• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Young Towkay Loves Staying In HDB Despite Owning Several Properties!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least this chap's story is more believable than the clown lawyer who boasts several million in wealth, but chose to stay in a shit RENTED condo in Yishun.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree and that was in 2012.
Even today average 4 room in Toa Payoh is $600,00 -so he paid at least 17% above market and if his flat is reaching 60 years lease left, its value will start to go down due to difficulty of buyers to get financing.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/how-much-does-resale-flat-cost-most-expensive-hdb-estates

I still think the most unbelievable part is the way he pitched the convenience of living in a HDB neighborhood - the abundance of kopitiams and chap parang shops with China Chinese touting their cheapo goods and India Indians forever topping up their prepaid cards and gawking at ladies in shorts. And he said he liked the tranquility of HDB neighborhood.

Now if he is really mesmerized by the charm of HDB neighborhood, the truth is there are many condo developments which are located alongside HDB flats. He didn't have to force himself into a HDB pigeon hall just for that sinkie convenience.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still think the most unbelievable part is the way he pitched the convenience of living in a HDB neighborhood - the abundance of kopitiams and chap parang shops with China Chinese touting their cheapo goods and India Indians forever topping up their prepaid cards and gawking at ladies in shorts. And he said he liked the tranquility of HDB neighborhood.

Now if he is really mesmerized by the charm of HDB neighborhood, the truth is there are many condo developments which are located alongside HDB flats. He didn't have to force himself into a HDB pigeon hall just for that sinkie convenience.

Well he is right in saying all these. Condo locations are usually quite shit! Some of the HDB locations are even built directly above or linked to a mall - e.g. jurong point, clementi mall etc. If HDB flats are freehold, they will be worth $1.5 million at least.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree and that was in 2012.
Even today average 4 room in Toa Payoh is $600,00 -so he paid at least 17% above market and if his flat is reaching 60 years lease left, its value will start to go down due to difficulty of buyers to get financing.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/how-much-does-resale-flat-cost-most-expensive-hdb-estates

Most sinkies make money on property without effort. Be it private or Hdb.
This dumbfuck self proclaimed property investor actually incurred paper loss.
That’s why you hear the holier than thou ‘I dun check prices for my home’ line.
He knows very well rich people dun say in Hdb that’s why he need to offer stewpig excuses for owning and living in one.....and a four room flat at that.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well he is right in saying all these. Condo locations are usually quite shit! Some of the HDB locations are even built directly above or linked to a mall - e.g. jurong point, clementi mall etc. If HDB flats are freehold, they will be worth $1.5 million at least.
There are many more condo developments on top of shopping Malls cum MRT stations too. Almost every MRT station there’s one.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, HDB locations are just like what he described. But tranquility ?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most sinkies make money on property without effort. Be it private or Hdb.
This dumbfuck self proclaimed property investor actually incurred paper loss.
That’s why you hear the holier than thou ‘I dun check prices for my home’ line.
He knows very well rich people dun say in Hdb that’s why he need to offer stewpig excuses for owning and living in one.....and a four room flat at that.

U stupid illiterate ah beng wannabe. Paper loss is nothing if u don't intend to sell. What's the point of staying in a condo located in shitty Yishun?

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taking 30% profit in 2006 before TOP, you can't be a savvy property investor.

On one of my freehold condominiums in district 11 purchased in 2006 at $900 psf, today is being transacted at above $2000 psf.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U stupid illiterate ah beng wannabe. Paper loss is nothing if u don't intend to sell. What's the point of staying in a condo located in shitty Yishun?

Wow you got whore Jinx line of logic well said.
Fyi Yishun next to mrt and on top the shopping mall in also got condo. Got slightly more money can afford not to stay hdb

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow you got whore Jinx line of logic well said.
Fyi Yishun next to mrt and on top the shopping mall in also got condo. Got slightly more money can afford not to stay hdb

This reminds me of some of those obnoxious creatures in AWARE who are still spinsters in their late 30s and 40s. When asked about the prospect of marriage, sensing that they could no longer command a price, let alone a good price, in the market, they would ramble on about the virtues of spinsterhood. I am sure if someone like Mark Zuckerberg turned up in their life, these spinsters would be singing a different tune.

I can believe that this rich man son does not have the intention to sell the HDB flat, but I am not interested in his intention. I am more interested in the current price of his HDB flat, but he dodged the question by talking about his intention not to sell. He can choose not to sell, but still tell us current price of his HDB. After all, the whole article is about him being such a savvy investor.

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
First bite of the cherry in 2006, maybe parents helped him with the down. Sold in 2008. He then bought the HDB flat in 2012 with all the subsidies. Has a holding company to stash all his profits from selling his biz and not pay himself too much so that he doesn't have to pay too much income tax. He probably decoupled he and his wife name from the HDB so he can buy the River Valley without ABSD.

Stay in HDB cuz there's no point staying in condo in Singapore unless it is really high end. Most condos in Singapore are no different from HDB except for the swimming pool.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First bite of the cherry in 2006, maybe parents helped him with the down. Sold in 2008. He then bought the HDB flat in 2012 with all the subsidies. Has a holding company to stash all his profits from selling his biz and not pay himself too much so that he doesn't have to pay too much income tax. He probably decoupled he and his wife name from the HDB so he can buy the River Valley without ABSD.

Stay in HDB cuz there's no point staying in condo in Singapore unless it is really high end. Most condos in Singapore are no different from HDB except for the swimming pool.

Yes heartland condos and Hdb not much difference.
If you’re rich you wont even consider the 2 as options.
It’s like pondering over to buy a Toyota or Honda. Figuring out which is more value for money. A real rich man would only buy the Lexus.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok given the rules permitting....would a really rich person however savvy he is go thru the hassle of buying a Hdb flat even though he can?
How many rich people however ngeow or stingy stay in Hdb? I dare say it’s zero.
Rich people dun bother waste time making such peanuts.

Never say never. Newspapers reported a couple of years ago that a buyer of a $15-20m property has a ghim moh hdb address. He probably was poor then became rich, and most probably doesn't live there anymore, but still...never say never.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never say never. Newspapers reported a couple of years ago that a buyer of a $15-20m property has a ghim moh hdb address. He probably was poor then became rich, and most probably doesn't live there anymore, but still...never say never.
sinkies have rags to riches stories to tell, mainly because of property including hdb. thanks to pap! :biggrin:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes heartland condos and Hdb not much difference.
If you’re rich you wont even consider the 2 as options.
It’s like pondering over to buy a Toyota or Honda. Figuring out which is more value for money. A real rich man would only buy the Lexus.
You have inferiority complex towards people who strive to be rich and try your best to justify why they are fake. This is one way you can feel good that you are not successful and rich.

You spend your time doing nonsense like this and not real work which gets you to be rich.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it funny that people choose to show off their wealth by insisting on staying in a condo located in shitty outskirts of Yishun or Woodlands. Come on la, i will rather take a 5room HDB flat located just above a central shopping mall. Most of the clowns don't swim or use the private gym anyway. The only thing that is good about a condo is random ah mao ah gao cannot come up to my unit, as they will need to get past the security post.

If u wanna show off your wealth, go buy landed la.