• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A great article how CECA agreement fuck Sinkies

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So you don't even live in Singapore??? Then why are you commenting on Singapore??? You will never know the horrible reality here!!!

Please lah, unless you live here and see the CECA horror for yourself, with your own eyes, you will never believe it!!!

And don't for a moment believe PAP basturds or the #160 Shit Times or all the other PAP propaganda mediums!!!

Banks like DBS, UBS, UOB, StanChart etc. staff and places like Changi Business Park and MBFC are 90% CECA trash from India!!! You have to see it to believe it!!! Have you even been to Changi Business Park and MBFC???

All my extended family and relative still live in Singapore. My siblings got Canada PR moved to Canada for a year or two had jobs here. But decided to move back to Singapore. They kept complaining that the work in Canada was too hard. They said they had never worked so hard in their lives until moving to Canada. They said work life balance in Singapore is much better. They also complained that the salary in Canada is not high and taxes are high. Singapore salary is much higher and taxes are low. They never complained about CECA. In fact I recently asked and nobody complained about CECA. They said it is ok. I tried for 3 years to get my parents Canada PR. Was not successful in many of the lotteries for Parent/Grandparent sponsorship program. But when they had one year they switched to First come first serve I got it. My parents got their PR and landed in 2020. But they too decided it is better to live in Singapore.

I know where you are coming from. Many Singaporeans will say if you are a foreigner you have no right to comment about Singapore. I agree to some extent. However, I do have eyes and ears in Singapore who are close to me. And they say it is ok still. And they have compared Canada with Singapore and said Singapore is much much better.

Maybe you don't go to Changi Business Park and MBFC? It is like not going to Little India? I know I only went to Mustafa once ever when I was still in SG. Wah lau went liao I told myself dont ever go! No discount is worth that experience! LOL!

Singapore still ok lah. Otherwise you will see many Singaporeans wanting to leave. So far that is definitely NOT THE CASE.

safsaf74

Alfrescian
Loyal
All my extended family and relative still live in Singapore. My siblings got Canada PR moved to Canada for a year or two had jobs here. But decided to move back to Singapore. They kept complaining that the work in Canada was too hard. They said they had never worked so hard in their lives until moving to Canada. They said work life balance in Singapore is much better. They also complained that the salary in Canada is not high and taxes are high. Singapore salary is much higher and taxes are low. They never complained about CECA. In fact I recently asked and nobody complained about CECA. They said it is ok. I tried for 3 years to get my parents Canada PR. Was not successful in many of the lotteries for Parent/Grandparent sponsorship program. But when they had one year they switched to First come first serve I got it. My parents got their PR and landed in 2020. But they too decided it is better to live in Singapore.

I know where you are coming from. Many Singaporeans will say if you are a foreigner you have no right to comment about Singapore. I agree to some extent. However, I do have eyes and ears in Singapore who are close to me. And they say it is ok still. And they have compared Canada with Singapore and said Singapore is much much better.

Maybe you don't go to Changi Business Park and MBFC? It is like not going to Little India? I know I only went to Mustafa once ever when I was still in SG. Wah lau went liao I told myself dont ever go! No discount is worth that experience! LOL!

Singapore still ok lah. Otherwise you will see many Singaporeans wanting to leave. So far that is definitely NOT THE CASE.
Going to Mustafa is not a life and death matter, not having a job is. That shows you have no idea how bad and serious the situation is. You have no idea what pain and anguish Singaporean PMETs have gone through in the last 10-15 years. And are still going through.

Unless you are one yourself and have to fight billions of foreign trash for your daily livelihood while PAP basturds are enjoying life with their million dollar salaries, and we Singaporeans are suffering because of their shit CECA policies you will never know.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Going to Mustafa is not a life and death matter, not having a job is. That shows you have no idea how bad and serious the situation is. You have no idea what pain and anguish Singaporean PMETs have gone through in the last 10-15 years. And are still going through.

Unless you are one yourself and have to fight billions of foreign trash for your daily livelihood while PAP basturds are enjoying life with their million dollar salaries, and we Singaporeans are suffering because of their shit CECA policies you will never know.
I foresaw this back in 2004. I predicted that foreign talent will take away SG jobs. And eventually foreigners will discriminate against Singaporeans. Singaporeans would be 3rd rate citizens. If what you say is true then it vindicates my decision to migrate! But that's not what my circle of contacts in SG are telling me.

I decided to take my fate into my own hands. I migrated. Which is why we are here where you can accuse me of not knowing what it is like. Otherwise I would be in the same boat as you. Migrating to Canada brought its own challenges and sacrifices. I have to compete with Indians too. And a truck load of other immigrants. Canada DOES NOT recognize foreign credentials and foreign work experience. It is very hard to find a job in your field when you migrate. Most immigrants become pizza delivery drivers. Taxi drivers. Low minimum wage jobs. For myself I considered myself lucky to get a job assembling PVC window jambs and sills at a factory.

https://thewalrus.ca/even-during-a-pandemic-immigrant-doctors-struggle-to-find-work/

Complaining is one thing. Cursing is one thing. In the end what will you do about it?

I hoped that Singaporeans would vote more opposition to check and balance. I voted opposition. My wife voted opposition. I wrote many posts here and at other forums to try to share the reasons why Singaporeans needed to be aware and hoped they would vote opposition. They did not. I heard many Singaporeans complain and complain. But they would do nothing concrete. It is always wanting the easy way and have someone else make sacrifices for them.

I was faced with staying and leaving my fate in the hands of others or leaving but having a tough time and needing to make sacrifices to start all over again. Talking to many Singaporeans including my own siblings and family and relatives and friends......they all want the easier way out and want "someone else" to solve the problems. Kpkb phrases like " pay ministers millions for what". Sorry man. It doesn't do anything to change things saying those things alone. I considered joining opposition but I realized deep inside I had no desire to serve a selfish entitled electorate. Why sacrifice for Singaporeans? Do they appreciate it? Would they agree to make sacrifices? No more maids? Wishful thinking.

I really want to believe you say " how bad and serious the situation is. You have no idea what pain and anguish Singaporean PMETs have gone through in the last 10-15 years. And are still going through." It would justify my decision to migrate! But the reality is none of my personal circle are complaining. And if you look at the forum there is a lot of anti CECA sentiment and cursing etc.....which to me are more simply racist attacks against Indians rather than because there are problems for PMETs finding jobs. I don't remember seeing many people coming here to complain they lost their jobs to CECA. It is just people cursing and swearing telling them to go home.

My own sibling went back to SG from Canada and found a job that pays $15,000 a month within 6 months in the financial sector. Serious and Bad? I certainly am not hearing that first hand. I hope I am wrong though and you are right, and that all you Singaporeans are in deep serious trouble and losing jobs to foreigners left right centre. Then I can say I told you so. But nah. It's not true. Truth is my decision to migrate is the shit decision. I brought my family and myself through hardship for nothing. And now that I have renounced Singapore citizenship I cannot go back to SG.

Nevertheless, I wish Good luck to all in Singapore. I hope all of you do well and flourish in Singapore. Don't be like me so stupid to migrate. Stay in Singapore. It is the best country to work and live in. Right @Sgpind @asenmaga ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to CECA, US$63 billion of dollars of FDI has flowed from India to Singapore. That's lots of jobs and money for sinkies. You're welcome.

The outward Indian FDI to Singapore stood at US$62.9 billion (till August 2018), making Singapore one of the top destinations for Indian investments. Major sectors inviting Indian investments were IT, real estate, manufacturing, construction, renewable energy, and pharmaceuticals. In March 2021, the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) and IIT-Kanpur’s Start-Up Incubation and Innovation Centre (SIIC) collaborated to set up a launchpad for tech-based start-ups.

https://www.india-briefing.com/news...preferred-investment-base-in-asia-22517.html/

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thanks to CECA, US$63 billion of dollars of FDI has flowed from India to Singapore. That's lots of jobs and money for sinkies. You're welcome.

The outward Indian FDI to Singapore stood at US$62.9 billion (till August 2018), making Singapore one of the top destinations for Indian investments. Major sectors inviting Indian investments were IT, real estate, manufacturing, construction, renewable energy, and pharmaceuticals. In March 2021, the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) and IIT-Kanpur’s Start-Up Incubation and Innovation Centre (SIIC) collaborated to set up a launchpad for tech-based start-ups.

https://www.india-briefing.com/news...preferred-investment-base-in-asia-22517.html/

Thanks @JohnTan . From what I have heard from my own personal circles from Singapore, things are pretty good job wise. Lots of high paying jobs for the well educated.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks @JohnTan . From what I have heard from my own personal circles from Singapore, things are pretty good job wise. Lots of high paying jobs for the well educated.

The local property market has been hot for over a year. With foreigners mostly locked out of Singapore, the purchase of private property is mostly by locals with good jobs thanks to our FTAs, including CECA.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
CECA trash is NOT talent!!!

For the UK Global Talent Visa: India and Nigeria had the lowest Global Talent visa approval rate with 39% and 30% respectively. That shows the shitty quality of Indian "talent"!!! It is close to Nigerian "talent"!!! And PAP lauds this shitty CECA Indians as world class talents, without any objective measurement!!! Again, LHL and PAP are a bunch of lying bastards.

PAP basturds are enjoying life with their million dollar salaries, and we Singaporeans are suffering because of their shit CECA policies.
Nigerians are pretty talented if you ask me. They own posh properties in central London that means they are well off.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The local property market has been hot for over a year. With foreigners mostly locked out of Singapore, the purchase of private property is mostly by locals with good jobs thanks to our FTAs, including CECA.

That corroborates with what my friends and relatives are telling me.

Singapore is still doing very well. The government is keeping the economy purring along.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal

calm down calm down!!!

but then again... altogether now FUCK PAP!!!

the amount of legal corruption had turn this island into a never-ending cesspool of traffic jams, human jams, scam jams, and what fuck have you sewage jams

Last edited:

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed I am glad I bought a second unit in Jan. It has risen 10% since then. But it is only enough to cover the stamp duty. But still I am lucky that I jumped in as it was taking off . My older unit is an old LH so no upside.

Sgpind

Alfrescian
Loyal
I foresaw this back in 2004. I predicted that foreign talent will take away SG jobs. And eventually foreigners will discriminate against Singaporeans. Singaporeans would be 3rd rate citizens. If what you say is true then it vindicates my decision to migrate! But that's not what my circle of contacts in SG are telling me.

I decided to take my fate into my own hands. I migrated. Which is why we are here where you can accuse me of not knowing what it is like. Otherwise I would be in the same boat as you. Migrating to Canada brought its own challenges and sacrifices. I have to compete with Indians too. And a truck load of other immigrants. Canada DOES NOT recognize foreign credentials and foreign work experience. It is very hard to find a job in your field when you migrate. Most immigrants become pizza delivery drivers. Taxi drivers. Low minimum wage jobs. For myself I considered myself lucky to get a job assembling PVC window jambs and sills at a factory.

https://thewalrus.ca/even-during-a-pandemic-immigrant-doctors-struggle-to-find-work/

Complaining is one thing. Cursing is one thing. In the end what will you do about it?

I hoped that Singaporeans would vote more opposition to check and balance. I voted opposition. My wife voted opposition. I wrote many posts here and at other forums to try to share the reasons why Singaporeans needed to be aware and hoped they would vote opposition. They did not. I heard many Singaporeans complain and complain. But they would do nothing concrete. It is always wanting the easy way and have someone else make sacrifices for them.

I was faced with staying and leaving my fate in the hands of others or leaving but having a tough time and needing to make sacrifices to start all over again. Talking to many Singaporeans including my own siblings and family and relatives and friends......they all want the easier way out and want "someone else" to solve the problems. Kpkb phrases like " pay ministers millions for what". Sorry man. It doesn't do anything to change things saying those things alone. I considered joining opposition but I realized deep inside I had no desire to serve a selfish entitled electorate. Why sacrifice for Singaporeans? Do they appreciate it? Would they agree to make sacrifices? No more maids? Wishful thinking.

I really want to believe you say " how bad and serious the situation is. You have no idea what pain and anguish Singaporean PMETs have gone through in the last 10-15 years. And are still going through." It would justify my decision to migrate! But the reality is none of my personal circle are complaining. And if you look at the forum there is a lot of anti CECA sentiment and cursing etc.....which to me are more simply racist attacks against Indians rather than because there are problems for PMETs finding jobs. I don't remember seeing many people coming here to complain they lost their jobs to CECA. It is just people cursing and swearing telling them to go home.

My own sibling went back to SG from Canada and found a job that pays $15,000 a month within 6 months in the financial sector. Serious and Bad? I certainly am not hearing that first hand. I hope I am wrong though and you are right, and that all you Singaporeans are in deep serious trouble and losing jobs to foreigners left right centre. Then I can say I told you so. But nah. It's not true. Truth is my decision to migrate is the shit decision. I brought my family and myself through hardship for nothing. And now that I have renounced Singapore citizenship I cannot go back to SG.

Nevertheless, I wish Good luck to all in Singapore. I hope all of you do well and flourish in Singapore. Don't be like me so stupid to migrate. Stay in Singapore. It is the best country to work and live in. Right @Sgpind @asenmaga ?
There is truth I both sides of the story. In Sg, the govt is trying their best to ensure locals are placed well within large MNCs. However for MNC to justify their investment in Sg, they need to hire who they feel is appropriate. I don't think I am underpaid, but at the same time I don't I displaced a local. It's a job that requires some.skill and years of experience.
To be honest when I came to sg from US I thought I would spend 3 or 4 y get a promotion and go back. But the 2008 financial crisis happened and at the same time I got some good promotions and hikes. So I stayed on. If you go to an MNC bank, on the floor, everyone thinks only about who is the best for getting the job done. If I don't deliver then someone will replace me. If my manager doesn't hire who he thinks is fit for purpose he will be asked to go. Similarly you an push an entity to a certain point only before they take business elsewhere. So that competition is what keeps SG going.

Last edited:

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since you asking me , I can only express my opinion what i went thru. I would say the golden period for Local born Singaporean would be during the period 1980s to early 2010 (there about).

I think Government always "throw smoked bombs" ... Nobody have said that NO foreigners are needed. Even Woody have clearly stated in one of
his books if I am not wrong that he brought the issue of too many foreigners' , be it PR or new citizen to Pinky...and he agreed indeed, but he didnt do anything about it for the last twenty years.

During the start of my career in the Financial sector in the 1980s, we already have foreigners working on Expats term. There was no disquiet nor people complaining about it. During those periods locals have many opportunities in the financial sector fresh out from school,. There is no such excuses being given for someone fresh out from school that you don't have experience. Most organization take in freshies and trained them.

Current situation is totally different, as there is uncontrolled influx for foreigners in the sectors that most Singaporean can do . It cannot be for a Singaporean to have all the National Service/Reservist obligations and yet to compete with a foreigner with neither and also the cost of owning homes.

I don't really agree that a MNC bank will move away from Singapore if it didn't get to employ someone they need. MAS have rejected many applications before during my time for various senior positions if they think it is not suitable, you didn't see any Banks relocate because of staff
issue even employee of higher levels.

I remembered a case on an American Bank who wanted to hire a top staff from MAS in their Singapore office , MAS objected. The American bank than hired the Singaporean in their Japanese Office instead. That American bank did NOT packed up and leave.

In the Asian Time Zone, there is only two financial centers that stands out , Singapore and Hong Kong.
After 1997 China have become an issue for HK so it was a case some chose Singapore as a regional center while other chose HK for her ease of entry to the Chinese market. So really the Government propaganda of saying that if we don't allow foreigners in , these banks will relocate....
doesnt really holds... where else do you think they cant relocate to ?
If we are talking about labor intensive industries, sure ...in any case Singapore cannot be in this market...because of land cost and populations.

In any case , Singapore and HK was already among the top financial centers in the world , it make no sense that Singaporean graduates loose out to the India Indian when India have never been a financial powerhouse till to date... so either the education system in India have prepare or educated her citizen better ?

Apart from one middle east country that is overwhelmed by foreigners , I don't think any other countries allow easy access to job markets like Singapore. The difference is the middle east government take care of her citizen.

Below is a posting by one veteran in the financial sector . Do note that he was from MAS and GIC before, so likely a Pro Government before.
Do note also that Only the very BEST of Singaporean during those time are able to join this two organization. You can search his name
on Facebook and read his post. I am unable to post the link... so here is a copy from his posting.
1633080764377.png

Even during my time, whenever there is a financial crisis , and banks are supposed to take a hit by downsizing....Singapore has always been the ones that bear the major proportion of the retrenchment, reasons being , we have a Government that has always being Pro Employers vs workers and weak labor union where else in all other countries like Europe, USA and Australia they need to pay huge amount and you cant remove as you wish unlike Singapore .

Ps . If I am not wrong, you were once a Medical Professional from Singapore that migrated to Canada....but unlike Singapore , Canada have stricter
employment rules for foreigners ie.. they don't recognize your overseas qualification. Here in Singapore ....even fake certificate they don't even check.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Indeed I am glad I bought a second unit in Jan. It has risen 10% since then. But it is only enough to cover the stamp duty. But still I am lucky that I jumped in as it was taking off . My older unit is an old LH so no upside.

The property market is set to rise by at least another 15% by the end of next year. Housing supply is badly affected by the inability to bring in more bangalas and the rising prices of raw materials. By end of next year, your property price would be high enough to flip and cover your stamp duty and loan interest. Just wait until no more SSD.