He was in a state of shock this afternoon and apologised to my family.

The actual cause of his death is a punctured right skull through the right eye socket resulting in severe internal bleeding in the head. He was comatose for a few hours before the doctor pronounced him dead. At that point in time, I realised that I have lost someone dear to me. It’s quite shocking for me to find him in such a state but I didn’t cry. I was just bewildered and didn’t know how to react. My mother was crying while my father was questioning and wanted to sue the army.

For those of you not convinced of this happening, I have nothing much to say and I don’t intend to say much because this webpage is an alias of his that is very separate and different from his own personal blog that he owns. He seemed to have developed multiple personalities and updates just about both blogs per day, with very drastic tones and behavioural differences too. I was unconvinced this was his other blog until I saw his notepad file on the passwords of his ibanking account as well as emails and this blog. His bunk mate, Sze Wei told me about his tendencies to chat on a chat programme caught mirc and that was how I traced to his fansubbing roots.

He was 19 years old and was slated to take his driving test next friday with a driving lesson tonight.

Those who are interested to know, there will be a wake held for him at Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Blk 463 which is tentatively on hold until Saturday, the army will be bearing all costs and he will be promoted 2 ranks to a Corporal First Class. At the moment, the army has refused to give back his body citing military regulations and secrecy.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiyah...anyhow wack also cannot confirm unless the family speak up.

Nowadays, must see face then maybe true, if not, it is just rumour like many things on the Internet.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Mock combat use live round meh?

You were sharp to notice this. In our smaller than small island, I don't think any peasant soldier does their live shooting outside the range, let alone carry 8 rounds of live ammo.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You were sharp to notice this. In our smaller than small island, I don't think any peasant soldier does their live shooting outside the range, let alone carry 8 rounds of live ammo.

Maybe this incident happened during live firing in the range. Never check clear properly

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....how to do live firing in mock combat in forested area......sure mati.
sembawang is not as ulu as u think......
nvm....just whack papeee to antognise ah sam.......shiok sendiri....saf cock-up lah...papee cock-up lah.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahaha....how to do live firing in mock combat in forested area......sure mati.
sembawang is not as ulu as u think......
nvm....just whack papeee to antognise ah sam.......shiok sendiri....saf cock-up lah...papee cock-up lah.

Sam preparing for 2016 lah. Heard he will contest hougang.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
i'm my OC runner during in camp trainning and has been involved in many field training..following my OC in his land rover
went to many mini jungles in spore..sebawang,yishun,p sudong n tekong..
my duty was to carry his rifle,full pack,look for durians and at times use the land rover to go to kopitam,to ta pau food and kopi for him,
after trainning,clean and return rifle back to armskote man and then book out..
where got use live round during field trainning.:confused: