• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An apology to everyone for being childish

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've done a search on the net and I cannot find any information about the next generation Hilux pickup being launched in May.

In NZ, Toyota just launched their facelifted Hilux. The scheduled release of the next generation all new Hilux is sometime in 2013.

Ok. I believe my info is very accurate because Toyota is losing out to Isuzu now and they've got to work on it fast. I will keep everyone updated soon.

By the way many Japanese auto makers have to cut down production due to parts supplier affected by flood.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
How was the lamb shanks prepared and cooked in your respective feast:confused::p

Just trying to learn more culinary skills.

Yes NZ lamb shank, it was was actually hanging in the BBQ grill while being cooked with the cover down. I put it on the grill for photo-shot.

The lamb is really good, soft and melts in the mouth. We had some Aussie beef too. In the middle are snails from the sea I was told we always have this for BBQ as Thais like it. We call it "hoi-wan" meaning sweet shells. Deep it with the very spicy green seafood sauce that my maid made its heavenly really.

i think so bro. i just had that over xmas.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes NZ lamb shank, it was was actually hanging in the BBQ grill while being cooked with the cover down. I put it on the grill for photo-shot.

The lamb is really good, soft and melts in the mouth. We had some Aussie beef too. In the middle are snails from the sea I was told we always have this for BBQ as Thais like it. We call it "hoi-wan" meaning sweet shells. Deep it with the very spicy green seafood sauce that my maid made its heavenly really.

Seafood sauce - nam chim?
I missed the Hoi Pad (fried osyster) along Pattanrkarn between Soi 25-30. Not sure if its still there.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hey bro....mebbe u just hit on a good idea for a sticky.....Culinary Stuff or some title like that. I know you may become occupied with ur English improvement undertaking, but how about it eh?

How was the lamb shanks prepared and cooked in your respective feast:confused::p

Just trying to learn more culinary skills.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the meantime, I'll continue to recruit pro PAP campaigners. However, in order not to upset anyone, I'll do it quietly behind the scenes from now on. I thought I was doing the right thing by being transparent and publicising my actions. However, I got no praise whatsoever for this stance so I might as well conduct a more covert operation.

Okay, you have convinced me. Go ahead and do what you must. You have my fullest confidence.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seafood sauce - nam chim?
I missed the Hoi Pad (fried osyster) along Pattanrkarn between Soi 25-30. Not sure if its still there.

Nam chim is best with Thai satay. Thai fried oyster should be called hoi thot. Singapore version ohlua no fight.

marinated with herbs ..... rosemary, thyme, a little garlic....then slow grill.

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Guess the song that have these lyrics.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nam chim is best with Thai satay. Thai fried oyster should be called hoi thot. Singapore version ohlua no fight.

That must be it. Hoi Thot. I really missed it. Singapore's version no where near it. You think can ta pow and send over by DHL?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to Khun Roong the Toyota salesman who service me its due in May. He persuaded me to wait and not go for the Isuzu V-Cross yet. I am very excited about it too and hope it will be better than the V-Cross.

Isuzu's D-Max V-Cross comes with full leather, surround sound audio system, screen control etc Khun Roong told me the new Hilux will at least have everything the Isuzu currently has so I'll wait. So far I thought the Isuzu looks beautiful both in pics and real life.
One of the most useful feature was the rear camera. D-max has it in the top of the range and as an option. Saw a few Hilux Vigo Champ on the road with rear cameras too. Very useful when doing reverse parking in tight space. I did not install this when I bought my D-max.

BTW, I already sold my 1.5 year old d-max while I was in Sinkieland during the new year.:p

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Add something. Hoi Thot is normally available at Pad Thai stalls. Those who sell Pad Thai normally also sell Hoi Thot.

If you prefer something even closer to the Singapore version, you can go to Thai restaurant and order 'Or Suan'. Basically, it's similar to Hoi Thot but it is serve on a hotplate with lots of bean sprout. Had one before I went to Sinkieland.

The one on the right is 'Or Suan'. The left side is raw fresh water fish sashimi. These dishes are "Gab Gaem" dish meaning go with beer or whisky.:smile:
Photo0099.jpg

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....joetys, i think u can win the "nicest personality" award here if there is one.
i am just a kuku but allow me to also welcum back.....btw i did tick off leongsam for his nonsense.