• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP's Statement on MRT service disruptions

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies should learn to manage the political balance through their votes.

Political parties; as in all organisations, are made up of people, each and every individual got long and short:o. Imo, no hero worship and don't just follow blindly.

But one party dominance is a no no, imo. Inbreeding with no true competition creates lazy and complacent retards.

If it's really that bad, then why the people kept returning WP in power there.

Last edited:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk is cheap. It's easy to fire potshots from the sidelines.

If the WP were running the show, the MRT system would be in far worse shambles!:rolleyes:

That is a reflexive establishment reply. Awshucks! you guys trying to score political points again?

Just this:

STOP profiteering from converting more retail spaces aka smrt xchange,
if your CORE is atrocious, bloody return to put right your CORE. period.

I am all for talent crossing from one industry into another new industry.
But seriously,
Madam Saw, you are no Air Asia's Fernandez.

Go back to running DFS or something like that.

Take responsibility? sincere?
then cut that crap about staying put & not running away from current crisis,
under your dismal leadership, this crises amongst other snafus keep arising.

You are the problem NOT the solution.

Get the hell out of the way, for decency sake.

The Board of SMRT, are you earning your directors' fees in good conscience?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NSP's non-comments are strange. Not that I want to pick on them, but members of parties are also commenting on their own Facebooks outside their parties' official comments.

A casual comment with a disclaimer by Jeannette and only when asked and no one else on FB. Louder on the race issue and TJS book launch.

NSP members got stake in SMRT is it? Or everyone went on holiday?

NSP has no direction since the great GMS left. If only he was still around, I am pretty sure NSP would make many great leaps forward. And backward.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It may be occurring in other wards as well but the fact remains that it is much worse in Hougang. I lived in rented room in AMK for many years and it was very well run with very low levels of crime and vandalism.

Hougang has always been a terrible place. One of my colleagues moved out of Hougang because he couldn't stand it anymore.

It's got nothing to do with the place whether HG or AMK, Sydney or Auckland or wherever. It's got to do with you. I've lived in so many places before and I'm OK.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pretty sure NSP would make many great leaps forward. And backward.

The positions presumably driven largely by the former RP gang within NSP are so far rather uncanny when stringed together collectively. We can trace back from the time the chap stepped down and Hazel took over.

27 Jul 2011 - For a long time, no opposition party whacked both PAP and another opposition party (WP in this case) on an issue. This was on the public transport issue.

1 Aug 2011 - A counter-counter-response to PAP's counter-response on the transport issue. WP did not bother with NSP.

8 Aug 2011 - A national day message. Written not to whack PAP which is good, but when laid along a string of non-confrontational releases, makes NSP look intentionally meek to date.

16 Aug 2011 - Response to PM ND Rally. While touching on population and foreigner issue, the whole release again looks very "olive branch".

23 Aug 2011 - On SWF. Something very academically written.

29 Aug 2011 - An entire release dedicated to Hari Raya.

After all the momentum in Aug, nothing in Sep and Oct.

18 Nov 2011 - Remarks by the Young PAP member on Malays.

To summarise, 1 transport, 1 transparency, 1 foreigner and 2 racial matters. While the transport hit another opposition as well, the rest are rather olive-branch to the PAP.

I sense very bright, academic and IQ brains but poor in EQ and political acumen behind the string of releases.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it's really that bad, then why the people kept returning WP in power there. S'poreans are well known to be a most pragmatic lot, if things had indeed worsen to the extent you said, then the voters would only be in a rush to bring the PAP back, and yet in the last GE, WP's majority actually went up. Hougang residents will tell you how hardworking Yaw is and is pretty well regarded.

Yaw is a very down-to-earth gentleman. He has learned a lot of good attributes of Mr Low Thia Khiang.
What Freedalas said about the rise in the majority votes that was cast is a clear indicator that People of Hougang are indeed very grateful to the WP and its work within that constituency.
Crime is everywhere, even in Teck Ghee ward and Tg Pagar constituency. Criminals do not pounce on opposition areas. They are opportunists who hit wherever they can until they are caught.
Aljunied GRC will follow the same manner that Hougang went. Little by little their MPs popularity and fame will rise and spread, respectively. It will be very infectious and will affect other areas too. The good governance within their GRC (Hougang included) will infect the neighbouring constituencies which will slowly come out and support the WP. This will lead to massive losses within Tampines, East Coast and Punggol GRCs.
This is my forecast. Wanna bet????

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaw is a very down-to-earth gentleman. He has learned a lot of good attributes of Mr Low Thia Khiang.
What Freedalas said about the rise in the majority votes that was cast is a clear indicator that People of Hougang are indeed very grateful to the WP and its work within that constituency.
Crime is everywhere, even in Teck Ghee ward and Tg Pagar constituency. Criminals do not pounce on opposition areas. They are opportunists who hit wherever they can until they are caught.
Aljunied GRC will follow the same manner that Hougang went. Little by little their MPs popularity and fame will rise and spread, respectively. It will be very infectious and will affect other areas too. The good governance within their GRC (Hougang included) will infect the neighbouring constituencies which will slowly come out and support the WP. This will lead to massive losses within Tampines, East Coast and Punggol GRCs.
This is my forecast. Wanna bet????

A very well-thought out and analytical post, Kohliantye. I'm forecasting the same as you for more WP victories next GE. But hor, my master, the reverent Leongsam will find a way to rebut you, sure one. He hor, will come up with some warped logic to dismiss the substantive points that we amateurs made. So since can't win him, then got to call him Master lah, bo pian.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A very well-thought out and analytical post, Kohliantye. I'm forecasting the same as you for more WP victories next GE. But hor, my master, the reverent Leongsam will find a way to rebut you, sure one. He hor, will come up with some warped logic to dismiss the substantive points that we amateurs made. So since can't win him, then got to call him Master lah, bo pian.

Very sad that people do not want to learn from past history.
Bring my thoughts back to the good old school-days when we use to read about the "Musicians of Bremen".
The donkey was the cause of it all. His "hee hor" was the turning point.
All the best to The WP.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

What you're doing is complimenting posts that agree with your viewpoints while taking to task members who challenge your views.

If you respect the democratic process, you should be doing the opposite.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear Mr Leongsam, if u have read further down the thread instead of just glancing at the title, some other forummers said this is a common phenomenon in AMK as well. So it's not something that had happened just because WP is now in charge of Aljunied. In fact, it could well be so a familiar sight in every housing estate that no one iwill even bat an eyelid. The one who took the shot and posted it did so with an ulterior motive of discrediting the WP. Someone else could well have taken a similar photo at a PAP-run constituency. Another example of your political naivity.

Hi. I don't know why sam is picking on WP on this but I am sure you can save your breath with sam.

Very simple, in this incident, if WP were the ruling party and PAP were the alternative party, PAP would do the same if not better or further.

Besides, we live as what is being now rather than living with so many 'if'...

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you're doing is complimenting posts that agree with your viewpoints while taking to task members who challenge your views.

I don't have the authority to take anyone to task in this forum. As you said, this forum advocates the democratic process which in turn meant freedom of speech is encouraged here. Unless you're saying that this not actually the case.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is silly. It is human nature to point out whether others agree with you, and where they differ. How else do you expect a sane discussion to take place? We go around flaming those who support our views and coddling up to those who trash our arguments? No of course not. We take sides and then we can have a good debate. You have one bunch promoting a view, another bunch opposing it, and people sitting on the fence, and that's normal.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is silly. It is human nature to point out whether others agree with you, and where they differ. How else do you expect a sane discussion to take place? We go around flaming those who support our views and coddling up to those who trash our arguments? No of course not. We take sides and then we can have a good debate. You have one bunch promoting a view, another bunch opposing it, and people sitting on the fence, and that's normal.

Ya, it's one thing to agree to disagree, it's another thing to agree with disagree. The first is normal, the second is abnormal.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Things go backwards when everyone agrees with you. Progress comes when there are disagreements.