• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WWW.Japanese F3 vs Chinese J20

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese American WWII vets remember Flying Tigers days

Last week, Chinese American World War II veterans of the legendary Flying Tigers reunited for their 68th Anniversary in New York City. Their all-Chinese American units served a special mission: to assist American Flying Tigers pilots and train Chinese Air Force ground crews to defend against Japanese invasion. They flew the "Hump" (the lower range of the Himalayan mountains), drove the legendary Burma Road, performed troop transport, repaired planes, and did crash recovery.

Now ranging from 86 to 93 years in age, these veterans came from across the country to bond and reflect. At the American Legion Kimlau Post 1291 in Chinatown, the first Chinese-American American Legion Post established after the war, they met friends and traded stories. A panel shared their experiences to a capacity crowd at the Museum of Chinese in America, where a short film featured photos of the men handsomely donning their American G.I. uniforms. They reminisced on the 1940s, when their uniforms first brought to them a sense of equality and pride.

World War II marked many milestones for Chinese Americans. Most significantly, defense and other mainstream jobs became available, freeing Chinese Americans who had been confined solely to restaurants and laundries. The Montgomery G.I. Bill helped them afford education. Chinatowns transformed from bachelor communities to family communities, with the help of a special War Brides Act passed by Congress that enabled Chinese Americans to legally bring their brides over from China. Any soldier who served a minimum of 90 days gained citizenship, even if he had entered the country illegally.

It's been all but forgotten that 20,000 Chinese Americans served in World War II. 61 percent of those who served were born in America, 39 percent from a foreign country. It is astonishing that in New York City alone, 40 percent of all Chinese Americans between 18 and 36 enlisted or were drafted -- the highest ratio among any national grouping in the country. Because some of the drafted and enlisted were "paper sons" who came to America with falsified papers, many of the men were actually younger or older than the legal age to serve. In one of the all-Chinese American units, the 407 Air Service Squadron, the actual age of the men ranged from 15-50.

91-year-old Mack Pong who was born in Houston, Texas, graduated high school in 1938. "When I finished high school, in 1938, I couldn't get a job. They didn't want Chinese. Finally, I got a job at the post office, because they needed people, [after] so many were drafted."

Eventually, Pong himself was drafted in 1943 and put in a unit of 250 Chinese Americans, which later formed the 407 Air Squadron Group of the 14th Air Service Group. They trained in Patterson Field, OH, and made their way to Calcutta. "Our group was formed, so we had to pick up supplies. Outside Calcutta was Kanchrapara, which was a service depot -- they had all the supplies. We had to pick up stoves for the kitchens, mechanical ware for the mechanics, food, practically everything to suffice, to make it self-serving. That was tough, because they had no cranes, and everything was transported by hand. Everything was moved onto a steamer ship on Brahmaputra River, then we had to take it off the boat, and put it on a narrow gauged railroad. Then we set up a base and squadron in operation at Dinjan."

After the war, the Chinese American soldiers promised to keep in touch and make something of their lives with their newfound rights. Over the years, Mack Pong kept in contact with at least 175 of the 250 Chinese American comrades, mostly those on the West Coast, from his 407 Air Service Squadron. Later, friends from the 987th Signal Company joined as well. Richard Chin of New York City, who passed away this year, kept in contact with those on the East Coast. Their initial reunions were informal dinners where the men drank and smoked cigars at the San Francisco VFW Hall. By the 60s, they brought their wives, and by the 80s, the reunions became family events.

What pisses me off is that in some ways chinese aka asian americans still aren't really regarded as part of the american psyche. Many asians that travel and live in the US are sort of seen as foreigners as opposed to a white person that's not an american.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
What pisses me off is that in some ways chinese aka asian americans still aren't really regarded as part of the american psyche. Many asians that travel and live in the US are sort of seen as foreigners as opposed to a white person that's not an american.

It not just Chinese Korean, Japanese American also faces the same issue.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Americans aided the chinese nationalist government. but it is the communist government that aided korea. two different chinese government lah

i once talk to some angmoh, maybe to you, there is a difference, to the wider world. There are no difference between Manchuria and Hans chinese, no difference between genghis khan conquer china and sung china. china is china.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i once talk to some angmoh, maybe to you, there is a difference, to the wider world. There are no difference between Manchuria and Hans chinese, no difference between genghis khan conquer china and sung china. china is china.

why do americans want to free tibet even though they cannot tell a tibetian from a chinese or even know where tibet is.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why do americans want to free tibet even though they cannot tell a tibetian from a chinese or even know where tibet is.

amercia is a big country, maybe a few nuts living therewant that, but dun call the american want to free tibet, i hear no such things from the white house.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
amercia is a big country, maybe a few nuts living therewant that, but dun call the american want to free tibet, i hear no such things from the white house.

OK got it but the free tibet movement is quite popular and big in the US. They should free texas and LA.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
The silliest so-called world power was France that couidn't fight at all, crumbled and surrendered to Germany at the first sign of trouble at the gate. That forced the Dunkirk Retreat.

You got this absolutely correct, the french were basically useless and leaning on Britain. They were ingrates and had forgotten it was the American led allied forces that liberated them from the Germans. They distance themselves after that, the British at the very least still remains as a great ally of the Americans.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK got it but the free tibet movement is quite popular and big in the US. They should free texas and LA.

The Free Tibet Movement is big in USA because it is supported by the most filthy and influential Jews in the world: the Hollywood Jews. These media and film industry Jew fuckers really get into people's minds and turn their opinion.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed. If territories are won, ceded and inherited legally, no one should ever give them up.

If the Brits didn't run into administrative and financial problems managing their never setting sun empire, do you think they would have given them up? Don't be naive, people, the Brits did not give up their colonies out of guilt trips or anything moral like that. They gave them up because the colonies were costing them too much.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you dense? It is not just a difference in governments. It is a difference in ideologies. It is not as if the Democrats won the elections over the Republicans. The US were already fervently anti-communist before WW2, the focus shifted back after WW2. The US was committed to stopping the spread of Communism, there was no way they could be friends with the CCP government then. They sure knew the difference then unlike you, who behave like your uneducated redneck angmoh friend.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you dense? It is not just a difference in governments. It is a difference in ideologies. It is not as if the Democrats won the elections over the Republicans. The US were already fervently anti-communist before WW2, the focus shifted back after WW2. The US was committed to stopping the spread of Communism, there was no way they could be friends with the CCP government then. They sure knew the difference then unlike you, who behave like your uneducated redneck angmoh friend.

you are chinese right, so you differentiate china.
But for all the rest of the world, china is china, monglia china, manchuria china, republic of china, communtist china, they are all the same. you have to use your imagination. You think the red neck in USA can tell the difference from the above? All they know is they help china in ww2 and they go to war in korea.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like to see J20 roll out it 1st 100 plane. See how USA comment. Maybe USA will come out another upgrade version of F22 will need more money and then bankrupt the country like Greece/Spain.
USA spend nearly US$80b for about 190 F22. Each cost more than US$400m more than A380.
Each high accuracy anti aircraft missile cost $1m. If fire 10 missile at one plane will the F22 still flying?

kemana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest for those interested in a more balanced, professional and informative discussion of
The j20 to go here:

http://www.sinodefenceforum.com/air-force/j-20-new-generation-fighter-iii-220-5600.html

To my knowledge the best English language military forum on china. It frequented by quite a lot of westerners with military background and a few sour grape Indians lol

Moreover even though I am supportive of china to break the stranglehold by western military powers, there is no good reason to bash the f22. It is still the best 5th generation plane out there.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think the red neck in USA can tell the difference from the above? All they know is they help china in ww2 and they go to war in korea.

So what? With the US, they can be friends with you one minute and enemies the next. Just ask USSR, Germany, Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan. Just because there are many rednecks out there doesn't mean you need to behave like one too. If you see a room full of people eating shit, will you eat shit as well?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So what? With the US, they can be friends with you one minute and enemies the next. Just ask USSR, Germany, Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan. Just because there are many rednecks out there doesn't mean you need to behave like one too. If you see a room full of people eating shit, will you eat shit as well?

you cannot close your mind within your ethical mentality, you have to think global, outside the box.
no one eat shits. except KFC if you consider that shit.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How Americans fight wars? Give us the best industrial grade precision-calibrated weapons so we can anyhow shoot like computer game.

How British fight wars? Give us any weapon, we'll figure out how to customise precision-calibrate ourselves. If not enough firepower, we'll live to fight another day. How Germans fight wars? Heil, Fuhrer! How Japanese fight wars? Hai, Heika. Die die also nevermind. How Israelis fight wars? No matter how, kill them first, talk later, otherwise, we'd be all dead. How Chinese fight wars? What the fuck? Got chair grab chair, got bottle grab bottle and beat the fuck out of them.

How do Singaporeans fight wars? Apply for exit permit and book air ticket and get the fuck out of this place before it's too late.

How do Indians fight wars? Nevermind dah dey. Surrender dah dey. Take the whole India also nevermind dah dey.

How do Malays fight fight wars? What war? Do whatever you want, just leave us alone to our relac lifestyle.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The US were already fervently anti-communist before WW2, the focus shifted back after WW2. The US was committed to stopping the spread of Communism, there was no way they could be friends with the CCP government then. They sure knew the difference then unlike you, who behave like your uneducated redneck angmoh friend.

the United States was anti-communist/USSR but they weren't prejudiced against the Chinese Communists. the Marshall Mission objective was to bring the KMT and CCP together in a unified government. the China policy makers at the state of department "believed" that Mao's Reds were simple agrarian reformers/moderate communists. US chose not to militarily intervene to support KMT in the Chinese civil war and allowed CCP to take over China. after the defeat of KMT in China and during the Korean war, the same group of peoples at the state of department desperately defended themselves and insisted that Mao was actually Chinese Tito, only a matter of time. that's all that mattered for US international interests.

you are right. there was no way the PRC could be friends with USA at that period of time. those US officials who believed Mao could become a Tito were either misinformed or deliberately misinforming the American people and manifesting a hidden agenda for the Russians.

Last edited: