• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WWW.Japanese F3 vs Chinese J20

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro u need to go into a forum where lots of americans are at. I suggest bodybuilding.com go to the misc section which is their talk cock section and they have ppl all over the world and debate with those americans over this.

The thing about americans is they always think they are the best especially when it comes to war. When you post this confirm lots of americans will be pissed off with you. There's nothing wrong with thinking you're the best cos it's human nature but it's even worse if you're not american and somehow think americans are the best and don't have a legitimate reason or means to prove it. This is the phenomenon that i'm talking about wearing the butt skin of others on your face thinking you're one of them when you're not. Lots of non americans think that way.

The good thing is that anybody could become an American. Despite the KKK and the neo nazi movement in isolated parts of the USA, white americans are by and large not racist and have come to embrace a multicultural, multiracial america ever since the civil rights movement in the '60s. That is more than 50 years of acceptance of the non-white, non-western and the non-christian. Which is more than i can say for kampongs like australia.

Where else do you get black people becoming president of a majority white western society (including the midwest where majority are white) and have white kids idolising black and hispanic music and sports stars. Where else do you get the creme de la creme of the world's top talents in all industries, from taiwan, china, india, europe, russia and africa flocking to their shores and be greatly accepted and rewarded in their society?

America, with its top colleges, top tech companies and banks, and their ability to attract and absorb the best and brightest the world has to offer can only mean one thing: this is a superpower that will never die.

Last edited:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry. When I have free time and spare change on my hands, I go to US to piss them off face to face. But to be fair, there're many nice Americans worthy friends too. Chinese pilots no good? No Chinese pilots, all US FTs? Ask the Japanese air force veterans whom they met and what happened to them.

In the Anglo-Saxon world, the most ignorant are the Australians. It used to be the Brits but they have humbled down a lot ever since their empire dissolved and their country went down the pits. Americans tend to stand by their Constitution: skin colour matters a lot less than allegience to the nation. You can be from anywhere but as long you become an American citizen and stay loyal, you are accepted.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The good thing is that anybody could become an American. Despite the KKK and the neo nazi movement in isolated parts of the USA, white americans are by and large not racist and have come to embrace a multicultural, multiracial america ever since the civil rights movement in the '60s. That is more than 50 years of acceptance of the non-white, non-western and the non-christian. Which is more than i can say for kampongs like australia.

Where else do you get black people becoming president of a white western society and have white kids idolising black and hispanic music and sports stars. Where else do you get the creme de la creme of the world's top talents in all industries, from taiwan, china, india, europe, russia and africa flocking to their shores and be greatly accepted and rewarded in their society?

America, with its top colleges, top tech companies and banks, and their ability to attract and absorb the best and brightest the world has to offer can only mean one thing: this is a superpower that will never die.

Honestly speaking they didn't just become like that out of the blue. It took the civil rights movement for them to begin to think in a less racist manner and even then it still took 20-30 yrs for them to become more accepting. Think about it in the 70's they were still more racist to blacks and asians etc compared to today. It's an ongoing process and they didn't just magically become more accepting. Many blacks had to really fight them tooth and nail to get acceptance.

Some remote areas of the US are still pretty racist i must say. You go google about some asian american kid that killed himself cos he was racially abused by his army mates this yr or last yr. Still happens among the rednecks. When i was in the US i studied in some remote town area where they had more rednecks even though it wasn't in the south but they still displayed some hick type of behavior.

Compared to aussie i would say by and large they should be more accepting but then again aussie never had a civil rights movement.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the Anglo-Saxon world, the most ignorant are the Australians. It used to be the Brits but they have humbled down a lot ever since their empire dissolved and their country went down the pits. Americans tend to stand by their Constitution: skin colour matters a lot less than allegience to the nation. You can be from anywhere but as long you become an American citizen and stay loyal, you are accepted.

If you agree with that, then you agree with whomsoever foreigner coming to Singapore to pledge allegiance should be granted citizenship? My personal standpoint is that I agree if the heart is true. I've lived and worked in many foreign countries just stopping short of renouncing Singapore citizenship and take up one of their citizenships. No regrets. Cause I coudn't bear to do it. I want to die as a Singaporean handing over my pink IC not to withdraw CPF but for goodbye world.

If Singapore is invaded someday while I'm still alive, I'll go draw arms S&W.38, M16 or SAW or whatever available. I'll fight till they're gone or I'm dead. I'll only live once anyway, and I have to die once anyway. This is my country and I'll fight for it, whether PAP, WP, SPP or any P is in government.

Last edited:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you agree with that, then you agree with whomsoever foreigner coming to Singapore to pledge allegiance should be granted citizenship? My personal standpoint is that I agree if the heart is true. I've lived and worked in many foreign countries just stopping short of renouncing Singapore citizenship and take up one of their citizenships. No regrets. Cause I coudn't bear to do it. I want to die as a Singaporean handing over my pink IC not to withdraw CPF but for goodbye world.

If Singapore is invaded someday while I'm still alive, I'll go draw arms S&W.38, M16 or SAW or whatever available. I'll fight till they're gone or I'm dead. I'll only live once anyway, and I have to die once anyway. This is my country and I'll fight for it, whether PAP, WP, SPP or any P is in government.

It is easy to want to pledge allegiance to one of the greatest and most powerful countries in history and greatest influence on modern human society.

But when some tom dick or harry claims to want to pledge allegiance to tiny, young Singapore, you have to be wary. Are they here to milk the system? What can there be in SG that is so great to make them want to be a citizen? The only way to be sure is to make them vest their time, blood, sweat and money in SG. That means NS for males and social work for females.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is easy to want to pledge allegiance to one of the greatest and most powerful countries in history and greatest influence on modern human society.

It's also easy, if you can afford it, to pledge allegiance one of best passports in the world, practically visa-free travel around the world. Even Jet Li did it.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The popular movie term Flying Tigers team came from the Chinese Air Force. They were the first to be able to breach Japanese airspace when even the Americans and British couldn't.

The flying tigers were the 1st American Volunteer Group headed by LT GEN Claire Lee Chennault. It boasted of pilots like COL Gregory Boyington and BRIG GEN James Howard.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The flying tigers were the 1st American Volunteer Group headed by LT GEN Claire Lee Chennault. It boasted of pilots like COL Gregory Boyington and BRIG GEN James Howard.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, care to name the rest of squadron?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Japanese school textbooks taught that, Japanese air force failed to gain air superiority over China even outnumbering Chinese aircraft 5:1. And what Chinese say? No, no, no, we're idiots who didn't know how to fly and fight, it was all Americans who did it.

Yeah right, whole squadrons and airforce of Americans sent to die for the defence of China against Japan. Sweet dreams, you go volunteer, I go AWOL.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, yeah, yeah, care to name the rest of squadron?

David Lee "Tex" Hill
Charles Older
Kenneth Jernstedt
Robert William Prescott
Allen "Bert" Christman
Robert Neale
Ed Rector
George Burgard
Robert Little
Charles Older
Robert T. Smith
William McGarry
Charles Bond
Frank Lawlor
John Newkirk
Robert Hedman
C. Joseph Rosbert
J. Richard Rossi
Robert Prescott:
Percy Bartelt
William Bartling
Edmund Overend
Robert Sandell
Robert H. Smith

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Japanese school textbooks taught that, Japanese air force failed to gain air superiority over China even outnumbering Chinese aircraft 5:1. And what Chinese say? No, no, no, we're idiots who didn't know how to fly and fight, it was all Americans who did it.

Yeah right, whole squadrons and airforce of Americans sent to die for the defence of China against Japan. Sweet dreams, you go volunteer, I go AWOL.

It was only a "Volunteer" group in name. It was actually a mercenary force.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

I admire your patriotism. Personally I won't.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese American WWII vets remember Flying Tigers days

Last week, Chinese American World War II veterans of the legendary Flying Tigers reunited for their 68th Anniversary in New York City. Their all-Chinese American units served a special mission: to assist American Flying Tigers pilots and train Chinese Air Force ground crews to defend against Japanese invasion. They flew the "Hump" (the lower range of the Himalayan mountains), drove the legendary Burma Road, performed troop transport, repaired planes, and did crash recovery.
2011-09-30-docu0013tx.jpg

Now ranging from 86 to 93 years in age, these veterans came from across the country to bond and reflect. At the American Legion Kimlau Post 1291 in Chinatown, the first Chinese-American American Legion Post established after the war, they met friends and traded stories. A panel shared their experiences to a capacity crowd at the Museum of Chinese in America, where a short film featured photos of the men handsomely donning their American G.I. uniforms. They reminisced on the 1940s, when their uniforms first brought to them a sense of equality and pride.

World War II marked many milestones for Chinese Americans. Most significantly, defense and other mainstream jobs became available, freeing Chinese Americans who had been confined solely to restaurants and laundries. The Montgomery G.I. Bill helped them afford education. Chinatowns transformed from bachelor communities to family communities, with the help of a special War Brides Act passed by Congress that enabled Chinese Americans to legally bring their brides over from China. Any soldier who served a minimum of 90 days gained citizenship, even if he had entered the country illegally.

It's been all but forgotten that 20,000 Chinese Americans served in World War II. 61 percent of those who served were born in America, 39 percent from a foreign country. It is astonishing that in New York City alone, 40 percent of all Chinese Americans between 18 and 36 enlisted or were drafted -- the highest ratio among any national grouping in the country. Because some of the drafted and enlisted were "paper sons" who came to America with falsified papers, many of the men were actually younger or older than the legal age to serve. In one of the all-Chinese American units, the 407 Air Service Squadron, the actual age of the men ranged from 15-50.
2011-09-30-IMG_5181tx.jpg

91-year-old Mack Pong who was born in Houston, Texas, graduated high school in 1938. "When I finished high school, in 1938, I couldn't get a job. They didn't want Chinese. Finally, I got a job at the post office, because they needed people, [after] so many were drafted."

Eventually, Pong himself was drafted in 1943 and put in a unit of 250 Chinese Americans, which later formed the 407 Air Squadron Group of the 14th Air Service Group. They trained in Patterson Field, OH, and made their way to Calcutta. "Our group was formed, so we had to pick up supplies. Outside Calcutta was Kanchrapara, which was a service depot -- they had all the supplies. We had to pick up stoves for the kitchens, mechanical ware for the mechanics, food, practically everything to suffice, to make it self-serving. That was tough, because they had no cranes, and everything was transported by hand. Everything was moved onto a steamer ship on Brahmaputra River, then we had to take it off the boat, and put it on a narrow gauged railroad. Then we set up a base and squadron in operation at Dinjan."

2011-09-30-docu0014tx.jpg

After the war, the Chinese American soldiers promised to keep in touch and make something of their lives with their newfound rights. Over the years, Mack Pong kept in contact with at least 175 of the 250 Chinese American comrades, mostly those on the West Coast, from his 407 Air Service Squadron. Later, friends from the 987th Signal Company joined as well. Richard Chin of New York City, who passed away this year, kept in contact with those on the East Coast. Their initial reunions were informal dinners where the men drank and smoked cigars at the San Francisco VFW Hall. By the 60s, they brought their wives, and by the 80s, the reunions became family events.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
f04da2db1122101ad7003b.jpg

The 407th Air Service Squadron Group, better known as the Flying Tigers, in a 1943 photo.

While the heroic World War II air squad's members are aging, their legacy isn't. Sun Ye reports.

James B. Wong remembers many of the planes that landed looked like colanders from all of the bullet holes.

It scared the teenager.

"You're afraid," he says.

"You're afraid you may die. Then, you feel sorry for those who come back shaking. And you feel sorry for those who didn't come back."

It was World War II that brought the Taishan, Shandong province native back to his homeland, after he had circumvented the Chinese Exclusion Act as a "paper son", claiming to be the child of a US citizen, to start a new life in Stuyvesant, New York.

He was drafted into the 407th Air Service Squadron Group - better known as the "Flying Tigers" - at age 15. "They asked me, 'Do you want to go to China and fight the Japanese?'" he recalls.

"I said, 'Of course. I don't want to go to Europe'."

Wong believed it wise to enter General Clair Chennault's Air Service Group and avoid the carnage roiling Europe.

After a year of training in mechanics, electronics, hydraulics and radio-message center operations, the 250-member Flying Tigers squad was sent to the China, Burma and India (CBI) theater of war.

Wong was one of 20,000 Chinese-American soldiers recruited from among the 120,000 Chinese living in the US in 1940, according to Veteran Administration figures.

It was about two years before the Chinese Exclusion Act - for which the US apologized this summer, when congress passed the Resolution of Regret- was repealed.

The media was starting to declare, "The Chinese are our friends!" as the two countries became allies in the fight against Japan. Before that, the Chinese-Americans crammed into China towns were considered "coolies" and "piglets" - a far cry from today's stereotype of Asian-Americans as educated and wealthy.

The status shift is even more dramatic for Wong and his ilk, as the Flying Tigers are internationally celebrated for their heroism.

The members represent "the best and the brightest" of the Chinese-American community, historian Christina Lim says.

Lim organized a meeting and panel discussion for which the veterans flew from around the country to New York's Chinatown on September to mark the 68th anniversary of the group's deactivation.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK lah, lose to you lah. China not good enough. Their names all Chens, Zhangs etc. I can't remember and name. Surrender.

Eh, I never said Chinese no good. I just said "Flying Tigers" is a term which belonged to the AVG. The ROCAF didn't use the term.

me005

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you read too much chinese book in mandarin, with vinegar and salt added by taiwan.

even your timing is so wrong, amercian start action way before pearl harbor.

the chink was hammer by japs until they recruit american fighter pilot, amercian ground staff, amercian planner.

without american logistic support and american pilot help, japs would wipe china out, and guess how chin repay american kindness, they invade them in korea. that how low chin will go.

Americans aided the chinese nationalist government. but it is the communist government that aided korea. two different chinese government lah

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK lah, lose to you lah. China not good enough. Their names all Chens, Zhangs etc. I can't remember and name. Surrender.

The following pilots of the Flying Tigers are (was) either true blue China's Chinese or Asian Chinese -Peng Jiaheng,Wang Yanzhou and Wu Qiyao.

Peng Jiaheng, the only pilot who was awarded the Flying Merit Cross by the U.S. Government in mainland China and the last pilot of the
"Flying Tigers" World War II pilot group in Beijing, died at the age of 90 on Aug. 22.

Now that Peng has died, Wang Yanzhou and Wu Qiyao, who are from Shandong and Zhejiang province, respectively, are the last two
remaining pilots of the "Flying Tigers" in mainland China. Peng retired at the Civil Aviation Administration of China in 1986 in Beijing
and donated the Flying Merit Cross to the Beijing Anti-Japanese War Memorial Hall in 2005.

Last edited: