• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Army personnel got shot in the right eye in sembawang camp

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where got use live round during field trainning.:confused:

I can testify that we do use live round in the open. Twice I have that experience.

Once we were stationed on top of a small hill near marsiling and aimed our live round at the target on another hill about 200m away? It was very open concept and not those boxed in liv-firing chamber kind, so we have to hope no one move around within that vicinity, and birds also scared.

2nd scenario also in the open field, shooting scarecrow target. Instead of running, we walk tactically, those in front group will fire first followed by the back group moving ahead of you to shoot and vice versa until your bullet is emptied.,....kind of scary and you hope no one trip and misfired behind you. Those were the days, not sure about now. :(

I think the above accident was probably due to arms not properly cocked or cleared because after training, your arms get tired and you too lazy to look cleary to see anymore live round inside the rifle even after you took out the magazine.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remembered there was one test that the instructors will use gpmg to spray live rounds overhead while trainees have to leopard crawl past obstacles below....sounds scary but no actual danger....point is live rounds were used.

It was part of an important test in safincos or ocs (can't remember too long ago). Perhaps now discontinued liao.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remembered there was one test that the instructors will use gpmg to spray live rounds overhead while trainees have to leopard crawl past obstacles below....sounds scary but no actual danger....point is live rounds were used.

It was part of an important test in safincos or ocs (can't remember too long ago). Perhaps now discontinued liao.

That was using GPMG with 7.62 mm live rounds.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well confirmed it's fake. Temasekreview as usual reported it without verifying it. The person that died in question is also a fan sub of some otaku forum.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also got do NS. Never heard of blank ammo for shooting. All shooting is live ammo. Only tracer is blank.

You sure did NS? Blanks are always use most of the time as live firing areas very limited. No such thing as blank tracer, as tracers are rounds to indicate enemy position.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every Year Got Free Winning Tickets To Hades

190042_10150122215336235_526186234_6873972_3416216_n.jpg

"NSF is good for you", says general worker LHL.

"All must do NS ! No excuse ! Except my son", Tony Jiat Liao Bee.

Every year, some of your boy boys will have free tickets (one-way trip only) to Hades. Some people say that NS makes you fellas men. I think hor, more like dead men and angry men.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha......amzing that we have this debate where almost all had serve NS......
how u conduct live firing in forested area......
sembawang is also not a live firing area....
pse don't be as kuku as kukubird.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sure did NS? Blanks are always use most of the time as live firing areas very limited. No such thing as blank tracer, as tracers are rounds to indicate enemy position.

Not sure about you. All my ammo were given in range or guard duty. All live. I never go jungle exercise before. Discharge halfway due to accident and cant walk almost a year.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hahaha..good one kukubird

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

That's what I said earlier and TR were dumb enough to report it without verifying it. Don't their editors do NS? Or do they all declare 302 during medical checkup, that's why don't have to go for training.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal

i gone through once during bmt. they say live rounds but it could be blanks to scare the shit out of us.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LOL! just proves that cocksucker Ramseth is more convincing as a woman than a man :biggrin: :biggrin:

Inception

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blog post on NSF's death a hoax: Mindef

By Jessica Lim

The Defence Ministry (Mindef) has refuted as a hoax a blog post claiming that a full-time national serviceman (NSF) was shot dead last Friday during a live-firing exercise.

The post appeared that evening on a blog which calls itself Temasek Revealed. It said the incident took place that morning.

The post then appeared on a Facebook page called Temasek Review early yesterday.

It said a 19-year-old Singapore Armed Forces serviceman had been shot in the right eye by a stray bullet in the Sembawang area and that he died on the spot.

Neither the blog, nor the Temasek Review Facebook page, is associated with the sociopolitical website Temasek Review Emeritus (TRE), which was originally known as Temasek Review.

By noon yesterday, the post had gone viral on forums such as fuckwarezone, and on other blogs and social networking sites.

Temasek Revealed first appeared shortly after the original Temasek Review website went offline in September last year. The latter has since returned as TRE.

An opposition candidate in last year's general election, Mr Alex Tan, had said on his Facebook page that the Temasek Revealed blog was published by him.

Mr Tan could not be contacted.

No details are available about the Temasek Review Facebook page.

Temasek Revealed reproduced a blog post supposedly written by the victim's brother. The blog requires a password for access.

The 'brother's' post said the victim died from 'severe internal bleeding in the head' after 'the bullet punctured his right skull through the right eye socket'.

Mindef put up a hoax alert on its Facebook page yesterday morning, saying the matter is 'not true'. The ministry said it is monitoring the situation.

The post on the Temasek Review's Facebook page has since been removed. In its place is an apology to readers for 'any dismay... caused due to our editorial sources'. A note was also put up thanking Mindef for its clarification.

The blog post on Temasek Revealed has also been removed.

Copyright © 2011 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure about you. All my ammo were given in range or guard duty. All live. I never go jungle exercise before. Discharge halfway due to accident and cant walk almost a year.

Before being allowed to do guard duty one has to finish BMT. Obviously you are lying because BMT is not only about range and guard duty. One year in NS, combat recruits should complete BMT at least which means an NS man has completed IFC (individual filed craft) which involves jungle exercises, grenade throwing, range practise, weapon training among many other trainings.

Live and blank ammos are often use including at least the demonstration of a tracer bullet firing in the night. Tracer bullets are meant for spotting and indicating approximate location of the enemy and used mainly in the dark. It is ludicrous to say you only do range and guard duty without learning at least some basics about the rifle and ammunition. Try to wriggle your way out of this.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is such thing known as section, platoon, company love firing in forested area. Not exactly very forested but is still out in the open field. When u r assaulting there will be gpmg firing live rounds as suppressing fire. So many of us went through ns and I m surprise none pointed this out to you.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is such thing known as section, platoon, company love firing in forested area. Not exactly very forested but is still out in the open field. When u r assaulting there will be gpmg firing live rounds as suppressing fire. So many of us went through ns and I m surprise none pointed this out to you.
hahaha.....of course there are live firing exercises like what you said in live firing areas outside of the shooting range.
but let me repeat my points:
1. you don't do them in forested areas like sembawang because sure mati.....u don't know what you shooting at
2. sembawang is not a live firing area...

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha.....of course there are live firing exercises like what you said in live firing areas outside of the shooting range.
1. you don't do them in forested areas like sembawang because sure mati.....u don't know what you shooting at

The only live firing done in Sembawang forested areas are the makeshift Brothels, where the Banglas, Kekleng, Thais etc men do theirs. The only rounds left behind is made of rubber & is called condoms.:biggrin: and you won't shoot the eye socket with that.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

pt No.2 sembawang is not a live firing area. that is why i think its a hoax.

only the lim chu kang or kranji side you got life firing activities.